[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Backpack and suitcases recommendations? Personally I would like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (434 KB, 1528x1565) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
434 KB, 1528x1565
Backpack and suitcases recommendations?

Personally I would like some sturdy and durable backpacks and suitcases that don't cost me my life. I have a military backpack that seems like it will last many more years but didn't bring it with me to Japan expecting to get another good military one here but seems like the military otakus got all the good deals already.
>>
>>1095164
If you dont care for looks, you can get a us army duffle bag for about 30$. Get the newer version that opens on the side as well as the end. Its sturdy, cheap, and and you can carry it by the handles, with a shoulder strap, or with the backpack straps.
>>
>>1095175
That looks good for camping and as a hand luggage on airplane but seems a little too much for urban environment. Isn't organization an issue on this bag? Also I still don't know where to go for army surplus where I am.
>>
>>1095308
There are some sites you can try for buying milsurp online. And yeah, as someone who has been issue a couple of standard army duffels, they're just a big empty bag with no compartments. They're bigger than the look, and durable as hell, but they're mainly good for getting a large amount of stuff from point A to point B and not needing to get anything out of the bag in between. For what you want, I'd recommend getting a rucksack.
>>
>>1095613
Just to be clear, it doesn't need to be necessarily military gear. I mentioned military stuff because I know those are made to be sturdy and durable but any sturdy and durable one is fine.
>>
>>1095164
If you're willing to spend some money then I recommend a combo of a Goruck GR1 and a Tom Bihn Aeronaut. I have and love both of those bags. But they're obvioulsy stupidly expensive, so on the low cost side you chould check out patagonia MLC and Osprey Porter. I really can't make any recomendations on hard sided suitcases, or even say what's a good price point. For most travelers that don't need to carry more than one set of business clothes (i.e. more than they can wear on the plane) the downsides of hard luggage (take up more space, heavier, harder to take on public transportation) aren't worth it.
>>
If you're planning on visiting a lot of countries with corrupt airport officials (South America and Eastern Europe is the worst) and still need to check in luggage, invest in a hard plastic storage trunk or container.

Anything with a zipper can be opened with a fucking Bic pen, and they're so strong you have an extra line of defense against baggage handlers that aren't so gentle with your stuff.
>>
>>1096998
>>1096998
>If you're planning on visiting a lot of countries with corrupt airport officials (South America and Eastern Europe is the worst)
I happen to be from one of those shitholes. So I'm always subject to this kind of stuff.

You got a point. I know anything with zipper can be opened easily at least with the right lock they can only slip their hand inside without causing damage and making their attempt obvious.

Also since I'm from a corrupt shithole I often bring lots of stuff home as most of the products sold in my country are either shit, overpriced or both and if I order online they will charge more on taxes than the product itself. That's why a big reliable suitcase is important to me. We try to bring lots of stuff while trying to not draw too much attention from the customs officials.

Also I have been on Japan for months and will stay here for some more months and I'm accumulating stuff I get when I find good deals.
>>
>>1095164
Kelty Redwing is the best traveling backpack I've ever had. They're durable as fuck and have so many useful pockets, loops, holders, pouches, etc in them.

They don't look very cool, in my opinion, but they're pure utility for travelers.

Kelty is dogshit at marketing their products, so most people haven't heard of them as opposed to their competitors like Osprey and The North Face, but they are the best.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.