[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Around the World
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: traxxx-polynesien-tahiti-13325.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
traxxx-polynesien-tahiti-13325.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
Hey guys,

I'm overthinking my plans for the trip around the world I'm planning. There are two ways I could go:
1. New Zealand -> Fiji -> Vancouver -> New York -> Reykjavik -> Frankfurt
2. New Zealand -> French-Polynesia -> Lima/Santiago/somewhere in the Amazonas region -> Frankfurt

I'll fly in Mai or June next year and the second option would cost about 1000-1500$ more than the first option. The thing is, I REALLY would like to see either the Andes or Amazonia. Also, I'd rather go to French-Polynesia than Fiji. Which route would you guys recommend for this time of the year? I like hiking, wildlife and landscape photography and adventure holiday in general. Is the second route worth my investments?

Also, world travel thread
>>
Oh I forgot something: my trip ends in September. Therefore I'll have about 4 months to explore
>>
File: 20160226_103359.jpg (193 KB, 1632x464) Image search: [Google]
20160226_103359.jpg
193 KB, 1632x464
>>1092129
>French-Polynesia
You should. It's the tits.
The best places are outside of Noumea, which requires a car or bike, but they're really fuckin good.

Also, are you a Kiwi or is that just the first destination?
>>
>>1092149
Thank you for your reply! I thought about going to the Society Islands, because they are a good connection between NZ and America. Have you been there?

Actually I'm German and no Kiwi. The first half of my trip is already booked, but for the part after New Zealand I'm quite unsure where to go. I could also fly via French-Polynesia instead of Fiji and then do the rest of the first option. That would cost about 700$ more. Should I do it?
>>
File: SAM_2909.jpg (4 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
SAM_2909.jpg
4 MB, 4000x3000
If you're a Deutschlander you can go to Iceland any time for cheap. This is your big chance to see South America.

I assume you're on a working holiday visa like literally every other German under the age of 30?
I did the same thing; went the other direction after I was finished with NZ; did Burma, Sri Lanka, Oman, Morocco, Yurup, then home to Chicago. Feels good stepping off the airplane knowing you've just circumnavigated a planet.
>>
>>1092174
Yes I know, but flying from New York to Germany via Iceland is as cheap as flying directly to Frankfurt. But you're right. The real question is "Fiji and Canada or French-Polynesia and South America?"

Yes I'll be there on the working holiday visa, but I don't plan to work that much. I just want to experience the country without the stress you have as a tourist.

Regardless of New Zealand, atm I think I should do the second option. Which countries should I visit? Are the flights within South America cheap? As I wrote before, to experience the depth and the biodiversity of Amazonia would be very important to me - is Brasilia the best option for this? Also, when I'm already there, I'd like to do a hike in the Andes and maybe visit Machu Picchu? Is Peru safe enough or should I better visit the Chilean Andes? Damn, those are a huge bunch of questions. I hope that some of you can help me out here!

And wow, Burma and Sri Lanka would also be great to visit someday. I'll fly via Nepal and Malaysia to NZ
>>
As a Canadian who has been to Germany I feel as though you would enjoy option two more.
>>
>>1092533
Thank you for your reply. Why do you think so? I actually like the northern (European) countries very much and I think I'd love Canada, too. The thing is that the (financial) possibility to go to Canada in some years might be higher than going to South America
>>
>>1092182
Maybe using WOW airlines it's even cheaper, it leaves from Boston or Washington DC but the price difference is probably still there. Good luck on your trip! https://wowair.com/
>>
>>1092610
Thank you for your advice. I'll keep that in mind, if I book option one
>>
Bamp
>>
Any other advice or tips? Are there some cheap ways to fly from French Polynesia to South America? Some say Easter Island might be the cheapest option, is that right?
>>
>>1094188
You will have to fly to Easter Island and then to Santiago. The only airline that does this is LAN. Sometimes with LAN you have to book a return ticket if you want to get the cheapest price, even if you only plan on flying one way. Just hop on the flight to your destination and don't turn up for the flight back.

At the moment the cheapest one way flight from Tahiti to Easter Island costs $920 while the return flight is $375.

The one way flight from Easter Island to Santiago costs $321 while the return flight is $510.

So your best bet is to book the return flight to Easter Island and the one way flight to Santiago. Which will end up costing $696.

Keep in mind that to get these prices you need to select your country as 'Chile' on the LAN website.
>>
>>1092129
Come to Vancouver, it's nice here
>>
>>1094198
And why should I choose Vancouver when I can go to South America? Please tell me
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.