[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't know if these threads are common or not...but I currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: PAY-Christopher-Vile.jpg (42 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
PAY-Christopher-Vile.jpg
42 KB, 615x409
Don't know if these threads are common or not...but I currently only have eighty dollars in my account.
Is it plausible to live in my car in a city like Denver or Rapid City (biggest cities near me) and live okayish?
Would I have enough time to survive on this amount of money until I get a job at McDonald's or Walmart to get more income?

Also stories of similar experience or just general poor travel advice.
>>
>>1088589
Labour Ready is your friend. 70 bucks cash for a days work, and a ride to and from the job site.

Think home depot might have a labor agency in the States as well.

It'll be shitty and cold. Bring a tent and a good sleeping bag, the car seat will fuck up your back. Get a library card so you can use their computers. Truck stops have pay showers, truckers always have stacks of shower tickets. Offer to wash their truck for a shower ticket, or just bum one ( a ticket not the trucker), use those to shower. Try to get a credit card and Max that out. Pay it back when things pick up for ya.

Sorry to hear about your situation anon, I've been there myself. You'll get through this, but it won't be fun. Good luck to ya.
>>
You and your care are going to smell like shit though
I can't imagine you can sleep in a car for more than 2 days without going through hellish backpains
>>
>>1088594
You and your car*, fuck
>>
Maybe you can join a gym for your daily shower.
>>
>>1088593
What this anon said. It's doable, it's just gonna suck. Hope your car isn't too small.

To add to the home depot bit from personal experience, they are hiring a ton right now because it's about to be springtime. They have basically no requirements either. You'd have a good chance of being hired quickly there and pay is better than McD's.
>>
>>1088593
Thanks for the advice anon. Are there laws or anything prohibiting me from sleeping in a tent on the street? Or should I find a nice private area to hold up?
>>
>>1088606
I'm a Canadian so it depends on local law enforcement, for all I know you could get shot and jailed for it.

Best way is find a secluded spot in a ravine or offramp on the outskirts of town. Pitch the tent at night, tear down in the day, you're all good. You only really get busted if it's a public park and you're camping out in the open for multiple days in a row.

Having said that, I heard the the States has fucked up ANTI homeless laws so YMMV. best way is to ask a local vagrant for advice.
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 183x276) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 183x276
>>1088589
For you, it's mostly a battle against gas and food, and which one you want more.

If you've been doing this already, I don't think you need to be told too much that it's easy to camp out in a walmart parking lot or any other 24 hour place.

I would discourage a McJob and encourage you to look for call center work. It normally pays a lot more and is a lot less stressful and physically taxing.

As far as "is $80 enough?", start looking for churches that give out free meals, this will help you spend it mostly on gas.

If you have any camping equipment i.e. gas stove to boil noodles then you can also make the money stretch even more.

Also look into syphoning gas.
>>
What about living next to a college or uni? One could just sneak into the public showers the college offers. I'm sure the local students wouldn't care.
>>
>>1088589
Just want to say, most of us have been there at one point or another, and there's no shame in falling on hard times. If I was closer, I'd help out.

Find a nice quiet spot to set up camp and keep hitting the pavement looking for work. Something will pop up. I haven't heard a single bad piece of advice in this thread.
>>
>>1088624
Might depend on the school. When i was in college you had to show a student ID to access any of the gyms. If a school made it easy for outsiders to sneak into their showers theyd probably be dealing with a rape crisis.
>>
i always wonder why people dont find a spot on a remote beach and just fish, and cook what they catch. anybody have info on this? if i was ever down and out i would just become a beach bum like that.
>>
>>1088687
Wouldn't you get real sick of fish after a while?
>>
>>1088690
no, not really. even if i did it would always be there you know?
>>
>>1088687
You'd have to buy a fishing license I believe
>>
>>1088690
>>1088750
>>1088866
NEW THREAD MUSIC

https://youtu.be/Kybyy1EkoOE
>>
>>1088866
yeah for like 40 bucks a year or something? why not? it just doesnt seem impossible but i dont see too many people doing it.
>>
Glad to see this thread is going better for you OP. The one on /out/ is a complete shit show.
>>
>>1088655
>If a school made it easy for outsiders to sneak into their showers theyd probably be dealing with a rape crisis.

UMmmm every campus is already dealing with a rape crisis.
>>
File: Keshatwtblue.png (365 KB, 512x511) Image search: [Google]
Keshatwtblue.png
365 KB, 512x511
>>1089431
Yeah but that's just because of toxic masculinity and rape culture
>>
>>1089311
wow its rough over there, i guess there are the people that are humble enough to realize it could happen to them and the people that arent.
>>
Maybe you could take out the passenger seats for more space.

Check out clinical studies, you can make between 1 and 5k € in a few days or weeks, at least around here, in Germany.

And save some money in the future, especially if you have no family to rely on.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.