[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Europe in April
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.png (132 KB, 543x396) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
132 KB, 543x396
I want to go somewhere solo in Europe in April. Things I want:

>outdoorsy activities
>day hikes
>scenery and nature
>preferably mild or warm

Suggestions?
>>
>>1095575
There are like a dozen regions in Europe that fit your bill:

- Italian alps
- Slovenian alps
- French alps
- Pyrenees
- Sierra Nevada in Spain
- Mountains in central Italy
- Balkan mountains (Bosnia via Montenegro to Macedonia)
- Greece (literally half the country is mountains and wilderness)
- Inner regions of Albania
- and more
>>
Pyrenees
>>
>>1095606
Are those areas hike-able in April though? That's my main concern. Afraid it might be too early.
>>
>>1095619
go for the hill-towns in umbria, central italy.
>>
>>1095619
just use some common sense, it's too early to go up north. going high up in the alps is also not recommended. Southern Europe is fine.

also check some weather app and some webcam and you know what to expect
if you want to go absolutely sure go to some Mediterranean island e.g. Majorca or Crete
>>
>>1095606
>>1095619
All the areas I mentioned are in southern Europe. If you avoid the highest mountains hiking in April is gonna be fine.

I forgot to mention Corscia and Sardinia, which are both mountainous and hot.
>>
>>1095619
Skierfag here. The southern alps had one of the worst snow years this season. So I'd assume that they're somewhat hikeable. The higher peaks will most likely be snow covered. Check out the ski resort webcams for some kind of vision on the conditions.

The dolomites have had least snow and are the most beautiful mountains imo in the alps so i'd suggest going there.
>>
I can only speak for Sweden, but we have mild weather right now. The snow is completely gone(anywhere outside the far north) and temperatures are getting mild right now. Expect between 10-15 degrees. Perfect weather to go out in our vast forests. And with allemansrätten, you can camp outside as well without problem.
>>
Thanks for all the replies everyone, much appreciated.
>>
>>1095620
literally came here to post this, go to norcia, stay there, its a bit early but it will still be beautiful and ''hikeable'
>>
>>1095619
what are you afraid of ?
I live in the french Alps and some grandpas & grandmas go hiking every day since early march.

but it depends on your level/liking of hiking though,
>>
I have a suggestion. Why not Bulgaria? It has all the things you requested.
>outdoorsy activities - We have that!
>day hikes -We have that!
>scenery and nature - We have that!
>preferably mild or warm - We have that!
Here's a bonus... Go to Burgas! It's a wonderful place, it even has a beach close to the Black Sea! It's wonderful! For Hiking and other outdoorsy things, go to Sofia! There's the mountains near there! So basically, Bulgaria is the perfect place for you!
>>
Is it cold in estonia?
Planning to go there and maybe more south afterwards
T. finnfag
>>
>>1095575

are you me? literally looking at doing this in the same time. I want to go to n.yurop though because I've been in italy for 2 months now.
>>
>>1098612
Just came back to Finland from Tallinn. It was a few degrees warmer than Helsinki during my stay. Dress like you would in Finland around this time.
>>
>>1098488
Seconded, Bulgaria has very beautiful scenery, and also is incredibly cheap
>>
>>1098488
I'd love to go to bulgaria; it's a shame you're a million km from everything.

>>1098612
what does t. mean? It's impossible to google and is driving me crazy.
>>
>>1098659
"terveisin"
shorthand for "regards" in finnish
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.