[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long would 2000€ last if I were to live in Serbia and Croatia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 20160121_154124.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160121_154124.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
How long would 2000€ last if I were to live in Serbia and Croatia? I plan on finding work at a hostel through workaway so I don't have to pay for accommodation. Ideally I'd like to spend a month and a half in Serbia and maybe 2 months in Croatia.
>>
>>1090714

If you aren't paying for accommodation, that amount of money would easily last you several months in Belgrade, provided you're moderately conservative with your spending. I haven't been there for nearly two years, but alcohol, food, and club entrances are so cheap they may as well be free. Transportation costs are negligible, given that virtually nobody bothers to pay for tickets on trolleys and trains.

Eastern and northern Croatia are slightly more expensive. 2000 EUR might not take you very far along the coast. I know Dubrovnik, for instance, has a reputation as being a costly place.
>>
>>1090732
What about southern Serbia in a smaller town. I'd like to work in a hostel for free accommodation, but I don't want to stay in Belgrade or novi sad
>>
>>1091043
€2000 will last a LONG time outside of Belgrade. Are you eating out every day, or are you planning to cook? Lots of parties+alcohol or are you more of the staying in with a book kind of guy? Anyhow, I think it'd be possible to get by with €2000 for a year if acco is sorted
>>
>>1091047
Ok so my plans have changed. At this moment I am in galway, Ireland with 1600€ to my name. I'm thinking of flying to Serbia or montinegro and trying to make about 1500€ last as long as possible. I live very simple and basic. I don't eat out however I do drink quite a bit. All in all, the only thing I'll be spending money on is transportation between towns in Serbia/ montinegro, food, alcohol and maybe a bike. I should be able to last 2 months, no?
>>
>>1091053
very very easily
>>
>>1091056
That's such good news to hear. What are the approximate costs of groceries in Serbia? And how reliable are the busses there? Is it easy to go between smaller cities?
>>
>>1091059
I recommend this site: http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Serbia&city=Belgrade&displayCurrency=EUR
>>
Hey man, sorry if it's unrelated but have you been doing the volunteering in hostels while travelling for some time? I'm planning to do that in the future. Do you have any recommendations of particular hostels/places were you had a nice experience?
>>
>>1091123
I've never done it but I know many people who have. Register on either workaway or helpx, and you'll find thousands of hosts. I've always heard good things about volunteering in hostels. Just pick a city or town you'd like to spend some time in and look for hostels on workaway there
>>
Serbia is fairly cheap place. If you are can't find a hostel to work in, studio apartments are around 120 euros per month. That is in center of Novi Sad(can't say about any other cities). One loaf of bread is about 0.5 euros, and if you plan to go out to eat you can get a lot of food for around 2-3 euros. Beer is(in stores) 0.5 eurs -0.5 l bottle. Wine is around 3 euros per bottle. If you are heavy drinker you can find stuff for even less money, but I can't guarantee your health. If you need something else I'm happy to answer.
>>
want to go on the 4th of april to belgrad. Want to visit at least one other city (novi sad? sarajevo?)

there are cheap flights on 8th and on 11th
8th would be pretty short stay right? but 11th i should take one more city i think.... any recommendations?
or are there cheap flights from other citys in the balkans to south west germany/luxemburg/northeast france
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.