[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello friendpais, I am traveling to Washington DC next week from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (366 KB, 2200x1238) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
366 KB, 2200x1238
Hello friendpais,
I am traveling to Washington DC next week from the west coast. I arrive Thursday around noon, am booked Friday with work, and have all day Saturday open. What are some things
>to do
>to avoid doing
>also is DC a real sweet tea state
Google searches mostly turn up the regular stuff people do, which is cool, just wanted to see I'd anyone has any more tips
>>
>>1091087
I suggest you check a social calendar, and some top ten lists of stuff to do. Favorite museums include spy and newseum, and the Udvar-Havey air museum if you are close to Dulles. If you haven't done the Smithsonians, they're free, just walk in and beeline to your interests.
Washingtonian magazine is your source for events and exhibits currently in progress. Search through it for restaurant reviews.
http://www.washingtonian.com/
Yelp and other food reviewers are highly used in the region (techie population).

This is a quality steak restaurant mecca since its popular with lawyers and foreign nationals getting wined and dined, as well as unusual ethnic foods (most diverse population in america). Get your pho or bahn mi, your ethiopian, your pub grub, farm to table, burgers, or gourmet southern. Highest per capita income in some zip codes in the country, so lots of things to buy (incl restaurants). There's awesome groceries like Dean & Deluca, great local chains, good coffee (and tea!) houses, and nice high tea choices. I'm sure you'll be offered sweet tea as much as unsweetened as a choice. It's the South, but it's a fit town too. I always dine in Arlington at Ray's Hellburger, every visit, if I do only one thing, that'll be it. I suggest you seek out what is unusual for you at home.
>>
>>1091087
The metro is going to be down all day Wednesday. If they find anything bad the closure will be extended. If you want to use the metro get on their website. It's important.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.