[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, I'm travelling to Portland, OR. What are some good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1439161996051.jpg (125 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1439161996051.jpg
125 KB, 800x800
Hey, I'm travelling to Portland, OR. What are some good placea to eat or things worth seeing?
>>
File: heart_problems.jpg (32 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
heart_problems.jpg
32 KB, 604x604
Nothing, don't visit
>>
>>1090455
What's so bad about it?
>>
>>1090422
Pied Cow Coffee house was my go to coffee/chill spot. The staff can be stuck up assholes, but the coffee, ambiance, and food are good.
>>
Oh man, now I'm watching Twin Peaks again.
>>
is it true portland has some of the best strip clubs in the united states?
>>
>>1090539
Not sure about the quality, but I believe it has the most strip clubs per capita
>>
Just eat at the food trucks. There's a lot of them all over the city. Many are clumped together so it's actually easy to find something you'd enjoy eating.
>>
>>1090422
you could go try that voodoo donuts people talk about it. there are a few free walking tours around the city http://secretsofportlandia.com/
>>
>>1090565
agreed. As far as the food scene goes in Portland, food trucks are where its at. Numerous options as far as cuisines go. If you like ice cream, I would totally suggest Salt and Straw.

>>1090557
Voodoo Doughnuts is really nothing special. most people go there for the novelty of eating "Cap'n Crunch" donuts and what not. Kenny & Zuke's Delicatessen is a much better place for breakfast, which is just north of the downtown.

If you like food and alcohol, Portland is pretty cool place to go IMO. Despite the large SJW presence and homeless population, it is very laid back. The people there are less insufferable than depicted in popular culture. The nature and landscapes surrounding Portland are breathtaking too, especially the coast. Indian Beach is a must see.
>>
How much money would i need to buy a place to live in a non-shitty part of portland? I feel like real estate prices have exploded there the last few years, but im just observing from the midwest.

I would love to live there someday but i never want to be a suburbanite and i dont think i will have half a mil for a house.
>>
>>1090824
How far away from Portland is Indian Beach? I was thinking about checking out Canon Beach.

I've had Voodoo Donuts before. Nothing special indeed.
>>
>>1090848
Indian beach is about an hour and a half drive west of the city. Both Indian and Cannon Beach are right next to each other, so hit up both if you have time.

>>1090847
The cost of living has gone up considerably over the years, as a result of young professionals moving in from California and elsewhere in the country. It's still affordable, as far as west coast standards go.
>>
>>1090422
>>1090422
h-h-heyyy you're the vegan from /ck/
are you gonna be there on the 18th? Come eat tacos/see my band play at the Waypost!
Portland has 2 vegan strip clubs, you also might be interested in that.
>>
>>1090857
Just looked at some pictures online and I'm definitely sold on Indian Beach. Anything else worth checking out within an hour or two of the city? As much as I want to eat me way through the city, I also want to see some beautiful nature.

>>1090879
H-hey
No, I'll be there in the summer. What kind of music you play?
>>
>>1090824
Also, any bars/breweries worth going to?
>>
>>1090895
we're a 3 piece and we play post punk with doom, surf, gaze, and pop influences. We played at a bowling alley last night, that was fun.
we're not actually from Portland, we're an hour away in Olympia. We gig in Portland once or twice a month, though.
>>
If you like Soccer, the Timbers were a pretty exciting two hours when I visited last Fall. Buy tickets in advance though, they always sell out.
>>
File: Atop-Indian-Chieftain-Peak-L.jpg (200 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
Atop-Indian-Chieftain-Peak-L.jpg
200 KB, 800x534
>>1090895
The Columbia Gorge is nice.There are tons of nature related things, both east and west of Portland. You could always drive east and see some waterfalls, or visit the Tilamook State Forest. If you like wine, the Willamette Valley is chock full of wineries.

Also, there is no sales tax in Oregon, so what you see on the price tag is what you pay. Very convenient, when dining/drinking out.
>>
>>1090539
Go to Acropolis
>>
Whats a good club to go to downtown?
>>
>>1090422

Place is lame as fuck. Don't bother
>>
>>1092270

Embers. Tons of hot chicks, and they're MAD for it, lad
>>
>>1090896

There are no bars or breweries in Portland, OR. You're thinking of Portland, ME! That's the hot spot where all the cool hip cats go to drink IPAs and do art
>>
I'm staying in an airbnb at two lesbians house next month

How hard is it to get around the city witbout a car though
>>
>>1093866
Not too bad. Public transportation is pretty good there from what I remember
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.