[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you do in Hawaii?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot 2016-03-13 14.01.55.png (512 KB, 1160x760) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-03-13 14.01.55.png
512 KB, 1160x760
What did you do in Hawaii?
>>
>>1090266
Got divorced and banged hos
>>
snorkling near kona, waterfalls near hilo, lava fields on the south coast, hiking near waimea, stargazing on saddle road.
>>
>>1090272
thanks anon

keep em coming
>>
Will have a job interview and it ain't in tourism,military, or retail. I am pumped because this will put equal distance between my family and my wife's
>>
>>1090266
My wife and i are looking to move to hawaii in about 2 months from iowa. I want to just ditch everything and go with a little cash. I really have no clue what to do though
>>
I didn't go there
>>
Got arrested for shoplifting.
>>
>>1090503
Stay home haole. - Born and bred Hawaiian.
>>
>>1090503
don't do it anon. your little whitey kids will get the shit kicked out of them at school, everything's super fucking expensive because it has to be shipped in, there are no career opportunities because the only people around are either tourists or poor islanders, and healthcare there is literally 15+ years behind.

hawaii: nice to visit, nice to leave.
>>
>>1090646
Haha brother... You can keep the island the its been. I just want to enjoy the waves and sunrises like you. I also really want to meet people other than racist white farmers.
>>
>>1090648
We have none because im not a fucking idiot. Im not sure what to with me at 22 let alone be in charge of another existence. I understand you and other anons apprehension to have the world swarm over your heritage and consume it like locusts, however, i want to come and work and meet people of different backgrounds entirely. Ill never be hawaiian but i can still learn.
>>
File: 1418070762597.jpg (43 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1418070762597.jpg
43 KB, 399x388
>>1090648
Alright this nigger is half right,
White kids get such a shit end of the stick in school here. Kill the haole day for one. Milk here is 12 dollars a fucking gallon, you wanna be a slave to the 1% and work in the service industry? But I will say we have great healthcare this anon has no idea what he is talking about.
>>1090646
This is me.
I was joking earlier but now I can explain in a more serious tone. Hawaii is becoming so gentrified people that are native to the islands and regular people born and raised here cannot afford to live.

Racist white farmers?
You have not lived until you have experienced Hawaiian racism. Trust me, come for a week then leave. There is nothing here for you. You will always be the nigger, and in this case the haole.
>>
>>1090836
Both those posts you replied to are me. The haole who wants to move there. Im a 22 year old white dude whos married. No kids. I just dont want to wake up when im 40 and be like.... Damn... I wish i went. Plus.. I generally get along with all races/ethnicity. Its all christian small town nonsense here. And fuck this snow and cold. I dont want to come and be bum. I dont want to come and complain and discount the history. I just want the warmest oceans in the states. Plus i dont drink milk... Beer exclusively. Idk... Cool people attract cool people.
>>
>>1090832
>I understand you and other anons apprehension to have the world swarm over your heritage and consume it like locusts
>implying i live in hawaii

did you not get it when i said
>nice to visit, nice to leave
i have family in kona, so i visit periodically, but always glad to go home

>>1090836
>I will say we have great healthcare
compared to what? guatamala? because my wife and i both work in healthcare (nurse and medic/former ed tech) in california and we were both horrified by the care and conditions at hawaiian hospitals.

>>1090853
>I generally get along with all races/ethnicity.
has nothing to do with them getting along with you
>Cool people attract cool people
uh-huh, and faggots attract faggots. and from your responses i get where you lie.
>>
>>1090874
Why is it impossible to have a goddamn conversation without fucking satire and being condescending... But then again you probably assume im 400 pounds and in the basement. Thanks for leaving me with a sour taste in my mouth.
>>
>>1090853
not involved in the argument but
>calling yourself cool
>being cool
pick one. Also you're on 4chan, so the uncool people are even more uncool.
>>
Do they speak English in hawaii?
>>
>>1090503

You'll be fine in Honolulu in terms of treatment. Don't expect to make a ton of deep lasting friendships until you've been here for awhile or lie and say you've been here for years.

Don't live anywhere other than Honolulu and burbs or you will experience racism vs white people.

t. white guy from Iowa
>>
>>1090912
He has a wife anon, so anything he says is probably true.
>>
>>1090925
Why is it so hard to be a white man these days? I don't know about you but I think we need to stand up for ourselves more, this shit is getting unbearable.
>>
>>1090912
i started out giving you reasonable, honest advice. you responded like an asshole. so i treated you like an asshole. if your feelings are hurt i'm sure there's a gentler corner of the internet that will coddle your tender sensitivities.
>>
>>1090929

Hawaii is a different beast compared to fake shit like BLM. Contrary to what the media portrays, racism isn't super fucking rampant in the continental states outside of super homogeneous zones.

But you have to realize Hawaii has only been a state since what.. 1960? There's people still alive who were essentially colonized. Tie that in with island mentality, and you get anti white sentiments.
>>
>>1090935
Fair enough. I did come to an algerian camel image board. Idk. Its hard to find any actual input other than shitty blogs and shitty ads. I just want an extended stay to legitimately experience it. I understand the cost of living is higher... But i was raised to work so you pay for what you get. And what i meant by cool was non autistics/my age group. Ive never lived in a city. Im slightly intimidated my honolulu. I was thinking the big island after acclimating.
>>
>>1090925
Fuck... Combined two posts accidentally. As i said above, idk about Honolulu. Plus itll be so congested with white mom and dad plus 2 monkeys on iphones being douche nozzles. I want to meet some old wise dude. I want to live in a shack. I want to wake up and surf. I want to fish and learn to sail. I feel like the city is catered specifically to only pump and dump of tourists.
>>
>>1090948
kona>hilo for living conditions and acceptance by locals. maybe 30k people, plenty of conveniences (stores, airport, beaches), and better quality of life and higher tourist:local ratio, so they're more tolerant.
>>
>>1090950
Big enough for a decent job market? I cook and work on construction shit. Im torn between the city and some little bum fuck nowhere. I am slightly interested in woofing. I take that back. I am not at all. My wife is keenly interested and therefore i am. Happy wife, happy life.
>>
>>1090954
kona's growing, so for entry stuff yeah. though i imagine the manual labor market's probably pretty flooded-hawaii in general doesn't have the best employment rates. might be good if you time applying at resteraunts right before the start of the busy season.
>woofing.
i know it's all over europe, dunno about hawaii. probably at some coffee farms. and again, kona's best for that.
>>
OP here

More things to do?
>>
>>1090962
Ive found probably 10 craigslist posts for it. Mostly big island. Whats off putting is theyre all faggy hippy vegan one love assholes. Im sorry.. Ill work all day in your garden and fix your shed.. But at the end of the day, i still want a steak and a cigarette. After all of my criteria, youve still maintained kona. Ill look into it. Thanks anon. Youre not too bad
>>
>>1090948
Whats funny is that you did get real advice here if you care to look for it. That hawaianon's animosity roward you is probably what you can expect from about 95% of the hawaiian population there.
>>
>>1091018
Yes.... Go from the lowest rung of the social ladder here to the nigger of there. Fuck it. The price you pay for oceanic paradise.
>>
lol hawaii hate whites and for good reason

what the us did to colonize the pacific islands was truly disgusting, so im happy for OP to go there and get the fucking shit kicked out of him for being a retard
>>
>>1091027
I dont think you realize how miserable it is to be a nigger

This is why people visit hawaii. Just move somewhere better in the states lad
>>
>>1090919
Yep and they have local slang. Want a good example? Get Lilo and Stitch,there local slang because Tia Carrie lived in Hawaii.
>>
File: 1325720995719.jpg (92 KB, 894x868) Image search: [Google]
1325720995719.jpg
92 KB, 894x868
im form colorado and i was also thinking in moving to hawaii
specifically Maui or somewhere away from Honolulu

im not white, im half mexican half japanese
colorado is just fuckignm bland, and people just move here because of the weed situation.

real talk : is there any good sluts in hawaii?
>>
>>1091143
>rips people for moving somewhere based on drug laws
>only concern about a potential new place is the quality of its prostitutes

Lmao
>>
>>1091143
Iowa anon here. Ill meet you in honolulu and have a chan meetup. Haha im pretty excited and intimidated to go there. I keep telling myself that the cost of living isnt going to be a huge deal because im a poor 22 year old and everywhere is expensive. Have a woman anon?
>>
>>1090266
Lived for 6 months
>>
>>1090266
>rented car, drove around Big Island. Stayed in hotel in Kona and Hilo but camped near Captain Cook (Miloli or something?), Volcano, and somewhere else on the east side. I liked Hilo more than Kona. Ate spam onigiri, drank coconut porter. Traded beer for weed with native Hawaiians.
>>
>>1091168
Im assuming you meant lived there for 6 months.

Anon one post above. I want to base on the big island because i want more of a wild, henry thoreau experience. I also considered getting a van or suv and crashing in that for a bit to acclimate and save a bit. And also then im not tied down in a particular place if i decide big island is too sparse or honolulu feels like sardines. My wife is having an autist attack because i do not want have an itenerary for every moment of an adventure that is supposed to just be a good time.
>>
>>1090943
Add in the fact that white people wiped out about 90% of us and I think we have a little more to complain about than black people. They were sold into slavery for a while, but at least their entire race and culture weren't almost wiped off the face of the Earth.
>>
>>1091187
Good luck moving here without a solid plan and a ton of money, I hope you give it up soon.
>>
>>1092291
>tfw a lot of the tour books warn whiteys to beware of locals.
But yeah, definitely a settler-colony situation coupled with continued military occupation.
I saw more signs and flags for independence on the Hilo side of the island.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.