[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Philippines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 20
File: pines.jpg (34 KB, 652x318) Image search: [Google]
pines.jpg
34 KB, 652x318
Going to the Philippines for 31 days, mid-April to mid-May.

I want to explore the country. Most of my time will be spent in Cebu and Palawan, with brief stops planned in Boracay, Bohol, and Manila.

Where else should I go? Where in Mindanao is safe for an Amerifag?

What are cool things to do in places I mentioned?
>>
>>1095672
donkey show
ping pong show
>>
How is the Philippines for ladyboys?
>>
>>1095787
Thailand is better. Philippines is more for qts who will do *anything* for a green card.
>>
skip cebu, manila and bohol
just go directly to palawan and boracay as fast as you can
>>
>>1095833
Why?
>>
If you happen to get stuck in Manila, go to:

>van gogh is bipolar
The most unique restaurant/art space I've ever been to. Seriously have not seen this anywhere else in the world

>TIME in Makati (club)
The only club in manila that plays underground house, techno, dnb. No mainstream EDM shit

>BoHo Sarapsody
Somewhere hidden along the streets in Quezon City is a nice and cozy bar; an old run down house converted into a bar. Spend all night talking to the regulars and crash on the couch till morning

>The Collective / B-Side
Eat some damn tasty Buffalo wings at Wingman, check out hipster art galleries, boogy to some reggae and make friends to get some bud on a Sunday night
>>
>>1095672
>I want to explore the country.
>Most of time in Cebu
That's not even like 0.1% of the country.

You're not even doing the full meme package, at least add Banaue rice terraces to the list. You shouldn't skip Bohol. It's home to the chocolate hills. Then there are so many volcanoes in Phils, try Mayon. Cebu is safe to skip if you've done Manilla. Go to Davao senpai, there aren't as many tourists there and you get to see a more down-to-earth (whatever that meansi n Phils) city. If you want whoring just go to Angeles.

Several more popular (less popular than Boracay though) places I can't remember right now.
Check the archives and lonelyplanet.
>>
>>1095841
bohol is disappointing cebu and manila are the same shit
>>
I know everyone said to skip Manila but I still booked ~4 unconnected days there to use it's airport. Anyone have recommendations for the best places to go in Manila?
>>
>>1096032
you should use this time to go either to Sagada or Batad. Both of them if you can but that might be rushy
>>
>>1096042
I wanted to go to Batad or Sagada but the days aren't connected. It's 1 full day in Manila, fly off to Boracay, then 2 full days in Manila. Planning to do Taal Volcano as a day trip though
>>
>>1096100
That sucks. I did Taal Volcano and I regretted it. The bus just takes too long to get there.
>>
>>1095863
You're the fucking man. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>1096042
Best way to travel overland in PHI?
>>
>>1096119
Was the volcano cool at least? Any other possible day trips you know of?
>>
>>1095672
Go to cebu if you want some poverty tourism its like 5th world there.

if I were you just go to palawan and boracay

bohol's chocolate hills is very disapointing barely visible in a standard digi camera
>>
>>1096380
>Go to cebu if you want some poverty tourism its like 5th world there
Honestly after doing some research and listening to feedback ITT I'm going to spend about four days, at most, in Cebu. Swim with whale sharks, bareback some qts, and move on to better things.

>bohol's chocolate hills is very disapointing barely visible in a standard digi camera

I have some decent photography equipment.

What else is there to do in Bohol?
>>
a beautiful place
>>
>>1096397
Just don't bother with cebu its a shithole
nothing really after the hills
>>
File: IMG_20160311_121009.jpg (255 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160311_121009.jpg
255 KB, 960x638
Its really nice there. Been there a couple of times now. My girlfriends family live there so been visiting them and helping poor people there. They people there are all nice but they are very shy to speak english.
>>
>>1095672
Skip cebu its a slum city nothing of worth there, you can just fly to iloilo or aklan t get to boracay, then Palawan

bohol is kind of overrated. there was a monkey sanctuary there but kind of sucks you are just allowed to look at them
>>
>>1096550
>monkey sanctuary
Yeah, monkeys are fucking assholes.
>>
Where would a white guy go to party to pickup hot locals
>>
>>1096592
outside
>>
Say I, as a 6'2 decent lookin white boy, fly over to the Philippines with ~$2k.

How long can i last while still enjoying myself? (bars, chicks, exploring, motobiking, etc)

If i have no qualifications, can i still work odd jobs to give me a financial boost every now and then?
>>
>>1096571
they are small endangered monkeys called tarsiers and not those hyper ones, it was pretty lame
>>
>>1096605
you can work as a police agent recruit

they hire white guys as undercover bait costumers to bust and arrest sleazy bars, prostitutes and illegal pedo internet activity
seen alot of this things in the news lately mostly in manila
>>
>>1096397

Putting aside the merits of 'barebacking' for a moment, is there adequate access to contraception and birth control for foreigners in this country? I know the catholic influence is very heavy here.
>>
Girls in Cebu City are gorgeous and decently educated (so, actually interesting to talk to). White guys Fly into there and then leave after one night to Bohol or one of the destinations on the island, so the girls never really meet white guys. If you use tinder and badoo to chat with girls ahead of time they'll all ask to meet you in person when you get there. Just spend a few nights there, be nocturnal and fuck filipinas every night, will be worth it.

Also girls in Cebu are known as the hottest around the country, so there's that.
>>
Filipino people have the ugliest sounding accents when they speak. Anywhere else is tolerable but when i hear a filipino person speaking English i instantly feel like they are trash. I have no clue why. Im sorry phillipines
>>
>>1095672
Just skip Cebu OP nothing but slum ghetto people there and the girls are really trashy its gold digger central but I guess that's okay if you're into that
they also have this dumb way of talking to you. it was a waste of time for me

just go straight to Palawan and Boracay
>>
>>1095672
Check out Enchanted river
>>
>>1095863
Great advice I screen grabbed this.
>>
>>1095833
I disagree.
Ive been Phils alot.
Bohol was nice, but it may of changed in recent years.
Borocay is the party island, so if youre young that maybe the spot for you.

I have family there and also go there for diving.
>>
>>1096119
It takes ages to get anywhere in the philippines, excpet flying.
>>
Oh.
And buy tanduay superior rhum.
Its cheap as shit but probably one of the best rums in the world. But make sure its the superior.
>>
>>1096756

It's not your fault, you are absolutely correct.

Flips intentionally butcher english, especially poor flips. They really are trash, so don't feel bad about thinking this about them. They fuck it up on purpose.

You can tell you have met a flip who is worth a damn if they can and will speak proper english as it is taught in school.
>>
>>1095787

Ph ladyboys are pretty rough. They are super poor so they usually don't have boob jobs or hormones. They try to cover it up but it doesn't work well.

Ph isn't nearly as accepting of them as Thailand, so they also have a chip on their shoulder from being shunned by society. This is good and bad. Good if you treat them well, because they will treat you like a king. Bad if treat them like shit, because they will murder you :) (no, really)

That being said, there is a 'strain' of super-petite filipino twink that basically looks like a girl without tits and tends to have a tiny prick. Not many of them actually become ladyboys, but if you don't mind a bit of faggy shit they are basically the cutest and most obedient traps in SEA.
>>
>>1096733

I've done this.

You aren't busting anything. You are fishing out new 'businesses' for the police to get bribes from, lmao.

About the only thing ph cops will actually put a stop to are seriously-underage activities.

Though there might sometimes be a crime-stopper spree before an election. It's just a show though. Everybody is back on the street as long as they can pay.
>>
>>1095672
You can skip Cebu, they say it safe but I never really felt that, so depressing too the poverty is out in the open for you to see.
Iloilo and Aklan has an airport that has easier access to boracay

>>1096733
How much will they pay you?
>>
>>1096788
Do they think they sound cool?
>>
>>1096769
Wtf I just watched a few videos of cebu and place looks cleaner and fresher then Sydney.
>>
>>1096790
>That being said, there is a 'strain' of super-petite filipino twink that basically looks like a girl without tits and tends to have a tiny prick. Not many of them actually become ladyboys, but if you don't mind a bit of faggy shit they are basically the cutest and most obedient traps in SEA.
And where is this? For research purposes. Science.
>>
>>1096803
of course do you think they will let you see the shit
>>
>>1096787
Where can I find it and what are the rules for alcohol in luggage? If I buy some I'm going to want to bring some home.
>>
This is basically my thread. Was going to create one till I saw this.

I'm thinking of visiting Philippines. Will have around 1.5k$ and want to stay around a month at least so it will be a budget travel.

I'm a 23 y/old, somewhat good looking, relatively tall by asian standarts 1.85m, fit white guy.

Want to travel the natural beauties of the country. Not really interested in the temples and history and shit. Wanna see cool beaches, volcanos, eat exotic foods, have some weird ass smoothies etc etc.

Also, wanna bang some hot local girls. Which route should I follow? Any tips on getting girls?
Also, can you enjoy the sun and the beaches around January 15th - February 25th?
>>
>>1097195
Those dates are prime time for sun and beaches over there
>>
What would be a good amount of time for a trip to the Philippines? Three weeks?
>>
>>1097195
>1.5k
Assuming that's after travel expenses you'll be more than ok.

>I'm a 23 y/old, somewhat good looking, relatively tall by asian standarts 1.85m, fit white guy.
You'll have to try to not get laid. That's not a figure of speech, you'll have to make a conscious effort to repel women regularly.

>Which route should I follow?
>Manila
Manila is a wonderful city, I'm not sure why /trv/ shits on it so much; it has a god tier night life and women who crave BWC. It's where you'll likely entire the country and it's a great place to get acclimated and find your bearings. I'd spend at least a week here. Also pretty much the travel hub for the country. Check ITT for some top shelf advice as to where to go in and around Manila. Seriously though Makati's night life is legendary.

>Palawan
You want natural beauty? You're going to be hard pressed to do better than Palawan; not just in the PHI, in the world. Undeground River and El Nido are the big sells here.

>Bohol
Some nice beaches and the chocolate hills, also you're getting off the beaten path so less tourists; makes you all the more a hot commodity as a white dude.

>Boracay
Lots of travel sites/blogs call this the best island in the world and you've got to be quite the contrarian to disagree. White Beach is essentially paradise on earth and the night life is the stuff of legends. Cocomanga's. Just... Cocomanga's.

Also, especially the time of year you're going, TONS of girls looking to hook up, and not just locals. I've had two threesomes in my life, and both happened here. I don't think that's coincidence.

>Any tips on getting girls?
Be white. Be in shape. Don't be autistic or weird. Be as sexually aggressive as your charisma allows. Mostly just be white.

>can you enjoy the sun and the beaches around January 15th - February 25th?
Literally the best time of the year to go.

>>1097261
I'd say you can have a good time with three weeks. Two at the absolute minimum.
>>
>>1097306
>I'd say you can have a good time with three weeks. Two at the absolute minimum.
I just want to clarify, this is assuming you're coming from US/CA or EU (I'm assuming you are) as it's a long flight and you're looking at around $800-$1100 roundtrip.

If you're lucky enough to be within an 8 hour flight of PHI it should pretty much be your go-to weekend getaway.
>>
>>1097306

Thanks man. Really encouraging. I'll do further research of course but you basically told me what I wanted to hear. And yes 1.5k$ after the travelling expenses (After the plane ticket tho. Domestic transportation will be included in the 1.5k).

Is the society there judgemental? I mean, I dont know the exact English word for it but do people get shamed by sleeping with other people? I mean, is it like a muslim country with social pressure or the opposite?

Also, how is the food there? I'm Turkish so I'm a muslim. Im okay with trying out new stuff but are bugs and pork and weird stuff all they eat out there?

Lastly, should I book for my accomodations in advance? I want my trip to be adventurouls (Prob going solo for example) but dont want to underprepare for it.

Thanks again.
>>
I think the underground river tour in palawan is overrated. Went on it wasn't too impressed.
>>
>>1097306
You're making me want to go back...

I only spent a brief time in Manila but my experience (and my friends) was that it was dirty, disgustingly polluted and everywhere was under development. It was like all of the gaudiness of Vegas with none of the style.

That said, it did look like it had potential. As you said, it was our "hub" so it served us well in that sense, but having to contend with rush hour traffic at the end of seven hour of travel to get back there probably didn't put it in the most favourable light. Travelling on a Jeepney was amazing fun though, despite wanting to vomit due to the fumes from all of the traffic.

I want to go back and spend my time purely in Manila (maybe with a trip to Palawan) to give it a fair shot.

Does Palawan have a nightlife like Boracay or is it more about scenery there?

Boracay was stunning, but flawed. Had a fantastic time though. Got dancing with a qt but she wouldn't have sex with me because of Jesus.
>>
>>1097406
>Domestic transportation will be included in the 1.5k
Domestic transport is pretty damn cheap. Like you can fly anywhere in the country, round trip, for less than $100. Busses and taxis are pennies.

>Is the society there judgemental? I mean, I dont know the exact English word for it but do people get shamed by sleeping with other people?
It's a heavily Catholic nation, so girls tend to have a bit more discretion with their reputation, and most of them are very good about not sleeping around... with their native men.

>Also, how is the food there?
Sinigang and lechon is wonderful, the food in general is pretty solid. Cowboy Grill in Manila has really good steak.

Bugs is more a Thailand thing, as far as I know.

>should I book for my accomodations in advance?
I would do so for Boracay, especially that time of year, and maybe your first couple nights in Manila, but other than that it's perfectly safe to wing it.

>>1097519
>Does Palawan have a nightlife like Boracay or is it more about scenery there?
When I went to Palawan I basically went straight to the river, and then to El Nido. I do plan on checking out Puerto Princesa in detail next time I go, but I've heard some very good things.
>>
>>1097555
>Is the society there judgemental? I mean, I dont know the exact English word for it but do people get shamed by sleeping with other people?
>It's a heavily Catholic nation, so girls tend to have a bit more discretion with their reputation, and most of them are very good about not sleeping around... with their native men.

Definitely. They are often obsessed with image and maintaining the "good catholic" image because they know that they wouldn't be wanted by a local that thinks they are a whore.

That said, white men are fair game. They will be discreet around local men (specifically male friends) but they will be absolute freaks if there is a chance at having a go on some white man that will treat them better than any local man would dream of. Western chivalry is a big deal over there. I was stood at a set of lights in the rain and I held my umbrella over a local girl (I'm 6' 6" so I towered over her) and her first thought was to hold it for me, but I told her I didn't want her hair to get wet (it was already wet but whatever). I can't adequately describe the look on her face but it was as though nobody had ever been so nice to her.
>>
>>1097555
>When I went to Palawan I basically went straight to the river, and then to El Nido. I do plan on checking out Puerto Princesa in detail next time I go, but I've heard some very good things.

Thanks.

I've just made the mistake of looking at pictures from Palawan and now I want to go regardless. I will probably have to go on my own, but based on previous experience it's a more than accommodating country for that.
>>
This board has really gone down hill.

Just got back from 3 months in the Philippines. No reason to even post here.

>Visit El Nido

Lol. Man, the total shit advice.
>>
>>1097565
Well why not contribute in a fashion you deem to be of high quality to help increase the quality?
>>
>>1097406
>I want my trip to be adventurous
Only take a good, well made, carry on bag. Tortuga makes a very good one. Also bring a diver's whistle, if you ever need one you'll understand why and you'll be glad you listened to me.

>Prob going solo for example
IMHO solo is the way to go in the Philippines or even SEA in general. I'd be happy to elaborate as to why.
>>
>>1097569
Not the guy you quoted, but I'd love to hear you elaborate.

I'm going to work now so if you don't get a response from me it's because I won't have read it yet.
>>
>>1097565
Well then by all means, give us some advice from a realtraveler.

>Implying El Nido isn't wonderful
Aw... someone missed his electricity. There's only one woman in your life, and her name is Siri? Am I right?
>>
>>1097570
Headed out the door myself. I'll post here again in about 8 hours.

Hopefully

>>1097565

Hasn't shit up the thread by then.
>>
>>1097567

I used to, years ago. Trying to fix all the bad advice would take too long. I had typed a little bit and then stopped. There's too much. It's really a lost cause.

Really a lost cause.

-

As far as El Nido, this is why that is terrible advice. As every year passes, the corals are more heavily bleached. Dynamite fishing and the bleaching have totally decimated El Nido. The reefs are now in a terrible state. The diving and the snorkeling is far, far better in other parts of the country. El Nido, also, is incredibly expensive and takes a bit to get over to. The city is a bit better with price, but the locals in El Nido have taken to the "take advantage of foreigners" than most other places in the country.
>>
>>1097565
What's the report?

Where were you?
Sights? Food?
Accommodation prices/quality?
>>
>>1097579

Accommodation prices vary based on the style you want to stay in and the area you want to go in. TripAdvisor is the best tool to figure this out.

There are tons of sights. The two highlights of the trip were Kalanggaman Island, and the caving I did in Catbalogan, Samar. You can google both if you're interested. Catbalogan is the best eco-tourism I've done in my life--which previously was held by the area north of Vang Vieng in Laos. Cost in Catbalogan for a guide varies based on need, time of year, and amount of people going, but it is certainly worth doing if you have wiggle room in your budget. If you are down to 30 a day, then it will be a skip. Kalanggaman is, well, something special. It won't be that way for long. As far as lesser sights that were wonderful, they're too many to list. Again, TripAdvisor.

I prefer the Visayas. Because of this, if one were basing anywhere, I would recommend Cebu. There are ferries to the rest of the Visayas there, and flights to Manila and other parts of the country all around. There are good accommodations at every price range, and there's enough things to do when you're stuck back there to transit on to the next site.

-

For the people that want to fuck locals--go to Thailand. This is a Catholic country. Even if a girl is interested, the likelihood she will fuck you after a night is almost nil. Places where foreigners spend time, however, are swarmed with girls who are looking for someone like you. Of course, being young and attractive--and speaking the language--changes this. But even then, those guys end up with the girls who make their living off of foreigners. I saw it with a couple of the guys I traveled around with for a bit.

-

Food in country is not my taste, but it doesn't matter. There's fish all over if you're willing to look, chicken, rice, and other things which makes it a non-issue.

-
Don't go to El Nido. And comment too long.
>>
>>1097587
The visayas are a total shithole literally 5th world with the shittiest people you can imagine
>>
File: MySides.jpg (43 KB, 433x378) Image search: [Google]
MySides.jpg
43 KB, 433x378
>>1097729
mfw one of the Visaya islands is named "Oriental Negros"
>>
File: AverageScubaDay.jpg (11 KB, 236x177) Image search: [Google]
AverageScubaDay.jpg
11 KB, 236x177
Has anyone gone scuba diving in the Philippines recently? Where's the best place for an experienced scuba diver and a diver in training to go and both have good dives? Is there a place that's kind of a quiet beach scene that also has diving courses, similar to Dahab in Egypt?

I'm trying to find a place where it's possible to walk from your accommodation to the dive center, go out for a couple dives during the day, come back and get a fresh seafood dinner on the beach all for under $100 per day.
>>
File: koh phangan dawn.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
koh phangan dawn.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>1097570
Alrighty, here's that elaboration as to why I generally prefer to go it alone in SEA.

For me SEA is all about escaping; it's about as far away from the first world as it gets, literally and figuratively.

I like to meet new people, not bring along a piece of my day to day life. I don't like being slowed down or missing out on an opportunity because someone I'm with isn't feeling it.

The other thing is, I hook up with women abroad. Like a lot. I've gone about it all sorts of ways. Once I banged a different girl every day for 31 days just to see if I could do it. Nowadays I like to pipeline a few sure things in advance, then do a few bar/beach/mall pick ups, sometimes I do that for the whole vacation, and sometimes after a week or so of hooking up I like to settle on a girl and take her as my "tour guide" for the rest of my trip.

My point is this: wingmen aren't really needed in the Philippines and in fact can kind of get in the way/mess things up for you; it's for this reason above all else I'm very picky with who I will take on a SEA expedition with me. They have to be socially adept, at least decent looking (not better looking than me though), not a buzzkill, and above all else they need to not be into drugs.

Why? Because in my experience people who are into drugs can't wrap their head around "seriously, just give pot a break for a few weeks, you're in paradise and it's not worth risking spending the rest of your life in a third world gulag." YMMV

>>1097578
This is actually fair. I wouldn't say El Nido is ruined, but this anon is right in that it's definitely going to shit, I'd go there some time in the next two years or just say to hell with it.

>>1097587
Actually some quality advice. /trv/ likes to shit on Cebu, but it's got some god tier night life and whale sharks.

>>1097738
Hehehehehehehehe
>>
File: Krbi.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Krbi.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>1097773
And because I know someone is going to ask "anon, where are the best destinations for hooking up?"

>Ease of hooking up
Philippines, followed closely by Thailand and Indonesia.

>Quality of women
Romania, Czech Republic, Sweden, Iceland, Brazil, Japan

Not to say SEAsian girls aren't quality (some of them are very, very beautiful) but Romanian and Czech girls are easily the most beautiful women on the planet; a Romanian 10 is quite simply, stunning; like "you will be psychologically incapable of pulling out" stunning. The thing all the places on my second list have in common? You need game and/or to get over a language barrier to pull, whereas SEAsia is more or less easy mode.
>>
>>1097195
$1500 will last you around 7 places for 5-6 days each. I travel to different islands a lot as a hobby. I book everything a year ahead to get super cheap prices. As an autistic engineering fag, I use math magic shit to analyze when to buy tickets or book hotels for a specific date. I have created an accurate system that ive been using for 3 years now. $15 plane tickets, $10 hotels, etc. In getting girls, you can buy $100 escorts that look good or $50 disgusting hookers. They will come to you so you don't have to make effort in finding them. But if you want non working girls, you can exploit poor girls/ students starting with small talk. But with middle class or rich girls, same rules from your country apply (good looks, car, money, etc.). I just make friends with rich looking college dudes, play dota or basketball, buy them a few rounds and ask them to hit me up with their slutty classmates.
>>
>>1097195
>>1097796
Also, Jan and feb ate fun months to travel. 3rd weekend of January you should be in Cebu. This is when Sinulog will be. Biggest festival in the country. Lots of drunk chicks, free food on every house, etc. 4th weekend of January is dinagyang festival in Iloilo. Same shit but mini version. It's the 3rd biggest festival in the country. You should be there since you're going to boracay anyway (iloilo is a jump off point to boracay). If you want a party beach, go to boracay. But if you want a peaceful place, go to guimaras or Ilsa de higantes. Note that these are Iloilo beaches only. A lot more wonderful beaches in other places too. February has Valentine's day so expect fully booked hotels, easy club hookups and lots of fucking. Also, Chinese new year is in Feb too. Lots of festivities in chinatowns.
>>
>>1097757
That's Bohol. Bohol's Panglao island is best for divers. Personally, I love Palawan dive sites the most since I fucking love sea creatures and fishes and Palawan is like top 5 or top 6 most diverse in the world. But diving there is expensive. Bohol fits your 'best diving spot for $100 a day' description. t. I currently live in Bohol
>>
>>1097406
Also, never mentioned that you're Turk or Muslim. The Philippines is one of the most racist countries and absolutely hate Muslims (unless you're going to Muslim Mindanao). Just say you're Italian or French or some shit and you will be surrounded with sluts.
>>
>>1097804

Well, I've been to Malta and the people there say that I speak English and look like Western Europian. People often thought that I was from Poland, Germany, Belgium etc.

I won't be running around, yelling that im a Turkish Muslim dude but nevertheless, I'm not going to deny my identity over some pussy. I'm no racist and don't care if someone is going to think of me differently cuz of my nationality. If they do, they aren't worth my company anyways.

Thanks for the tip anyways tho.
>>
>>1097794
>Indonesia
I was curious about going there since I've never been, but is it safe there? I read shit is going downhill and they've had some recent terrorist attacks.
>>
>>1097773
>>1097794
Thanks, I'm the guy from yesterday.

The response was much more sex orientated than I expected, although elements of it I can agree with regardless of the sex thing.

I have been to the Philippines, but as a part of a big group (including people in relationships, Muslims, a Christian and a gay guy) so a lot of it was spent planning what we were going to do. Nobody was stubborn. The Muslims didn't worry about being Halal and chose to eat Vegetarian instead of being awkward for us. That said, there was still the fact that travelling in a big group was very cumbersome.
>>
>>1097802
How expensive is Palawan per day usually?
(accommodation, food, 2-3 dives)
>>
File: images (14).jpg (15 KB, 255x386) Image search: [Google]
images (14).jpg
15 KB, 255x386
>>1096825
Pretty much anywhere.
For australia we are allowed 2.4 litres. So 3 bottles. The usual carry on rules (100ml) apply for planes so it will have to go check in luggage.
But its a seriously good drop. When wver i go over i grab as many as i can.
The Emprodor Brandy is fantastic as well (also super fucking cheap).
>>
tagaytay
>>
>>1097948
$200 per day on local rates, food and accommodation are cheap, boat and dives fees are expensive. But then again, I'm Filipino so I can haggle for friendly rates. They charge foreigners at least double.
>>
>>1098204
I can attest to this as a Brit. I was offered a boat trip for what I considered a decent price. I was staying with a local and I asked her if she could get the same thing for a lower price. They were asking me for triple what they asked her. This was on Boracay though.
>>
>>1098204
After some research, I think it's possible to do Boracay for under $100 per day, or close to it.

I found some guesthouses that are $10 per night, a dive center nearby that offers $35 dives with rentals and everything, and the food seems relatively cheap based on the menus I've been seeing online.

I'm pretty good at haggling. In India I routinely got prices down to about half or a third of the initial offer.

I can see why it might end up being $200 per day if you include partying at night and maybe some paid lady affection. I'm going with a buddy from Japan who is really into that shit. Pretty much the only reason he wants to go is to colonize SEA with his Japanese dick juices. So for him it might be $200/day.
>>
>>1098297
>>1098204

Cant one enjoy Boracay without diving?

Beaches are free. Night life is cheap if you dont get drunk, accomodation is like 10-15$ as you said and let food be 20$ tops.
>>
>>1098309
>Cant one enjoy Boracay without diving?
Easily.

There's so much to do it isn't even funny.
>>
>>1098414

Man I am su fucking much hyped about this! At first I was kinda hesitant because we were planning a trip to Ukraine (Which is dirt cheap cuz its not in Euro zone and cheapest international flights from our country Turkey for 70$ both ways).

Friends prob wont have enough budget for philippines for the next winter but after my research, I dont give a fuck. I gotta go there! Already started saving money. Gonna be savin 100$ a month, hopefully parents will complete it to 2k $ by January. Its gonna be epic! Depending on the financial status, I might even extend the trip to 2 months!
>>
>>1095674
Underrated post
>>
>>1098436
You're going to have a great time, Borat.
>>
>>1098309
yeah.... but I like diving...

I don't live in a place where diving is fun, so I can only do it when I'm traveling and dammit I wanna dive in the Philippines for $35 a pop.
>>
>>1098436
Ukraine is also a badass country to visit, especially the non-war half. Kiev is so much fun.
>>
>>1098524

Well I'd love to go there as well but I've always wanted to been to a tropical country with beautiful wallpaper-good beaches.

My friends say Ukrainian girls are hot and pussy is ez etc etc. I dont care. I want to go to the beach, lay down, have a sip on my smoothie and enjoy my time and the beautiful weather.
>>
>>1095672
Avoid Cebu it's a shithole very dangerous too the people there are hotheads.

If you want an adventure island hopping vacatio with meg tier accommodation go
To Palawan.

If you don't mind crowdes go to boracay they have excellent accommodations.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160403-095630.png (2 MB, 2160x3840) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160403-095630.png
2 MB, 2160x3840
They're goes the neighborhood pic related
>>
>>1098614
Cebu pacific were fucking dogshit when I was there.
>>
>>1098615
That's not the point here
>>
>>1098626
I apologise. What is the point? Is there an existing tension between them?
>>
>>1098614
>TFW when going to Russia after the Philippines
Works for me.
>>
>>1098630
I think he's saying Russian tourists are even worse than Australians or Chinese.
>>
>>1098632
I can't believe that... Not saying you're wrong, but I cannot believe there are worse tourists than the Chinese.
>>
>>1098635
>Mfw live next to Niagara Falls, can confirm Chinese are the worst
That said, I'm not looking forward to dealing with Ruskies in the PHI.

Australians aren't so bad, especially if you want drinking buddies. I actually have an Aussie to thank for seeing me through the 13 and still standing challenge at Cocomanga's. Kind of have to man up and finish it when someone keeps calling you a cunt and cheering you on.
>>
File: 1434086951649.gif (954 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1434086951649.gif
954 KB, 320x240
>>1098696
Sorry. Forgot my face.

Seriously though the Chinese are on a whole different level of rude.

What are Russians like? Haven't run into many abroad and I don't know that I'll ever make my way to the country itself.
>>
>>1098632
Yep that's what I am saying. I dunno if they are worse but they are up there with them at least the Chinese I dunno anything about the Aussies
>>
File: nopea kaiji.jpg (46 KB, 640x429) Image search: [Google]
nopea kaiji.jpg
46 KB, 640x429
I came back from PH bout three weeks ago. Be ready to get accosted every five minutes in touristic areas and elsewhere.

Also pinays were not so easy as I thought, or maybe they like older men better. They also play incredible waiting/mindgames and testing you! Watch out for trannies too.
>>
Guys apparently I wont have any financial support from my family. How much would 1.5 month trip cost me between Jan 10-Feb 25? Without the international flights.

Im thinking of renting somewhat decent (At least not trashy) private rooms, eating mostly street foods but experiencing good dishes as well from time to time, not thinking of paying hundreds of dollars for boat trips or guides or surf classes etc. Swimming on the Boracay beaches or any other tropical exotic beautiful beaches, having fun partying (Not a huge drinker here, 2 beers tops), exploring the cities, beaches etc, picking up chicks, socializing, meeting new people are what I have on my mind.

How much $ would be enough? I want my trip to be at least somewhat comfy. If it doesnt match up my saving calculations, Imma work for couple months in the summer (I'm a College student)
>>
>>1098706

Hard to say dude.. I spent about 2,5k in € on my month in PH, including 4 flights and 2 ferry tickets.

I think you can save a lot by finding a budget place on Airbnb or Flipcard and staying for long time in a location you really like.

Girls can get expensive though if you're not really careful. A lot of the times I felt it was cheaper to just get a bargirl/freelancer than doing the dating route, but yeah nothing's for free.
>>
>>1098715

Ah no, I just approach and pick up girls. Dont wanna pay for girls :) I can pay for their coffee tho
>>
>>1098730
Enjoy your celibacy
>>
>>1098705
What do you mean by acosted?
And how prominent were the trannies?
Where were you?
>>
>>1098706
Budget hotels or hostels = max $20/day for air-conditioned rooms, some offer discounts for longers stay. Tourist food, restaurants = $20/day, 3 meals. Alternatively, local food, ask the locals what they eat = $10/day, 3 meals. So you can love comfortably for 1.5 months with $1300 without the dives. Cheap dives = $35/day. Expensive dives (national geographic tier) up to $100/day. Boat rides to islands or dive sites $30-$50/boat depending on distance and number people splitting the boat. Take note that these rates for hotel, food and dives are more or less the same for boracay, Palawan or Bohol. Although Palawan has the more expensive dive sites.
>>
Do I want to be laid over in Seoul or Taipei? I'm unfamiliar with both airports.
>>
>>1098880
Not him, but accosted by poor people wanting money. They may offer a service like a boat ride, jet ski or hand job, but they still want money. Some may follow you. Be polite but firm regardless.

Trannies are far less frequent in the Philippines because it's much more frowned upon there.
>>
Anything I should pack that wouldn't be immediately obvious?

What kind of clothes should I pack? Should I bring a pair of jeans? At this point I'm thinking five pairs of shorts, one pair of hiking paints with detachable legs.
>>
>>1098632
I would rather have Russians than Chinese.

The Russians are fucking awful, but they're generally smaller in number and usually have their own segregated part of whatever tourist area they infect so they don't bother other people.
>>
>>1098697
>What are Russians like? Haven't run into many abroad and I don't know that I'll ever make my way to the country itself.

First off, domestic Russians are way different than tourist Russians. Tourist Russians are really only shit because of Russian men who are basically Jersey Shore guidos, but not total pussies. They are cheap and love to fight people. If you don't want to get in a fight with strangers on your vacation, they think that means you're a pussy and they're king dick of the beach.

Good thing is they end up killing themselves doing stupid shit like scuba diving while drunk and seeing how deep they can go without any training.
>>
>>1098886
Where would you recommend I look for these "National Geographic tier" dives? $100/day sounds pretty good for great diving.
>>
>>1098918
I don't know about Seoul, but Taipei isn't bad. Pretty easy to navigate and good selection of Taiwanese food to eat.
>>
>>1098922
That happens in almost any 3rd world country with a vibrant tourist scene.

People who have visited Thailand or India would be familiar with it.
>>
>>1098918
Dunno about Taipei but Seul airport is known as one of top layover airports in world. But I wouldn't fly therale on Asiana or Korean Air. Their pilot training is shit hence shit pilots who will crash plane. The only reason they don't is thanks to how automated and computerized flying has become. When automation fails you get Asiana in San Francisco. Don't believe me read some of the pilot forums out there.
>>
>>1099060
>khao San during the day
Holy fucking nightmare never again.
>>
File: 1447577597970.jpg (159 KB, 454x1513) Image search: [Google]
1447577597970.jpg
159 KB, 454x1513
>>1095674
100% on target with this post.
>>
>>1099055
What is so bad about the Chinese? I've never ran into them before, and ya'll are making me kinda scared.

>>1099058
Also interested, preferably outside Palawan since I'm quickly losing interest in El Nido and I don't know that the underground river alone is worth the trip.

>>1099060
>India
I've never understood the appeal.

>>1099092
How is Philippine Airlines?
>>
File: IndiaBruh.jpg (3 MB, 5120x2880) Image search: [Google]
IndiaBruh.jpg
3 MB, 5120x2880
>>1099225
>What is so bad about the Chinese?

Imagine locusts, but they're people, and they spit.

>India
>I've never understood the appeal.

I was like you once, I didn't get it. It seemed like a dusty dirty shit hole. Then, I went. The first day seemed to confirm my suspicions because I was in New Delhi, which is a dusty, dirty, smoggy shit hole of a city. Then I found everything else. It's by far the most culturally diverse country I've visited. People in the north are basically Tibetan, people in the south are so black they're almost blue, people in the east look southeast Asian, people in the west look Pakistani, some places worship cows, some places eat them, some places are weird other religions altogether where they sing to water and shit like that, some places are Buddhist, some are Christian, some are Muslim, some are Zoroastrian, some are even Jewish. It's got dune covered deserts, rainforests, mangrove marshes, Himalayas, perfect beaches, misty Colonial tea plantations, high cold deserts, urban sprawl, posh art districts, slums, some French culture, some English culture, some Portuguese culture, some Chinese culture, some Persian culture, even some Roman culture down by the fishing villages around Mumbai.

I could go on and on, but India is like a whole new universe of traveling. I could spend 10 years just traveling around India and I still don't think I could formulate a clear, comprehensive description of the country and it's culture for you.
>>
>>1099230
>Imagine locusts, but they're people, and they spit
Jesus Christ, how horrifying.

Could you elaborate? Maybe share some horror stories?
>>
>>1099225
Philippine airlines is...basic.

I flew from London to Manila and they come round with tablets for entertainment with varying degrees of battery. If it runs out, that's it. Food was no better or worse than BA. But they did run out of certain things before they got to the back. Staff were very pleasant...mostly.
>>
>>1099236
https://youtu.be/qBCLXZmMQNs

They're what Americans might call "hood rich". Thanks to the Chinese economy growing they end up with money to travel, but no etiquette at all. Imagine a bunch of ghetto types from America getting rich and going to a fancy restaurant.
>>
>>1099237
Basic is fine. But their safety record is up to snuff?

>>1099238
Holy shit. I understand perfectly.
>>
>>1099243
Their safety record is good I say better than Korean Air or Asiana. And their goal is try to compete with all the other Asian carriers and become a 5 star airline.
>>
>>1099225
Ye underground river is over rated and boring. I went on a tour they take you on there its dark they have flash lights. They just point at certain rock formations while some kinda birds or bats fly over head. Then once they reach a certain point in the river they turn around and take you back out.
>>
>>1099372
Second. You spend half of the time waiting around wearing a life vest just waiting for a boat to go in the caves.
>>
>>1099237
This kind of reminds me of when I flew Russian Transaero except the crew was also rude. The plane they had had older seats that were way more comfortable than the new slim ones that everyone has. Also they never reconfigured it from the previous airline I think it was Singapore so it had a premium and regular economy and Transaero never made a distinction between the two so when you booked economy and picked seats that were closer to the front of plane you ended up in seats with lots of legroom for no xtra charge.
>>
>>1099385
>Waiting around wearing a life vest
>In the Philippines
Thanks, anons. I'm gonna go ahead and pass on Palawan.
>>
I went recently, the places I went:
LUZON
Manila: Only spent a few days in there, didn't do much, went to the malls, holy fuck the traffic OH GOD NO NOT THE TRAFFIC
Banaue: Overhyped fairly boring tourist town with loud as fuck motorcycles going past at 5am in the morning
Batad: This is the real rice terraces you want to see. I really regret not staying overnight here. It's not far from Banaue - you can catch a jeepney, bus, or motorbike there. It's essentially a town nestled on rice terraces.
Sagada: Comfy little town, hanging coffins kinda interesting, went caving for first time in my life - quite intense but enjoyable. Sagada has nice restaurants, spent a lot of time at a place called Yogurt House.
Buscalan: Village living. Sitting on top of the Jeepney driving along a road on a cliff on the way there was one of my favourite experiences. No connecting road to Buscalan, have to hike over an hour (and I do not like hiking), but it was worth it. Stayed in a guys house I met on the jeepney. Village had no power (due to busted generator) and no reception. One night they had a big feast, drank a lot, ate a lot of meat, had a lot of laughs. Want to go back there.
PALAWAN
Puerto Princesa: Used as a rest and stock-up location. Didn't seem much else to do
Sabang: Fairly uninteresting. The Underground River seems to be the only industry in Sabang, and the river itself isn't that interesting as stated by others in this thread.
Port Barton: Nice little place, only got to spend 1 night here, would've liked longer. Pretty good nightlife and it's right on the beach.
Planned to go up to El Nido but didn't have time. Heard mixed reviews and very touristy. I recommend renting a bike on Palawan. Easy riding.
In terms of transportation, they have buses going most places on Luzon, and a few airlines (Cebu Pacific, Philippine Airlines, others?)
People are friendly. I'm a 6'4 white dude and had no problems. Most speak English but learning a little bit of the language goes a long way
>>
>>1099410
Nice guide, thanks for sharing.

How long was your trip in total and, if you had more time, where would you have explored that you didn't go?
>>
>>1099437

I only spent just over 2 weeks there (too little!)
I shouldn't have bought into the whole "Manila sucks no matter how you look at it" meme, I met another tourist who stayed at a place called "Red Cebuano" or something along those lines and said he saw Manila in a way better light. Plus there was a post earlier on in this thread with good things to do in Manila, rather than just go to the malls (which are just like every other mall in Asia)
I only had a 4 days in Palawan, would've liked to spend more time in Port Barton like said in the post. I also planned to go to Bohol, and the people I met there told me approx 4 million other places in the Philippines to go, but I didn't have time. Philippines is definitely a place I'll head back to one day.
In general advice, I recommend North Luzon. I pretty much spent most of my holiday there due to enjoying it that much. It's not overly touristy, and the people are happy to help you out. So many great sights.
>>
I'm debating staying in Makati or Manila proper, thoughts?
>>
Another good area to stay in in Manila is Fort Bonifacio Global City
>>
>>1096788
>People from England, Scotland, Wales, australia,USA, Canada, India, Nigeria, etc all have wildly different variations of speaking English, but Phillipines must speak "proper" english
>>
>>1100430
Plus they learnt it from Americans, who don't speak it properly anyway...

I'm from England and the regional variations are unreal. I am from a county where we make three syllable words two and one syllable words two syllable words. Add to that the expressions, speed, intonation and to expect an Asian country colonised by the Spanish and Americans to speak English perfectly is absurd.

When I was there I thought it was nice.
>>
>>1099637
Makati. If you're white, you'll feel/be safer there.
>>
>>1100441
Why?

Also I thought Manila was a safe city in general.
>>
>>1100434
>Plus they learnt it from Americans, who don't speak it properly anyway...

>implying the English speak it properly these days

At least we don't say "innit" and "bruv" and "yualrimae?"
>>
>>1100783
I know, I was joking.

I proceeded to talk about how my home county butchers the language.
>>
>>1095672
Any city in the Philippines is crap, spend the smallest amount of time possible in them
>>
>>1101070
>Any city in the Philippines is crap
Not if you're into the night life and easy women.
>>
>>1099148

Bit much, innit.
>>
>>1099060

Yeah, on arriving back in the UK after a trip to Thailand, I noticed 3 things:

- suddenly it was freezing cold
- suddenly there were no taxis and tuk tuks offering me a ride in every street
- suddenly nobody was trying to have sex with me

it was kind of a relief, to be honest (except for the cold bit)
>>
I make 50k a year and am a pathetic 30 year old virgin.

What are the odds of me finding a cute 9/10 virgin girl that will come back to America and be my wife and not leave me after three years?
>>
>>1101938
Maybe zero mate.
>pathetic
>30 year old virgin
>9/10 woman
>not leaving after the marriage is legal and the visa is approved
>>
>>1101942
Great, thanks for the response.
>>
>>1101938
Poor, but at least it takes five years, not three, to get citizenship.
>>
File: boracay.jpg (240 KB, 960x456) Image search: [Google]
boracay.jpg
240 KB, 960x456
Stuff to do in Boracay? Will be there end of January/early February.

I'm already planning on doing the challenge at Cocomangas and doing the Boracay pub crawl.

What are some other stand out bars?

What's some awesome stuff to do that doesn't (necessarily) involve getting drunk?
>>
>>1096793
How would I get into this? Heading over in September for two months, but would love to stay on if I had work.
>>
>>1102043
>Cocomangas

Thanks for the heads up anon, I'm in Boracay in October, and always looking to expand upon my free t-shirt collection
>>
>>1100727
Well, if you stay in the more developed/touristy areas you should be fine. Makati is more developed, same with parts of Taguig (BGC). Ask of them have slum areas that your should avoid. I just find that Manila city, has more underdeveloped areas that I wouldn't feel comfortable in (despite being a local).
>>
>>1102178
Any recommendations on cheap accommodation near Cubao? Most times I'm in Manila, I'm in Taguig or Eastwood, but I'm planning to bus around the country a bit more, but still want a place to be based and keep all my shit. Looking at around 8 weeks.
>>
What's there to do in Angeles City?
>>
Sorry if this has been asked already but where's a good place to get my diver's license in the Philippines?
>>
>>1101938
You have to grade them on a scale, you can easily get an average girl in her low twenties, compared to your choices here which would probably be late twenties(or older), divorced with a kid(or three), and husky(or fucking huge).

Also I may be wrong, and there are circumstances that can change this, but I believe it's seven years before she gets citizenship. Either way get a good strong prenup, and if she leaves, so be it, go get a new one.
>>
>>1102846
Whores. You do whores in there.
>>
>>1102180
I used to live in Cubao. But in an apartment with my cousins. Paid about 15-17k a month. But with hostels/hotels and stuff, I'm not really sure. Cubao can be a bit dodgy at night, but you should really check out Today X Future there, Cubao Expo, and BoHo Sarapsody. Look for the owner Katt at BoHo and befriend her. She might be able to help you out, she's real nice.

272 Ermin Garcia St, Quezon City
>>
What is this "safer" meme? Are you legitimately going to be overpowered by 1, 2 or 3 jungle monkeys on your back? You are likely to be taller, heavier and healthier than 99% of the population. Why aren't you lifting and learning boxing then?

Also thoughts and stories on fighting Filipino males.
>>
>>1102893
Other than whores?

>Paying to get laid as a /fit/, white, blue eyed, American male in the Philippines
>TopKek

>>1102915
Yeah but here's there thing.

>1. There's usually more than three of them, and they're usually armed.

>2. It's not like it is in the states or UK where two dudes have a beef, flex nuts "yeah bro you wanna go!?!?!?!?" and then they may or may not fight, then they get broken up, and that's that. Filipinos hold grudges.

I've gotten into a fight with a Filipino and his m8 once, I ran into them in Oslob with his girl on my arm. Shit got awkward, shit got violent, I laid them both out and walked away... and then I got the hell out of Cebu for awhile.

Don't go starting shit in the Philippines.
>>
>>1102167
That challenge is legit. Have a wingman on standby to get you back to your room and you know, make sure you don't die.
>>
>>1095672
>Where in Mindanao is safe for an Amerifag

Don't push your god damn luck especially when your asking on a Filipino Knitting website.

Mindanao is relatively safe but just don't.

Palawan is great. Beautiful and quiet.

Iloilo has great food but overall a quiet little provincial city.

Boracay is beautiful but too many tourist, still fun though. Prepared to encounter peddlers every 5 secs on the beach.

Cebu has really nice beaches. Small quiet resorts. Check this guy's videos if you want info.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86oYudYxbG8

Manila is awful. Don't stay there too long. Mostly shopping, food sucks. If you want drugs and hookers though, it's all there in the clubs.
>>
>>1101938
>What are the odds of me finding a cute 9/10 virgin girl that will come back to America and be my wife and not leave me after three years?

None. All the 9/10 are taken by the rich local guys and are part of their harem.

Settle for a 6/10.

The bitches in Manila are hot especially the mixed breeds. You might get lucky.
>>
>>1103323
Thankfully my girlfriend isn't much of a drinker, and I've had to carry her ass home. She's gonna learn how much of a bitch role reversal is.
>>
>>1102915
Cities like Cebu/Angeles are mostly likely filled with scammers and pickpockets.
Than the resort tourist ones
>>
>>1103350
Sex tourism in manila is awkward they are very judgemental and they will stare at you and they will try their best to get money off of you the most. Plus those police raids is not worth the time in jail or bail,, bribing is extremely by chance

Rural cities like Iloilo, Cebu and Angeles, puerto princessa are still the best the crowd doesn't seem to mind at all
>>
>>1103348
What about spiral buffet?
>>
>>1103348
resorts like those are usually overpriced and a rip off
its only good for if you want exclusivity
>>
File: hammertime.gif (2 MB, 370x253) Image search: [Google]
hammertime.gif
2 MB, 370x253
All the cheapest flights have me doing a layover in Dubai.

Very leery about that part of the world. Should I be concerned? How is Dubai as a layover airport?
>>
>>1103524
What's that?
>>
>>1103849
You mean the place that's safer than just about every major city in Western Europe?

If you're that scared and ignorant then you shouldn't be going anywhere, anon.

Dubai is fine as a layover airport, if you're flying Emirates and your layover is more than 8 hours you can register for a free hotel room to sleep. They will wake you when you need to go back to the airport for your next flight.
>>
>>1104855
And then there are things like this
http://nypost.com/2016/04/11/american-woman-held-in-dubai-for-refusing-to-talk-to-men-at-airport/
>>
It's funny reading so much shit in this thread that is exactly counter to my own experiences.
>>
>>1105202
That's different than what you were suggesting. That's not street crime or terrorism, that's just being an idiot and insulting an authoritarian country while in that country out loud in public in an area with lots of government workers to hear you.

If you're also a retard, then by all means avoid Dubai, but if you have the smallest morsel of common sense and awareness then you'll be fine.
>>
>>1105287
This.

A lot of westerners, women especially, aren't used to being accountable for their actions, let alone words.
>>
>>1105287
>insulting an authoritarian country while in that country out loud in public in an area with lots of government workers to hear you.

Except thats not at all what happened. I don't know why people love flapping their dicksucker even when they don't know what they are talking about.

>>1105443
Staying quiet and minding your business is way more then you can normally expect from women. Not being chatty and flirting up sandniggers is the right thing for women to do; but, hey UAE
>>
>>1105229
Why don't you share your experiences?
>>
>>1103507
Not Cebu, there's really very little tourism there. Everyone stays for a night then goes to the islands nearby.

>>1101938
It's not quite as easy as people make it seem, unless you're going for a poor girl, who won't be able to speak English very well. If you're a little attractive and put in a little effort you can get with middle/upper class girls without a problem, but you do still have to work at it a little. Just not as much as anywhere else in the world.
>>
>>1101070
>>1101479
If you're into the women the cities are the only place to be in the Philippines. It's a fairly conservative/religious country so you need to go to the liberal bastions (cities) to readily find casual sex. And the girls in cities are 100x hotter too, the average girl in the Philippines is not very cute IMO so it matters.
>>
If you guys have a week free in Palawan, I would very very highly suggest doing the Tao Philippines trip. You need to book it a couple months ahead of time in high season and it's a little expensive ($500 for the week all inclusive) but 100% worth it. In 6 months of traveling around SE Asia it was the favorite thing that I did. Go to a Filipino city, fuck the girls, then go do this trip.
>>
>>1098706
There's actually a decent market for Filipino domestic backpackers, some of the Filipinos write blogs that detail costs and they always do things the cheapest way possible. I'd read through some of those.
>>
>>1105555
Not the tourist but the locals there are
>>
>>1105571
Thank you so much. I had a week in the Philippines I didn't really know what to do with and this looks perfect.
>>
>>1105571
This looks awesome. I want to divide my trip about 50/50 between "off the grid" adventuring and concrete jungle debauchery.

Best cities in the Phil for picking up cuties? I've heard good things about Manila, Cebu, Angeles.
>>
File: hotpinay.jpg (46 KB, 250x433) Image search: [Google]
hotpinay.jpg
46 KB, 250x433
>>1105571
Senpai, if you're still monitoring this thread, do the boats have lockers on board? I don't want my money, passport, or effects stolen, wat do? This is my first trip outside of burgerland or Europe, sorry for my naiveté.

>>1105229
You should share, anon.

>>1103369
If you're a big guy she may not be able to carry you home, and 13 shots is no joke. That would be unfortunate. For you, I mean.
>>
>>1106840
You'll have more date options than time in both Cebu and Manila. Cebu is a far nicer city than Manila so I'd go there. Don't take a girl to Ayala or to Mango - those are whore hangouts, so she'll be pretty nervous about being seen with you there. You'll see it if you walk around the coffee shops in the Ayala terraces during the day- regular girls avoid that area like a plague. Crossroads and IT park are the better options for dates.

Girls will always be very shy about doing anything physical with you around the Philippines but so many are up for whatever. The trick for you is to get them back to your room and overcoming the LMR without making them feel like a slut.
>>
>>1107260
You don't need to worry about it. You'll leave your big bag (with valuables inside) on the boat every night. The captain stays on the boat and watches over everything. For the crew members, this is practically their only decent job opportunity in life, so you can trust them 100%. They're all raised in Palawan and awesome people.
>>
>>1107280
Not to mention Manila girls at judgemental and exploitive.

Cebu is the best city to get laid and for sex tour, locals there don't mind it all in fact there are welcoming to foreigners than their own people
>>
I did spring break in Palawan, did a tour with a friend (filipina) so went snorkelling, island hopping, zip lining, the underground river (tripped my claustrophobia so that sucked), city tour. I found it much better than my time in Manila, before and after, in transit.

Domestic flights will always be late, by at least 30 minutes.

You have to have print outs of your tickets to get into some airports.
>>
>>1107474
Don't go to Palawan expecting to find girls though. The main tourist areas were just small villages maybe 10yrs ago, so they're full of very conservative, unattractive village girls. Maybe Puerta Princesa is different (never been there myself), but you won't spend that much time there anyway. Bring a girl from Cebu or Manila with you if you want, they all think it's amazing and want to go there.
>>
How many days in Boracay is enough? I was thinking between three and five?
>>
>>1095674
skip this. i went earlier this yr with a filipino friends and got scammed. they'll charge lie about prices and charge you per show. and if you dont pay they'll threaten to call the 'cops' or get physical. not worth it.
>>
>>1107506
Depends on what you want to do really. There's enough to occupy five days, assuming you spend good chunks of it relaxing. Three can still be enough, but will feel a little more rushed.
>>
File: spintriae.jpg (26 KB, 333x173) Image search: [Google]
spintriae.jpg
26 KB, 333x173
>>1096756
then you have not heard the Vietnamese speak English...that is far more painful....

Also the educated/middle class and above Pinoys speak straight up American English better than several Americans I know and virtually everyone north of Hadrian's Wall as well, who the fuck ya'll been hanging with?

picture unrelated.
>>
>>1107556
Sex, party, nature stuff. Five days should be good. Thanks.
>>
>>1106840
Cebu and Angeles, the locals will even encourage you to get one

Too many raids in manila
>>
>>1107896
Have fun. Go now before it turns to shit.
>>
>>1108017
Raids? For what?
>>
>>1105591
Links?
>>
File: Tao.jpg (346 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Tao.jpg
346 KB, 1024x683
Wow, this thread has gotten a lot of traffic. Maybe you guys can help me out.

Going to the Philippines in May of '18.

Flying out Saturday the 13th (arriving Monday the 15th) and returning Sunday the 4th of June.

It will be my first time in the country, and my first time in Asia. One of the country's main draws, for me is it's "gateway to Asia" status; I'm looking to get my feet wet for a two month trip to Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines (again) in Dec17/Jan19.

My reason for traveling is basically women, partying, and soaking up the sun. I'm not sure how I want to spend my three weeks there, other than I know I want to end my trip with four or five days in Boracay.

>Tao Philippines
I checked this out at the above anon's suggestion and it does look really quite spectacular. It's also a huge time sink, nine days minimum.

Can anyone else ITT offer a firsthand account of how good a time (or not) they had with a Tao Philippines excursion?

I'm tempted to spend the majority of my first trip in Cebu and the surrounding islands (Kalanggaman especially) and just save Tao Philippines for when I come back the following year, since I plan on spending pretty much all of January in the Philippines anyway.

Kind of worried about the experience becoming too well known and dropping in quality as a result. Is this a concern? How long have they been in business?

Any input/general advice on how to maximize three weeks in the Philippines would be appreciated.
>>
>>1108378
Sorry. May of 2017 is the first trip, and then I meant Dec18/Jan 19 for the second.

I need sleep.
>>
>>1108075
prostitution or even just for regular bars
>>
>>1108378
dont lurk that much in cebu city its a mess

go to dumagete or bohol
>>
>>1108186
Depends on which places you want to go to.

This one for example is for Gigantes Islands: https://abbychokadventures.wordpress.com/2015/02/28/budget-breakdown-gigantes-island-tour-2015/

Just Google "(x_place) on a budget" or something like that. Local bloggers usually have it covered.
>>
>>1108389
Like they raid regular bars for being regular bars? As an American national do I need to be concerned about false charges being made against me whilst in the Philippines?

I have never and will never pay for sex in my life, but my game is strong and I love hooking up abroad.
>>
Is May too late to enjoy good weather in Philippines?
>>
>>1096756
I get the same vibe from Indians. the upper class Indians have British accents and the lower class Indians sound like stereotypical Apu from the Kwik E Mart
>>
>>1096825
>are the rules for alcohol in luggage
bribe.
shit, they may ask before you bring it up. sometimes luggage screeners plant bullets in your luggage and ask for a bribe or you get jail
>>
>>1109521
Is this a common thing?
>>
>>1109521
What the fuck are talking about bullets in luggage?
>>
>>1109643
>>1109674
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/04/aviation/philippines-airport-bullet-bag-scam-tanim-bala/

probably won't happen to you but don't forget, you're going to corrupt, third world shithole. but hey, look at the pretty beaches!
>>
>>1099150
What is this pic supposed to be/represent?
>>
>>1109675
Surely people don't actually get in trouble over this it it's so widely known. What happens if it happens? Do you just say "lol nah nigga they ain't mine" and tyiu caught them and you're free? How could they extort money from someone who looks like some douchbag backpacker? People wouldn't think it too likely for.bullets to belong to some guy in a Chang beer shirt and cut up shorts. Right?
>>
>>1109821
... Obviously they know they're not actually yours, they're still gonna grind you for cash for it. That's the whole point.

Not sure you've followed through mentally on how corruption actually works. Everyone in corrupt countries knows it happens.
>>
File: godblessmurrica.jpg (70 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
godblessmurrica.jpg
70 KB, 640x960
I plan on wrapping up my trip with a week in Boracay, last week of May.

How likely is it that Habagat/typhoon season is going to shit in my cereal?
>>
>>1107260
>big guy
>For you

done with this post
>>
>>1109675
>>1109821
>>1109823
its Zero tolerance rule

so far the widely publicized incident happens when there's some kind of event ie the pope is coming or the Japanese emperor and also its election year shit flinging propaganda is high

the opposition of our current admin really wants to destroy the reputation of that airpot
>>
>>1110178
What is zero tolerance?
Like they're going to kick someone out of the airport for finding planted things or what?

If that happens, who cares if I'm arriving? They get scammy and I go I'm leaving any faggot move.
>>
>>1110180
usually the victims are those who are departing than arriving
>>
>>1110184
What happens if they're departing? If they don't pay a bribe, what can happen?
>>
>>1110191
there's no bribe you'll get investigated and detained and you will have to pay a fine
>>
I have a good friend who recently started "dating" a girl from the philippines that he met on Tinder or some shit. He flew out there a month later to see her and apparently they are madly in love now. He plans to marry her ASAP. I tried to warn him not to trust her but on a scale of 1-greencard how likely is it that she is just playing him? Is this kind of situation common?

;tldr my friend is retarded and trying to marry a Filipino wat do?
>>
>>1110215
Honestly, it's a toss up, on the one hand lots of them are scammers trying to escape the diaspora of shit they call home, and on the other they can fall in love hard and fast.

There's numerous tells, and without knowing her or having access to their communications I cannot tell you for sure which.

HOWEVER. You said they met on Tinder, and I'm getting the impression they first met in person in your country? If that's the case she likely has other avenues for getting a green card or visa, she could be for real.

As someone who has a lot of experience dating women from SEA my advice is this: give her a chance, but be vigilant.

It's not like she can just marry him and peace out as soon as she's in country; in the states at least getting citizenship takes years.

Your friend sounds like he's happy. Be happy for him.
>>
>>1110215
Isn't tinder for slots to fuck around not serious romance?
>>1110226
No sounds like he went there to see her 4 first time
>>
>>1109675
You heard it here anons, wrap your bags up in plastic if you're landing in Manila. Better safe then sorry.
>>
>>1110226
>>1110215
The likely situation is that she's looking for some sort of foreign husband to GTFO of the Philippines to a better life. It's very common there as practically everyone in the country is trying to get out. I hooked up with several girls there that are actually really good people but would probably say yes to a marriage proposal and stick with it.

The problem is knowing whether she's playing a long con and just plans to divorce him the day she gets her green card. I think you'd need to meet her to know, really.

>>1110431
Not in Asia or really anywhere outside of the west. It's used by girls that like western foreign guys as a way of meeting them. If you tried to talk to Filipino girls and be as direct as you'd be in the US on there you'd get shut down every time.
>>
>>1108378
I'm the guy that mentioned it above. Tao isn't too well known at all - I found it from a random comment on Reddit. Even other people at hostels in El Nido/Coron had idea what it was until I explained it. It is hard for them to scale up the business so they only have a handful of boats running around those islands at any given time. The islanders weren't exactly surprised to see us when we landed near their villages but we were definitely a novelty. Local kids loved coming up and playing with us.

When I was there the people on the boat were mostly longer-term European travelers (4+ weeks) and were mid-late 20s, with some in their late 30s. The crew is 100% people born and raised around Palawan, usually El Nido or Coron. The Tao company basically has their pick of the local kids and they work with the company from the time they're teenagers, going on to crew a boat if their English is good enough. The captains are often old fishing or pirate captains.

They have a shitload of possible remote islands to stay on and adventures to do. The main guide just makes up the itinerary as you go along based on the mood of the group, weather conditions, etc. - every trip is different.

You may want to check on the expected weather conditions for the time you're going, as it's close to monsoon season. I think it would really suck to be there during rainy days. If you email or call the Tao head office they should give you a good assessment of what to expect.
>>
File: UBEC.jpg (10 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
UBEC.jpg
10 KB, 201x251
Cebu fag here! Cebu is not perfect, we have pollution, poverty, families sleeping on the side of the road, garbage, you name it, it's probably true but Cebu is a great place to travel.

Party/drugs/pussy/ladyboy: Mango Ave ( at night) or go up town for the more classy bars and restaurants (I.T park, BTC, City Time Square Mandaue) explore the main city and night and ignore the bullshit.
Cheap shit,fake products: Colon (go there during daylight because less crime/pickpockets, at night drugs,cheap whores and rooms just talk to a local. I prefer to talk to and ask advice from vendors/locals. If they ask for money stop talking and move forward. Bars offer affordable drinks but more crime/pickpockets. Just be careful like a responsible adult and you'll be fine.You can go to the mall. Ayala and SM just to chill, buy shit you need. Eat food or just to cool down from the scorching heat. Business hours in Cebu starts at 9:00 am.

There are a lot of Beaches(sun tanning or diving/snorkling, Springs(hot/cold), Waterfalls, Island Hopping. Just Google search,do lot of research.

If it's your 1st time travelling, don't expect too much because it might disappoint you. Just go with the flow and have fun. Tinder,trip advisor, internet are your best tools so don't forget your phone and keep it safe.

http://www.ceburepublic.com/the-top-most-gorgeous-beaches-in-the-7-popular-islands-of-cebu/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g294261-zff10-Cebu_Island_Visayas-Hotels.html

http://www.guidetocebu.com/what-to-do-in-cebu/nightlife-in-cebu.html
>>
>>1095672
You should try to go to Jolo in the Sulu Archipelago. It's an absolutely beautiful place to explore, especially the jungles and mountain caves.
>>
>>1110568
So many slums too especially in the beach and river side

Naked Slum kids harrasing you everywhere
>>
Literally anything to do in Bohol?
>>
>>1110215
as long as your friend is decent looking and not that much older, I don't think she'll really ditch as soon as she gets green card

most of my mom's cousins ditched their husbands once they got married and had kids.
but they either lived in california/NY and they lead pretty degenerate lifestyles now, so steer clear of liberal hellholes and he should be ok.
>>
>>1111638
Is 35 (male) 19 (female) too much of an age gap?
>>
>>1111663
my white dad and filipino mom are 6 years apart and they've been together for 20+ years
16 years seems like way too much tho, I'd definitely be worried
>>
>>1111663
If the worst thing he has to worry about is that she divorces him after she gets a green card, then who cares?

Most marriages end in divorce, and then he can just pick out a fresh new girl.
>>
>>1111868
>If the worst thing he has to worry about is that she divorces him after she gets a green card, then who cares?

You're being naive, anon. Losing the wife probably will be the least of his problems but it's far from the only problem. What if he has children with the woman? What kind of child support will he have to pay, what visitation rights will he have, what if the ex-wife absconds with the children back to the Philippines, what if she's a whore and either abandons or mistreats the children, etc., etc., etc.? She brings no material assets to the marriage; how many thousands of $ will she take from him in a divorce settlement?
>>
>>1111872
>All that shit
Yeah, but if he's dumb enough to
>Get married
>2016
Then something's going to happen anyway. Enjoy the shit show.
>>
>>1111547
Lots. Stay on Alona beach, rent a scooter and ride up to Chocolate Hills, doing everything along the way. There's lots to do along the way.

Chocolate hills is kind of lame though. It's just some hills that you look at, say "meh", and move on. Riding the scooter up to there is much more fun.
>>
>>1102940
>>Paying to get laid as a /fit/, white, blue eyed, American male in the Philippines
You don't pay to get them, you pay to get them to leave.

>>1110215
>;tldr my friend is retarded and trying to marry a Filipino wat do?
He needs a prenup. Won't protect him from losing seven years in his family trajectory but at least he won't lose half his stuff.

The big problem with this kind of thing is that you lose years out of your life. They're not really wasted but from the point of view of your next relationship and (re-)starting a family, they're not contributing anything and they are years in your prime that you weren't fucking your wife while she's still a nubile hottie who can give birth without medical intervention to survive.

Families are better started when you're 25, not 35. That's the damage.
>>
>>1111872
And yet people get married and divorced every single day.

Yeah, it sucks, but it's the risk for every marriage. Imagine the type of woman that the average 35 year old male normally ends up with. It's pretty shitty. And comes with all the same potential downfalls.

If it makes you feel better the mail order bride situation does have a slightly lower divorce rate

>>1112077
>that you weren't fucking your wife while she's still a nubile hottie
In this case he could just go get another young one.

>better started when you're 25, not 35
Already too late for that, his friend is 35
>>
>>1110165
Most of the typhoons hit further north, so you should be fine.
>>
Any advice on vaccinations I should get and ways to avoid diarrhea?
>>
>>1112607
>Vaccines you absolutely need
Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Hepatitis: Yellow Fever you should have anyway if you travel, as a lot of places require you to have it, and typhoid and hepatitis are essential for traveling in the third world

>Vaccines I *strongly* recommend
Rabies, Japanese Encephalitis: Rabies is a pain in the ass to get treated if you get bit, and I'm paranoid about bats, Japanese Encephalitis is something you're unlikely to encounter unless you go rural, but it's something that has an 80% chance to either kill you very painfully or leave you retarded.

Get inoculated.

>avoid diarrhea
How strong is your stomach? Drink plenty of water the days before your trip (you should be doing this this anyway as temperatures in the 100s aren't unheard of) and while you're there (bottled and/or purified water only once in country)

Another thing you can do is the two weeks or so before you fly, is to eat a wide variety of meals, so that your digestive tract isn't shocked so much by the new stuff you're feeding it.

After that it's just common sense, be selective about where you eat.
>>
>>1112630
>So busy with finals week and stuff forgot to research vaccines
>Flight is tomorrow
Fuck. If I really end up needing to get vaccines, getting them abroad is doable right? I only got some vaccines a couple years ago when stating school, but forgot what they were and know they weren't many.
>>
>>1112954
Yeah. How long will you be traveling? You can totally jump the pond and get them done cheap in Thailand.
>>
>>1113122
Until late August. May and June in Asia.
>>
>>1113134
Then yeah go to Bangkok and got some shots. For all it's faults, Thailand has a very good medical infrastructure.
>>
>>1112630
Agree with the "need" part.

That said, I went without Rabies and Japanese Encephalitis and went rural as fuck. I was fine. And I'm on the NHS and don't have to pay for them. Not saying there's no risk, which I will admit I did take, but nobody in my group had them. We spent a lot of time around poor, emaciated dogs too.

Yes, drink loads of water. The thing about eating a wide variety of meals is true to a point, but I will say that the biggest issue I had was eating at the "wrong" time of day due to the time difference. I work a night shift sometimes and my stomach and shit in the Philippines were exactly like they are when I work nights. You can help it, but you won't solve it.

Random advice about food. They often eat with their hands so a lot of meat will have bones in it. Be careful. I nearly cracked a tooth eating a meal with a fork.
>>
Is it possible to stay on kalanggaman island overnight?
Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.