[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wild
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image_1.jpg (249 KB, 682x1023) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
249 KB, 682x1023
What are your thoughts on living completely primitive? Perhaps I'm a coward but I can't stand the thought of paying bills and dying; airplanes and photos do not suffice. I have been thinking of joining a certain program to learn, and then dropping everything to truly live away from everything. I know it's what most would call stupid, but I say the same to how they live. I don't care about the chance of death, I would rather die a terrible, starved or even mauled death than live in any town.

Is anybody else like this or all you all camera-for-eyes tourists, because that's all I've seen.
>>
>>1098437
>I would rather die a terrible, starved or even mauled death
>sincerely: someone who has never lived through any hardship at all
arrogant faggot
>>
>>1098438
Oh, my apologies. I wasn't aware I'm not allowed to dislike things. Sorry I was born into a lower class American family and can't want less (more).
>muh starving africans
>>
>>1098443
*and want less*
Also, hardships are up to perspective. We all have our problems
>>
>>1098437
what are your outdoors skills like? have you ever been camping? have you ever been on extended hiking trips?
>>
This is the wrong board for this. /out/ exists for a reason. Even /k/ might have better information. You're still a cock, though.

Now get >>>/out/.
>>
I live in a cabin without running water. It fucking blows. Why would you voluntarily choose this lifestyle,?
>>
>>1098448
None, that is why I will learn. Though I will be hiking pretty soon, I've never had the money or chance to do anything extended. Though I am very fit so health won't be much of an issue.

>>1098451
I didn't even know /out/ existed and I've been all over, thanks.

>>1098452
Some people like that shit. I understand most has been romanticised heavily for me, so when I get out there I'll probably be on technology-withdraw for a while, but I'll be okay.
>>
>>1098437
>What are your thoughts on living completely primitive?
Doesn't appeal to me at all, personally, and I think it would be logistically nightmarish--not only are very few people capable of survival in such circumstances, land on which to do so undisturbed isn't everywhere. You either have to own land, squat on someone else's, or squat on some kind of public open land. Two out of three of those options end eventually with someone with a shotgun telling you to leave or arresting you, and one is expensive.
>>
>>1098463
There are many countries that have open land, Norway for example
>>
>>1098464
True. But as OP is American, he doesn't have the legal option to camp in Norway forever. Would be quite interesting to see how long he or another could get away with it, but this is a story that eventually seems like it ends with an immigration authority telling OP to GTFO Norge.

Might also be an expensive proposition. Plane tickets, not so much. But shipping some quantity of gear, and/or buying it in Scandinavia would surely add up fast.
>>
>>1098463
>>1098474
I hate how everything is 'claimed'. I'll find a way somehow, most likely hiding or saving up quite a bit to gain privilege. My goal area is somewhere in Northern Ireland.

Now I know how the Border-Jumpers feel
>>
>>1098486
>I hate how everything is 'claimed'

Go to space or stop your bitching. No other options.
>>
Does not sound fun at all and very, very lonely
>>
>>1098456
>None, that is why I will learn. Though I will be hiking pretty soon, I've never had the money or chance to do anything extended.

No wonder you're delusional.

You're just going through an angsty phase. You'll see the truth if you ever actually make it out of your house. Great outdoors are wonderful for a refresh, but living in a mudhut in Nebraska is full-retard.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.