[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Odessa,Ukraine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: ukr.png (3 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
ukr.png
3 KB, 275x183
I am heading to Odessa for 4 days in late March.Anyone here been there before who got some recomandations? what should I check out?
>>
well, since you didnt care to elaborate what in particular might interest you, i assume you just want to let out your inner hedonist. for that purpose odessa has two locations: arcadia and the center; some clubs, a lot of bars and restaurants, everything you need in terms of food and entertainment.
you might want to go diving, or rent a boat and throw a nice party... theres is a chance some dolphins will want to join, so bring fish.

but, honestly, most people visit odessa for its history. there are like three dozen or so archeological, art, jewish history museums, some nice late 19, early 20 century architecture.

well, i personally visit odessa every half a year due to work and i really like to take a walk along the shore. reminds me of france. odessa has some decent wine and brandy. fortunately i get a good discount on that.
>>
I been there many times. Arcadia is a entertainment area along the water. They have a celebration i believe on April 1st. Humor day.
>>
>>1087607
I never been there but my dad grew up in Odessa until he was 14 and immigrated to the U.S. He says it is a shithole.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potemkin_Stairs

You still have the time to download the film, too.
>>
>>1087607
I wandered into what turned out to be a really cool trunk show by a bunch of local designers, with djs and attractive local hipsters, and also had some good food and drinks, at a cool little bar-cafe called Bufet (Бyфeт), a basement level establishment near the Musical Comedy Theatre. It is, curiously, not a buffet.
>>
>>1088712
I lived there for a while in the mid-90s. It's certainly has had its troubles in the past (economic and political collapse, gangsterism, chaos), but I still think it has a charm and character very much unlike any other big city in the former Soviet Union. It is indisputably beautiful, and it's reputation as a "city of humour" is based on fact too (obviously to get this you need to speak Russian). Recommend reading some stories by Isaak Babel (an absolute genius and beautiful writer) - the Red Cavalry cycle as well as the Odessa cycles - to soak up the self-perception of the city as somewhere sunny and cosmopolitan, and both sophisticated and raffish
>>
>>1087607

>What should I check out?

Russian tanks
>>
>>1089757
>being this ignorant of current affairs
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.