[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hostel rules
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 141x106) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 141x106
I'm going to stay in a 5 bed mixed room at a hostel next week. Never done this before.

Any tips/ideas what to do or not to do? E.g. do I go to the toilet to change clothes or not?
>>
Do: procreate
Don't: masturbate
>>
Behave?

Changing clothes? If you're a girl, definitely do it in the room. Boy? I don't care and most would think the same!
>>
Be silent if anyone is trying to sleep.

Make absolutely no mess.

That's basically it.
>>
>>1088953
its a free for all bro, do your thing. i pissed off so amy suckers and rose so much hell back in the day i probably got travelers grumbling out stories about their night sharing a dorm with me in over 40 countries and 20 languages. fuck it, they travel for new experiences dont they? i know i do, and if they want a good nights sleep its not like they cant book a hotel. go wild, you only live once. just check out the local laws and then have a back up hostel or place to sleep in case you get kicked out.

>>1088959
ok mr boring
>>
>>1088953
No one should see you change, geez. I think it would be okay to leave a bed and throw on something quickly, but you don't act like youre in a male dorm if in fact it turns out to be coed at the moment you are there. Be polite and courteous that no one wants to see your junk if it's mixed company.
>>
Some general tips for mix dorms:

1. Sleep in shorts, not just your underwear.
2. If you're changing a tshirt or something do it in the room but if you're going down to your undies or nekkid go to the washroom.
3. After 10pm if you walk into the room and the lights are off don't turn them on, just use your phone to light up your area.
4. Don't start packing everything into plastic bags at 6 in the morning waking everyone up.
5. If you want to stay up for half the night on your laptop go to the common room instead of making the sleeping room bright from your screen.
6. If you know you snore sleep on your side or stomach facing a wall. At least try to minimize it the only way you can.
7. And the most important rule of all: Say hello when you first walk into the room and there are people in there, and say hello to everyone who walks in that you haven't met before.
>>
>>1088989
>>1088993

Middle ground between these two.

Don't be a dick for no reason but don't worry about sleeping in shorts or other weird never-nude shit.

Just act as if you were at a friend's house.
>>
>>1088953
do whatever the fkc you want man

just make sure all your stuff is safe
don't trust anyone
>>
Serious question, is masturbating on your bed under the blanket okay? Masturbating onto a towel.
Also, if you snore or are passed out drunk should you be worried assholes might do what douchebags do to passed out people? Like draw shit on your face or cut your hair. Or does it depend on the people? Any experiences?
>>1089239
>just make sure all your stuff is safe
>don't trust anyone
How would you go about doing that? A safe? kek
>>
>>1089247
C >>1088956
>>
>>1089256
Just stating a statement means nothing.
>>
>>1089247
most hostels have lockers and stuff. Just bring a padlock and throw your stuff in there
>>
Weirdly, I don't really care about people fuggin in the room. I know many hate it. I've done it a couple of times, but if there are other options I'll take those.

>>1089247
Don't masturbate. Everyone can hear it and they're all judging you.

>assholes might do what douchebags do
No, man. This is not a houseparty with 16-year-olds. Or I've never seen it happen, anyway. If you snore, you might get a jolt or two from your more easily annoyed roommates but that's it.

>how would you go about keeping your stuff safe?
Generally there are lockers in most hostels. Bring a padlock. If not, don't be an idiot and leave your laptop charging out in the open while you're off sightseeing. While 99% of people wouldn't steal stuff (not even your aloe vera soapies), every now and then you will lose things.
Oh, don't leave cash lying around. I see that surprisingly often.

>>1088993
Number 4 pisses me off, mang, you have no idea.

Another thing: make sure your sleeping bag is already on your bunk before you barge into the room at 3am.
>>
>>1089257
Do I really need to elaborate why you shouldn't fap in a dormitory you share with strangers?
>>
>>1089263
>Do I really need to elaborate why you shouldn't fap in a dormitory you share with strangers?

>wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg
>>
>>1089259
>they're all judging you.
Don't really care about the judgement but I would be doing it quietly.
>Generally there are lockers in most hostels.
Oh ok than I guess that solves majority of the problems.
>>1089263
But yet sleeping naked is okay? It's not like I'am trying to be a perv or anything. Just doing it quietly and if nobody hears me I don't see the problem.
>>
>>1088993

I agree with 3-7.

I don't really care if people change in a dorm or not. I probably won't prance around in my underwear if it's a co-ed setup or there's a woman in the room, but I don't think most guys are going to give a shit.

Having said that, the biggest reason why I'm starting to avoid dorms and hostels in general is the lack of consideration so many guests seem to have for their fellows. My advice to OP would just be to realize that you're staying in a shared space with strangers. Whether you're staying in a single or an eight-bed setup, there are dozens of people around and it's quite impolite to yell, talk, or otherwise make a racket at two o'clock in the morning.

Fucking sick of drunk people coming around after everyone else has already slept, "whispering" loudly to one another, whatever.
>>
>>1089272
>if nobody hears me

Thry already said everyone will hear you.

Judging by the level of argument you're putting up on this topic, it sounds like youre going to beat off in a room full of people no matter what anyone says to you. Have fun being the disgusting faggot that everyone is grossed out by.
>>
just masturbate in the goddamn bathroom
>>
>>1089247

>1. Sleep in shorts, not just your underwear.
I sleep nude, deal with it.

>4. Don't start packing everything into plastic bags at 6 in the morning waking everyone up.
But I need to pack my shit and get to a train for 7am.

>7. And the most important rule of all
no
>>
>>1089308

meant for;

>>1088993
>>
>>1089308
Pack it the day before then you fucking insufferable cunt
>>
>>1089272
Just do it if you really, really want to. Heck if I care. But prepare yourself for all the looks you'll get the next morning, and becoming "that guy".
>>
Just get yourself off in the shower if you have to. Seems like that would be a no-brainer.

I've never been with people fucking. But if they did, I'd be tempted to flash a light on them to either shame them into stopping, or to watch for jollies.
>>
>>1089308
>But I need to pack my shit
Preparation is key, anon. If you have to wake up that early, ideally the only thing you still need to stuff into your luggage is your sleeping bag. Also because that means you can hit the road earlier. If you really need to start unpacking toiletries or fresh clothes or whatever, take your luggage to the common room and do your grooming there. It'll also be easier there because you can put on the lights.
Also, I've never seen anybody care about dudes walking around in T-shirt and underpants. Once I even saw a girl change bras in an 8-person room, but she was ugly and about 30kg overweight. Not my proudest wank, but hey.
>>
>>1089272
>Just doing it quietly and if nobody hears me I don't see the problem.
that's what i thought about jerking off but apparently that's also an issue
>>
>>1089330
Sleeping bags have been mentioned a few times in this thread. I have never brought a sleeping bag to a hostel in Europe/US. Is this more of an Asia/South America thing to do? I always assumed quite a few hostels banned them because it made bed bugs spread quite quickly.
>>
>>1088953
>Any tips/ideas what to do or not to do?
Basically treat others like you'd want to be treated yourself.

Regarding changing, if you're a guy no-ones really going to care if you change, just turn around I guess. If you're a girl I can understand not wanting to get naked in a mixed dorm.
>>
>>1089325
>Just get yourself off in the shower if you have to.
pls no. the last thing i want is some strangers jizz on my feet.
please do not pull yourself off in the showers.
>>
>>1089247
You're at a hostel man, one of the most if not the easiest place in the world to get laid. You don't need to masturbate.
>>
>>1089463
Sometimes there aren't any remotely cute girls. Also I sometimes have a girlfriend so that's not an option.

I remember staying in a hostel in Lyon and being bored shitless because there were just a few couples and some super shy Chinese girls. Wanking and a few cheeky pictures was really needed.

Also, although I've done it, having sex in a hostel is nasty man. Eugh.
>>
>>1089340
I'm the guy you responded to. I always take a sleeping bag with me because I trust my ability to wash mine more than I trust a lot of hostels to wash their sheets. But in Europe/US/Oz/... it's probably not really necessary. Almost everyone in SEA had one on them when I was there, but I guess that's because it plays into the DUDE BACKPACKING LMAO hype more than there is actual need.
>>
>>1088989
You better be trolling.

But in case you are not, you are not "wild and free"; you are just a disrespectful cunt.
>>
>>1088989
Is this bait? I can't believe someone would be such a massive cunt.
>>
>>1089449
That's why you bring shower shoes/flip flops.

You're saying you'd rather they fuck in the same room as you? Potentially on the bed on top of you in a bunk?
>>
>>1089506
I personally don't give a shit if someone else is banging in the room. I've done it before, and if I hear it I mentally cheer them on. We're all here to have a good time.
>>
>>1089509
If I have to hear it, I should be allowed to watch.
>>
>>1089293
>>1089293
>>1089324
>>1089339
I guess I won't fap under the blanket.
>>1089294
>>1089325
Yea but I like lying naked and watching a video.
>>1089533
This. I want to be able to wank watching them.
>>
>>1088953
Secure your valuables. Otherwise go wild.
>>
>>1089582
>I like lying naked and watching a video.
Sure. Just don't be the dude watching standup comedy until 2am. And unless you're teh stud, make sure at least your lower body is covered.
>>
>>1089500
Yet, I'm sure you've encountered massive cunts aplenty.
>>
File: autism-family.jpg (54 KB, 960x737) Image search: [Google]
autism-family.jpg
54 KB, 960x737
>>1088993
This thread ended with this post. I really abstained from posting in after the edge lords started showing up, but goddamn, what have you people done?

>hurrr duurrrr I'm gonna jizz and piss on anything I want and do the helicopter dick out in the open

You took the bait. You chose this future.

Captcha: 2337
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.