[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Safe, Clean, and New-Looking Cities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: World-Map-15.gif (2 MB, 4450x2887) Image search: [Google]
World-Map-15.gif
2 MB, 4450x2887
Hey, /trv/.

What cities in the world are...
>Safe,
>very clean looking,
>and very new looking, as if almost every building in the entire city has been just built recently?

Bonus if you can also name some US cities as such.
>>
>>1088115
Dubai is an obvious one. In general, that whole region, seeing as they were fishing villages 50 years ago, they literally are brand new.

Oslo is really nice, but give it a couple more years until its all built. Veryc clean and modern.

Reikjavik is small and clean, modern.

Ghost towns in china.

Seems pretty dull though, why would you want to go to a place without any history or "soul"? Autism?
>>
>>1088115
Singapore ? Never been there but I heard it's just like you want it to be : safe, clean and recent.

Melbourne also meets your criterion quite well
>>
Buenos Aires and Vancouver
>>
>>1088115
Singapore
>>
>>1088115
I visited Ljubljana, Slovenia recently and was amazed at how modern and clean it looked. Specially since it's a Balkan country and all.
>>
>>1088115
Astana.
>>
>>1088115
Reykjavik has some very new feel to it, though there are some older buildings, they are clean and spartan. The operahouse is pretty futuristic.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (344 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
344 KB, 1920x1080
I live in a place like this, Vancouver. I've traveled around to many cities and have yet to find one like Vancouver. It's pretty much all new, the city is only 130 years old but most buildings around here are from the 70's or newer. It's incredibly clean on a world scale, although 10 years ago it used to be pristine clean, now there's more shitheads who shit this city up. Even cities in western US don't compare, Vancouver just looks and feels much more futuristic and new. No need to mention safety here, it's Canada after all...
>>
Bump. Thanks, Anons. Any US cities matching the list?
>>
File: Portland-20917.jpg (156 KB, 936x526) Image search: [Google]
Portland-20917.jpg
156 KB, 936x526
>>1088631
Im thinking Portland or Salt Lake City, but neither are as modern in terms of architecture as some of the global cities mentioned.
>>
>>1088654
>Portland
Seattle is superior
>>
Melbourne, especially the "as if almost every building in the entire city has been just built recently" part. Seriously, even the "older" ones appear to have been cutting edge and modern when they were built, some of the best architecture I have ever seen. Not to mention, almost every single building is like this. It's also super safe, and pretty clean.

Other than that, Tokyo, Vancouver, Portland, Seattle, Denver, Boulder, San Diego, Singapore, Dubai, all have more or less have that criteria to varying degrees.

>>1088654
Yeah, Portland's buildings suck. I actually work in one of the buildings in that photo though!

>>1088778
If you like more traffic, more crime, paying more money, and more meme sites.
>>
>>1088778
I posted Portland based on cleanliness since thats what OP wants. If i were choosing id pick seattle too, but you cannot deny that Seattle is dirtier than Portland.
>>
File: Bilbao Panorama.jpg (71 KB, 1024x351) Image search: [Google]
Bilbao Panorama.jpg
71 KB, 1024x351
Bilbao, Spain
Very cool city, clean and nice blend of classical architecture and moder.
>>
>>1088127
>Buenos Aires
>safe
>new

wew lad
>>
Bump for more US cities
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.