[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your favourite destination/trip in Europe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: Europe_56456453.png (620 KB, 1473x1198) Image search: [Google]
Europe_56456453.png
620 KB, 1473x1198
I have free time until september and want to use it to travel around Europe. Never travelled alone before and pretty much every destination I look at seems amazing to me so I need some help deciding. Just tell me where you had the best time in Europe, thanks in advance!

Also, I plan on making several short trips and returning home (Germany) inbetween instead of one long journey, are there any disadvantages?

This way I could go by train to big cities and use a car to explore nature/more remote areas.

any help very much appreciated!
>>
>>1081817
El Camino de Santiago
>>
>>1081817
>see europe.png

Top3 .eu:
Irak
Isreal
Saudi arabia
>>
>>1081826
okay thanks, any specific part of it?

>>1081828
here is your reply
>>
>>1081817
Dude, you can choose between Paris, Roma and Norway.
>>
start with something close to Germany like Prague and see how it works for you,
then go ahead
>>
>>1081826
Spain is just great in general. Valencia and Alicante were especially fantastic
>>
File: florence_main.jpg (183 KB, 578x385) Image search: [Google]
florence_main.jpg
183 KB, 578x385
>>1081817

Genoa
Novi Sad
Florence
Not really popular but pretty nice

pic related is Florence
>>
>>1081865
>Florence
>Not really popular
Are you even serious?
>>
I just got done with a two week road trip with a women. Man, they bring a lot of problems with them, their a straight up liability! If your not having sex with them, leave them behind. I mean even if you are you could have so much more fun without them.
>>
>>1081858
Seconding Spain, relatively cheap and great people/culture
>>
>>1081958
Adding my favorite region of Spain is Andalucia. Cadìz but it's all great.
>>
>>1081957
>I just got done with a two week road trip with a women. Man, they bring a lot of problems with them, their a straight up liability! If your not having sex with them, leave them behind. I mean even if you are you could have so much more fun without them.
Butthurt anon.
Don't blame women if you just chose the wrong ones.

I travelled with one and we've been fine most of the time.
>>
File: P8133344.jpg (2 MB, 3968x2976) Image search: [Google]
P8133344.jpg
2 MB, 3968x2976
>tfw no based Croatia
>>
I've been to every country in western Europe except Scandinavia and Portugal. My favorite regions are:

Central Sardinia
>Totally rugged and wild
Inland Catalonia
>incredibly well preserved medieval villages, beautiful deciduous forest
Pyrenees
>not as high as the alps, but none of the yodeling chocolate-eating tourist baiting fruitiness you find in the alps
Andalucia and Cadiz
>beautiful forests, nice villages, possibly best place in Europe to find "old world charm'
>Scotland
Best country in the world
>>
>>1081963
The difference between travelling with women who are 18-23 compared to 25+ is massive. Amazing what a few years out in the real world will do for a person.

It's probably true with guys too, but to a smaller extent
>28
>working for 12 years
>married
>one kid
I meet 22 year olds at uni and they are so fucking stupid
>>
>>1081833
thanks, what specifically do you like about those 3?

>>1081844
yeah thats probably what Im going to do, thanks.

>>1081858
>>1081958
>>1081960
>>1082007
Ive actually been to Spain (Cadiz/Jerez, San Sebastian) a couple of times already, mostly with school though so I probably didnt appreciate it properly being an ignorant teenager. Will definitely go again now, thanks a lot!

>>1081865
thanks for the suggestions, looks very cool

>>1081974
Ive been camping in Croatia as a child, was amazing. Do you have any specific places you would recommend?
>>
>>1082051
I travelled with a 19-20 y.o. Italian girl and she was alright.
>>
Camino de Santiago, from St-jean-pied-de-port(France) to Santiago or Fisterra for a few more days. Better doing this in march/April. Too much people in the summer, a real pilgrim highway
>>
Luxembourg is great fun...
>>
>>1083548
for real? Ive been thinking about going there because its only like a 2 hour drive from me. How many days could I spend there? and what should I see/do?
>>
>>1083565
Not too much to do here...
The capital is quite charming, especially the older streets; best might be to visit for a couple of days (2-4) and just drive through the country.
I guess you'd have to like walks without planned destination in order to fully enjoy the capital, there are some nice hidden spots to see.
As it only takes you about 2 hours to come, I suggest doing a one-day-trip (mabe look for a meetup on sites like couchsurfing?)
>>
i've yet to start traveling, since i'm in the middle of studies and on the northern corner of europe [spoiler]finlan :D ebin :DD[/spoiler]. i do have some family in germany, though. ive thought that i should first direct myself there and from there visit places.

any ideas of where i should go, what should i go check out? i was planning to see portugal and/or spain, the border of the old world as my family likes to call it, and maybe some of the more southern regions of europe like the alps or italy etc. suggestions?
>>
>>1084121
You might wanna check out urlaubspiraten.de. You can find extremely cheap flight tickets (they scan the net for campany-errors). Many of those depart from Frankfurt (or any other major int. airport in germany)
>>
go to paris, op.
>>
i'm a village kind of guy, hate cities so here's my best experiences

turkey - anatolia, met lots of cool village people, very kind and nice (don't go to the big cities, they are full of shit just like everywhere)
switzerland - also hate the cities there, too expensive, but the countryside was beautiful and people very nice

worst experience is probably russian both the big cities and the countryside. almost got put into a jail by drunk cops in pskov so i had to bribe them.
>>
Berlin and Prague currently are up there in my favourites! Super chill and cool. So much to do and see also in both places!
>>
>>1084096
thanks a lot, that sounds very good as a first trip.

>>1084491
how do you get around the countryside? are there some buses that go to remote villages or do you take a car?

>>1084541
where did you stay in those cities, any hostels you can recommend maybe?
>>
I have a 5 day layover in Iceland, can anyone give me advice as to what to do there?
>>
File: Liechtenstein.jpg (285 KB, 1861x500) Image search: [Google]
Liechtenstein.jpg
285 KB, 1861x500
Can anyone tell me about Liechtenstein? Is it worth visiting? I know there wouldn't be any crazy tourist destinations, but in terms of cool villages and nice scenery?
>>
>>1084472
I dont want to get shot
>>
>>1081865
>Florence
Most visited usafat touristrap in EU. You can find nice places if you go up the river, but I would recommend renting a car or going to another city in Italy...

I would recommend Bretagne if you have any basic french skills. Otherwise Prague, Berlin, Copenhagen, I guess Paris too if you're into that idea. Vilnius is also cool.
>>
>>1085366
It's only worth passing through if you'er going to Switzerland or Austria. No reason to there otherwise.
>>
>>1085366
Heh, a friend of mine got accepted at their university. No idea, anon. I guess you'll have to like taking long walks in nature or you'll go mad.
>>
Puglia, I think, from among the regions of Italy.
Budapest.
Slovenia
Odessa and Kiev (and maybe other bits of the western half of Ukraine)
>>
>>1082051
damn son, 28 and married with a kid? shiiiit, I guess if you're happy then disregard this.
>>
>>1084491
Real traveler tm
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.