[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Orleans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (808 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
808 KB, 2000x1000
Under 21, Going on solo trip to New Orleans for spring break. Any recommendations?
>>
>>1089391
I think that 4chan should allow you to post the same thread on more than one board. That way your /biz/ input and your /trv/ input will be in the SAME THREAD. So yeas /biz/ and /trv will be in the same thread

Differen't boards, same thread.
>>
I am going to New Orleans this weekend, OP. How about you?
>>
>>1089407
Saturday the 12
>>
>>1089391
You'll be surprised how little of the city actually looks like OP's pic.

It's bizarre developers didn't even take that into consideration.
>>
>>1089411
Neat, dude. Do you got any big plans? I have no clue what to do.
>>
>>1089391
Im in houma, 45 mins south of new orleans. Come visit me mang.
>>
>>1089413
Same here, that's why I asked
>>
>>1089412
That's because OP's pic is in the French Quarter, and they have regulations that are strictly enforced regarding the building facade. The guide of my walking tour took us to a really fancy building and had us guess what was inside. People were guessing restaurants, boutique, post office... turned out to be a parking garage.

For things to do, stroll around the French Quarter and do some window shopping. There's a Museum of Pharmacy that is supposed to be pretty good/humorous; apparently the guide talks about medicine through the ages and why they ended up killing people instead of helping. If you like walking tours then definitely do one for the French Quarter as it is rife with history. The Presbytyre (right next to the cathedral) has a museum for Hurricane Katrina and Mardi Gras which I enjoyed.

Check out the French Market by the river; walk along the riverfront. There's an aquarium you can go to and you can take a ferry for cheap to Algiers (across the river) for $2. People were recommending the ferry just for the view although FYI apparently it breaks down a lot so if you're in a time crunch, you may want to skip it.

Visit City Park; it's very big and nice to just walk around. The Museum of Art located there is OK; not a must-see but a good way to kill 2 hours. The sculpture garden outside is free.

I wouldn't recommend the Garden District unless you like looking at architecture. I did a walking tour and it was cool seeing residences of famous people (Payton and Eli Manning's childhood home, Anne Rice's, Sandra Bullock's, etc). I did the tour at Lafayette Cemetery here and I liked it. The cemetery's are pretty cool.

I didn't go to the National WW2 museum but apparently it's gigantic - there are tanks in there, for example.

Not sure what you can do at night. My biggest issue with NOLA is that there was nothing to do from 6-9p. Everything seems to shut down by 6 so my group was basically in a perpetual state of drunkeness all night.
>>
>>1089558
Forgot to mention that Cafe du Monde (the place everyone recommends you get beignets and cafe au lait) is 24hr. Weather permitting, it's better to go up to the Carry Out window and order your stuff, then sit at one of the tables right outside.
>>
>>1089413
Where are you staying at?
>>
Go to the ww2 museum. You won't regret it.
>>
>>1089694
Outside of New Orleans by a lake.
>>
>>1089391
Piss in an alley, get mugged.
>>
File: neworleansgoodparts.png (447 KB, 761x649) Image search: [Google]
neworleansgoodparts.png
447 KB, 761x649
Nothing worth seeing is outside of this red area.
Seriously, don't leave here. Spend a lot of time in the French quarter then take the St. Charles streetcar down a ways and look at all the pretty houses. Go to the Marigny and Bywater to see hipster shit. Freret street and Magazine street have some of the best restaurants in town. I'd take a stroll down Magazine just to look at all the shops there too. Make sure you get beignets at cafe du monde just to say you did. Croissant d'or is also one of my favorite places in the quarter because of the ambiance. Don't wear Mardi Gras beads and don't spend more than .5 seconds on Bourbon if you aren't getting drunk.
>>
guys help me out, I needs a hostel for tomorrow and cant find anything :(
>>
>>1089976
Couch surfers
>>
>>1089976
i stayed at auberge nola (i think that's what it's called) for a week and it was great. met tons of people, played a game of soccer with the staff and lolenglishlads, and even met up with people i met there a few months later in nyc.

also, general note,
frenchman st >>>> buying a bottle of whiskey at cvs and drinking on the street > bourbon st.
>>
>>1089865
OP don't listen to this guy
>>
>>1090036
which part?
>>
>>1089865
My sister is there with her stepsister. Raining every day.
>>
>>1090240
I'm here right now...It didn't rain today as far as I remember
>>
>>1090243
>It didn't rain today as far as I remember

Sounds like you're having a good time...
>>
>>1090268
No I'm not actually all my friends are at Buku fest and I couldn't get a wristband so I stayed at home all day
>>
>>1090269
Let's go get lit senpai. OP here I'm at India Hostel
>>
>>1090277
OP again, most importantly should I stay here for the week or leave Tuesday night to Atlanta?
>>
>>1090299
I don't know why you'd go to Atlanta for any reason
>>
>>1090387
But back to NOLA. What's the move for today?
>>
>>1090403
Well first off have you had breakfast yet? You're staying by the lake? How close are you to Elysian Fields blvd? What interests you? What food are you in the mood for lunch? Have you gone to the french quarter yet?
>>
Too mich traffic today
>>
File: image.png (730 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
730 KB, 1242x2208
>>1090409
Anyone is welcome to come by hahaha
>>
>>1089989
Op here. I'm 19, but I'm all by myself and I'll be damned if I don't either get shitfaced, high, or my dick wet
>>
>>1090243
Op here again. Maybe I'll fuck her sister
>>
>>1090553
Hope you like gilfs.
>>
>>1090556
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.