[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Immigrating to Yurop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: csq.png (597 KB, 1935x773) Image search: [Google]
csq.png
597 KB, 1935x773
Hello /trv/ I'm here with the classic "I'm an American who dreams of moving to Europe" thread. I know it will be very hard, but I know for a fact it is possible.
I am 18 years old and a senior in highschool. What decisions can I make that will lead me to living a life abroad?
>>
Finish highschool before you make these kind of decisions (and also post on 4chan)
>>
>>1090267
Well, work on your grades and go to university, it will be a lot easier to move to Europe if you have higher education. You can either move for undergrad or move there after you finish university.
>>
File: IrishPassport.jpg (5 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
IrishPassport.jpg
5 KB, 190x265
Even if you only have one Irish grandparent, then you're entitled to Irish citizenship meaning you can live and work in any EU country.

Yes, that's right - if you're only quarter Irish and have never even set foot in the country you can become a citizen.

Read more: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/irish_citizenship/irish_citizenship_through_birth_or_descent.html
>>
>>1090267
>Go to university/college and go pre-med
>Get straight A's
>Go/complete Med School
>Go live in some poor European country that needs doctors.
>>
>>1090267
be like the mexican and buy a one way ticket there. when you get caught move to a different country because schengen. Or you could just get a holiday work visa like everyone else.
>>
See about any rotary club sponsorships for a foreign exchange student sponsorship. Looked fun as hell. Too bad I was too into the boyfriend to do it.

Lots of colleges have programs where you can go to school abroad too.

Try for those so you can get a feel for living in another country.

Another option is join the Navy and get posted out there.
>>
>>1090300
Hi anon,
Sorry for asking the obvious, but there's really no way to do this if my great-grandparent was Irish is there? That's the closest relation I have
>>
File: irish 22725.jpg (55 KB, 650x353) Image search: [Google]
irish 22725.jpg
55 KB, 650x353
>>1090324
bog trash
>>
>>1090324
great grandparent is the farthest the relation can go, I think you're just barely good.
>>
>>1090324
Check the naturalization requirements (you should be able to find them on an Irish government website somewhere),as Ireland is a lot more generous in its entitlement to citizenship than most countries (although it was tightened up a bit in the 1980s). I *think* if you had a grandparent, or possibly a great-grandparent who was an Irish citizen you *might* be entitled to an Irish passport, which would obviously make things easier in the EU
>>
>>1090339
>>1090340
Cheers anons, I'll try giving the consulate a call to double check when I can
>>
>>1090340 (You)
Ah, I saw the previous post. I think (off the top of my head, as I'm in a similar situation, and looked into it in the past, and found I wasn't eligible) I think as I'd had an Irish great-grandparent, had my grandparent or parent in their line claimed Irish citizenship before 1985, I'd have been eligible; but as they didn't, I'm not. But this is from memory and might be garbled
>>
>>1090343
Yeah I read that somewhere too but thought I'd post here to double check, thank you very much.
Just makes it worse that I miss out by one generation with both the Irish and the Italian citizenship (grandfather was Italian)
>>
>>1090346 meant for >>1090345
>>
>>1090300
My last name is O'Connor but my Irish ancestry immigrated here before the famine so this doesn't help me
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.