[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got invited to my buddy's bachelor party in Nashville.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: NDT.jpg (312 KB, 1576x800) Image search: [Google]
NDT.jpg
312 KB, 1576x800
I just got invited to my buddy's bachelor party in Nashville. I haven't been before, and the flight's gonna be pretty expensive from out here in Vegas.

My question is - how big is Nashville, and what area should I be looking for in a hotel? Like, if I'm not directly downtown, am I going to be far away from the cool shit? Would it make sense to stay in a cheaper place and take a cab/Uber/some other transportation to the places we'll be partying?

Also accepting hotel recommendations. I'm splitting with 3-6 of my college best friends, so looking for something spacious but midrange.
>>
Try the Gaylord (teeheehee) Opryland Resort. Seriously, though, it's this fancy hotel with an entirely glass-enclosed shopping and dining area.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bnago-gaylord-opryland-resort-and-convention-center/

As for sites, Andrew Jackson's sprawling plantation, The Hermitage, is open to tourists. It should be interesting as long as you like history and are not an SJW airhead (he owned slaves, oh noes!).

http://thehermitage.com/

Nashville is also known for its live music scene, so pretty much every place will have some sort of band playing.
>>
I would find an airbnb downtown for a bachelor party, hotel is a terrible idea. It will give you a good place to crash with your buddies, get loud/drunk for pregame/after bars close, do drugs etc which you obviously won't get away with in a hotel. It's a big music place so I would check the dates you'll be there and find something that sounds good. Also might recommend driving east to the mountains during the day, some great parks to see and good for a day trip.
>>
>>1087642
This desu
>>
>>1087404

That looks neat, but a little over the top for a place I probably won't be spending much time in. I don't anticipate being able to do any shopping or fine dining.

>>1087642
Well, I'm not booking the hotel for the guy getting married, and there's like 15-20 of us, so I don't know if an AirBnB will work. The guy organizing it was going to try to find a hotel with a cool suite that we can do some partying in at some points, but that wouldn't necessarily be where my 3-6 friends and I would stay when accounting for cost.

We don't really do many drugs, so I don't think that'll be an issue, but the drinking should be fine.

I won't have time to make it to the mountains - it's basically going to be bar, bar, bar, bar, sleep, bar bar, bar, bar, bar, leave Nashville.

Definitely open to recommendations for food, but ultimately I just want to know where I should stay that's semi-affordable and reasonably quick to the main area where we'll be partying.
>>
>>1087386
Try the Maxwell hotel, it's sort of centrally located and not too expensive
if you're not directly downtown you will definitely be away from any of the cool shit

I think there's an embassy suites or something downtown, but I don't know how expensive it is since I live close enough that I've never had to stay in a hotel
>>
Nashvillian here. Cancel your trip and go somewhere better. Honestly, there is nothing to do here besides go to loud, crowded bars filled with fat, drunk rednecks.
>>
>>1088380

At least there's booze, I'm fine with that. And my dad's side of the family is from deeper South, so I'm sure it will be downright classy compared to that.

Anyways, no chance of going somewhere else. It's his bachelor party.
>>
If you are up for a drive, about 90 minutes south of Nashville is Lynchburg, Tennessee where the Jack Daniel Distillery is located. Ironically, the county where it resides is a dry county. Although, they have an exception to that rule where a distillery can sell one commemorative product, such as whisky in a "commemorative" bottle, to customers.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.