[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TYPES OF PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HOSTELS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: original (1).jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
original (1).jpg
11 KB, 225x225
ITT: types of people you meet in hostels

>we budgeted 100 euros for this trip and we've already spent 73! Isn't there some way we can split a bed?
>>
Ja, ve are ready for our week long trip to central Sydney
>>
File: 531125201.jpg (120 KB, 338x507) Image search: [Google]
531125201.jpg
120 KB, 338x507
>so like, uhhhhhh, I'm in fucking Thailand before London and, why not, fucking party!!! And also marijuana and fucking party, so, to have good time, lets go, fucking, you my friend! Why not, party and have good time, you know, fucking very cool, why not chill out?
>>
File: German Man.jpg (76 KB, 288x576) Image search: [Google]
German Man.jpg
76 KB, 288x576
>my english is no good
>proceeds to have conversation in perfect english
>>
File: brands.jpg (34 KB, 308x344) Image search: [Google]
brands.jpg
34 KB, 308x344
>Lisbon is sort of like back in the states but like... Worse, you know? Like if you took Portland and took away the wealth, good food and culture. The girls were alright, kind of like uglier versions of Californian girls.
>>
File: lads on holiday.jpg (74 KB, 682x400) Image search: [Google]
lads on holiday.jpg
74 KB, 682x400
this pic doesn't need green text
>>
File: 155158995.jpg (79 KB, 350x490) Image search: [Google]
155158995.jpg
79 KB, 350x490
>let me tell you why our healthcare system is so much better

idgaf faggots, I'm on vacation, stfu
>>
File: average canadian male.jpg (358 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
average canadian male.jpg
358 KB, 2000x1000
>nothing bad to say about these people
>>
>>1078505
Jews?

Do they even stay at hostels? Dont they have their own hostels or something?
>>
>>1078505
He's also just about as funny as the average Canadian. Not very.

I live in Canada...
>>
File: Yuromad.png (58 KB, 838x983) Image search: [Google]
Yuromad.png
58 KB, 838x983
>be american
>suddenly every european and australian wants to talk about how much they hate america and how theyre so much better at everything

k dude whatever
>>
>>1078509
From what I've heard about Israelis and hostels (from a hostel owner) (in South America at least) is that essentially hostel owners won't accept groups of Israelis because they will go ape shit and destroy the place in drunken stupors. Apparently its so common that places will have "NO ISRAELI" signs.

It had something to do with groups of army buddies traveling to SA after their tour of duty together and going buck wild.
>>
>it's totally cool if you guys wanna have sex in the room while I'm sleeping. I'm a pretty heavy sleeper.
>>
>>1079505
It is true though
>>
>someone comes in, gasping, with an 80L mountaineering backpack
>no tent, stove, food inside, not even a sleeping bag
>it's full of shit, like 14 shirts and 8 pants

I never get it. Backpacks heavier than 40L are made for week long wilderness hikes, not for walking from a bus station to a hostel. I have a hard time accepting that travelers need to take their entire wardrobe with them already, but it you have to do it, why torture yourself carrying it on your back if it can be done in a suitcase? I get it, backpacks are convenient if faced with stairs and uneven pavements, but if you never go multi-day hiking or camping, anything over 40L is excessive.
Besides, many of these idiots are not even wearing their backpacks properly, ignoring the waist buckle...
>>
File: oliver.png (52 KB, 185x164) Image search: [Google]
oliver.png
52 KB, 185x164
>take the bottom bunk of a $20 bunk bed
>hear the earth rumbling beneath your feet
>an absurdly fat guy enters the room and scrambles onto the top bunk
>the frame creeks and sways
>can't sleep for fear of being crushed
>>
>>1079551
>It is true though
What's true? That bogans and Eurotrash are butthurt and/or jealous?
>>
>>1078498
omg, so true. thankfully i avoid hostels
>>
>that fat American girl that is there because of some "friend" but never leaves the hostel
>>
>>1078498
>>1078500
>>1078503
Very yes
>>
>>1079551
le epic meme xD
>>
File: Tava-dog-640.jpg (120 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
Tava-dog-640.jpg
120 KB, 640x425
>Hi! I am from Sweden!
>I will fuck every guy in this hostel and mybe in this city
>Except you
>>
>the hot Aussie girl who is on s much MDMA she is permanently staring into space and ends up fucking a Turkish guy she met in Berghain
>the Quebecoise faggots who pretend not to speak English
>the British students who are hitchiking to Istanbul but somehow ended up in Copenhagen
>the old Iranian man who goes to Europe to get drunk/party a couple of times a year but leads an otherwise quiet life with his wife and daughter
>the hot Finnish girls who don't talk to anyone the whole time until a group of you go to a bar and they tag along only to become the most fun people you'll ever meet
>the Chinks who snore loudly all night and decide to Skype home at 3AM
>the Russians who smoke weed in the open and wear ironic "KGB: Still Watching You Budapest" shirts
>the friendly Americans who talk to you when you're hungover
>the South Americans who hog the hostel Playstation and the only English they know is how to challenge you to a game of FIFA
>the Northern Irish guys who won't stop singing Ulster loyalist battle songs and songs about George Best
>>
This video is too perfect for a guy in a hostel I stayed in. A few people were leaving so we had a bit of a party and this balding, recently divorced Brit was doing this for about an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM_ssFW3Sow
>>
>>1079632
I laugh, but it hurts.

>>1078500
Germans really are horrendous for this. I saw an interview with Christoph Waltz and I had to check a dictionary afterwards.
>>
>>1079505
>>1079551
>>1079578
>>1079629

It really is true though.
>>
>Korean/Japanese guy that plays with his tablet and never leaves the hostel
>"the traveling musician" who tries to take over the common area
>gap-year girl
>>
>>1079648
Yeah the whole meme could be true. But the truest part is that no matter what anyone else says about America, whether it's true or false, Americans don't give a fuck what you think/feel/"know" about America. So you are wasting your breath.
>>
>>1079640
Waltz is Austrian.
>>
>>1079692
Same thing to an American. Still a Nazi
>>
>>1079602
When I was in Korea, there was a fat American sitting in the lounge and everytime I walked by, she was eating something. There was free bread that was meant for breakfast only, but she was eating it throughout the day. I didn't understand why she would travel to Korea just to eat toast in a hostel lobby?
>>
>That American who joins in to a random conversation always with the same line "well in America..."
I hate that person the most, Americans can't stop talking about their country even when the conversation is about something completely different.

>The Canadian who won't talk to other Canadians because he's having such an incredible cultural experience talking to Brits while we're in Germany
Yeah, this is why I avoid other Canadians when I travel.

>>1079633
Most of those people don't exist.
>>
>>1079632

How easy are Swedes lol

I've only been travelling in East Asia and I never really run into Euros besides the French and Brits
>>
File: drunk-irish.jpg (262 KB, 606x622) Image search: [Google]
drunk-irish.jpg
262 KB, 606x622
>the loud, drunk irish

they're always really nice guys but holy fuck they drink a lot
>>
>the two female "best friends" who are already at each others throats after only 2 weeks into the "the trip of a lifetime"
>one sits in the lobby talking shit about the other one hiding in the room
>>
>>1079754
SEA seems to be stocked full of them. Not just Swedes, but Norwegians and Finns. I think per capita Sweden is the top tourists to Thailand, With Norway and Finland not far by behind. They are all over Thailand and easy as fuck to fuck. You can even find these chicks in Pattaya of all places.

>pic related
>>
>>1079760
on Walking Street
>>
>>1079692
Austrian-German, but I apologise, I forgot about the Austrian part.

>>1079698
Haha, yeah... American.
>>
>>1079760
>>1079761
How are they posed almost exactly the same in those two pics? I've seen "spot the differences between these pictures" game that were less difficult than spotting the differences between these two pics
>>
>>1079648
You europeans are truly childish in your obsessive and groundless hate for america. And never have anything concrete, just memes and jokes. Its time to grow up
>>
>>1079726
>well in america
You see, euros take something everyone does but their narrow minded hatred leads them to focus only on the us

Aside from that, getting angered by someone wanting to join in a conversation and tell you about where they are from is a bit autistic
>>
>>1079726
>Most of those people don't exist.
I've met literally all of them.
>>
>>1079754
They are easy enough on home turf, but overseas they go completely fuck wild. As soon as the temperature is over 20 they go into orgy mode. Literally just wait until they've had a few drinks and whisper "wanna fuck?" In their ears. They will honestly fuck on a nightly basis in places like Thailand or Australia.

I always thought it was because they are used to a cold, stiff, uptight environment so as soon as they experience heat and a chilled out atmosphere where anything goes, they don't know how to control themselves.
>>
>>1079787
Lol, misinterpreting posts like this is how ficki ficki started
>>
>>1079788
Explain? Only "ficki ficki" I know was when I was in Iraq, and that's how local dudes asked if you wanted to fuck. But I never understood why they thought to ask.
>>
>>1079760
I usually don't stay on hostels anymore, I usually opt for renting an apartment.

If I'm not staying in a hostel how would I meet qt backpacking grills in SEA? Hang around backpacker bars? Look into pub-crawls?
>>
File: kohtao.jpg (865 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
kohtao.jpg
865 KB, 2000x2000
>>1079795
>Look into pub-crawls?
>>
some butthurt fellow countrymen in here. get over it burgers, this is all in good fun
>>
>>1079799
What's with the names written on them? So you know you're sticking your dick in when they are passed out drunk?
>>
>>1079790
That's what the Syrian subhumans are doing in Sweden... Going up to girls in gangs, groping them, and shouting "ficki ficki"
>>
File: IMG-20160212-WA0011.jpg (354 KB, 720x723) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160212-WA0011.jpg
354 KB, 720x723
I have met and seen many Muslims that literally think that if you don't cover yourself up that means you want to be touched.
>>
>the german with full deuter gear
>>
>>1079776
>nothing but memes
>well documented war crimes from 1944 to 2016
>>
>>1079777
No m8. It's not like that. Normally when you sit in a group and you talk about random shit you don't expect someone to constantly compare to how it is back home. Americans always talk about America, how it's different, how it's better back home, how the locals where they're currently in should do what Americans do, etc. It's almost like a defense mechanism, we really don't hate Americans, in fact I for the most part like most of the ones I met and I love traveling to the States. It's just fucking annoying as hell when the conversation isn't about a country or comparing to other places or reminiscing about something, why does it always have to go back to how things are in America?

>>1079780
I can tell you that most of those people are 1-offs.
>>
>talkative, overexcited skinny german/swede guys who always start their conversation with "JA, AND"
Beards and glasses are optional.
On the other hand, they're fun to listen to because they're crazy passionate about some things, like boats and trains.
>>
>>1078492
That one guy who's a total arrogant autist. No social skills, hangs out in his bunk alone with his laptop, wishing desperately someone would ask to include him, even though he'd find some excuse to reject it anyway, and then later silently cry about how no one likes him.

While people are enjoying themselves, overcoming their little social fears and making connections, he (for it is mostly a he) is whining on 4chan about how other people suck, and he even devises threads to count the ways.
>>
>>1078500
>>1079603
>>1079640
I've lived in Germany for many years. Trust me, most Germans are not 'perfect'. Many, especially those who travel, and especially those who are young, will have had more practical experience speaking English so they're a bit better. They still make mistakes often, and I bet you they couldn't write a grammatically correct email if their lives depended on it. It's still enough to get by though, sure. English is also a grammatically forgiving language, and we're used to hearing everyone butcher it a bit, so we tend to ignore minor mistakes.

Please don't feed their arrogance.

>>1079721
Fatties gonna fat.
>>
>>1079757
I once had a passive-aggressive Irish dude jealous as fuck when I was out with him and two girls from the hostel (this was in Bacelona). He was a dumb ugly uneducated beta, probably just a builder or some lame shit, and I was clearly getting on better with the girls (two Australians). I didn't even really 'want' them, I had a new girlfriend back home I was diamonds for and this was only on a week-long spring vacation. I was friendly to him at first, but he kept making little snarky comments... Eventually he kept insinuating I was gay. Like "my brother's a gay, it's cool if you are" and "when was the last time you had a boyfriend? is it hard to meet guys?", "I like gays, they make good music, it's cool bro". At first I was like 'wut?', and even when I whipped out my phone to show my then-gf and I together. Clearly he was looking for a fight. Eventually the Australians girls called him out on his thinly veiled homophobia and he stormed off.
>>
>>1079758
heh, I experienced this. I ended up making out and fingering one in the hostel bar. She was Russian, and kept complaining how her friend was really pushy and strict with the schedules she had made for seeing things.
>>
>>1079776
>>1079777
Don't believe everything /int/ tells you. Most Europeans IRL have the same criticisms most Americans have of their own country, don't care, or flat out love America. The truly autistic raging America-haters are few and far between.
>>
>>1079906
Sweet sweet justice. Please let this be true. Frankly it would happen a lot more in Europe if people weren't afraid of being labelled with hate crimes and losing their jobs, etc.
>>
>>1079726
I talk to other Canadians, but what I can't stand is the very common overcompensating inferiority complex from travel newbs. It's nothing personal, but when you've lived abroad for years, and travelled a lot... and then talk to some babby's first time in Ireland... like K, we get it, America is bigger than us, but there's a whole world out there. Shut up about fucking Edmonton already. It's really not better than anywhere in the US.

another true story:
>in Czech Republic, visiting a friend I met though university in Europe, in his hometown
>somehow mention something about Canada
>guy pops up from the next table
>HEY, did I hear the the word "loonie"!? Are ya Canadian, bro?
>ha, ya mate.
>chit-chat for a bit
>Eventually ask him where he's from: Halifax
>oh cool, my dad's from there, such-and-such neighbourhood, we visited my cousins a lot when I was younger, but it's been a while now... cool place.
>asks where I'm from: Toronto
>*immediately* he trails off and pulls away, just like that, finds an excuse to leave like I said I'm a pedo Mexican-cartel Muslim. ignores any kind of eye-contact the rest of the night
>Fuck you too, inbred codnigger.

That's what I can't stand about Canadians, the petty regionalism. I've travelled all across Canada multiple times. Like your boring backwater is better than my boring backwater. It's just so utterly provincial and insufferable. Find me a Canadian who's not like this, and we'll chill.
>>
File: Stags_Prague_Bar_Crawl.jpg (70 KB, 428x321) Image search: [Google]
Stags_Prague_Bar_Crawl.jpg
70 KB, 428x321
>>1078503
These fuckers.
In places like prague or budapest it gets comical as there's like a million of them. Roaming around in small groups with the same shirt, each one trying to act all alpha when all they're really doing is following some sheep herder to the next overpriced tourist trap that was built specifically for them.
>>
>>1079777
i like to travel to experience other cultures. part of that is talking about my own country and culture. i do bring up america, but not every topic is about it.

i try to get people talking about their home countries, because i'm interested in what its like form a ground level, not filtered through some tourist agency, ya know?
>>
>>1080010
I can somewhat relate, I'm Canadian and I found myself doing that when I was a noob traveler... It's not out of arrogance, I think it's more that North Americans don't travel overseas nearly as much as Euopeans. When we do go over, we're usually the only ones in the group from the US/Canada and feel we are contributing by talking about where we're from. We're not aware that everyone despises us
>>
>>1080245
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjgsJ9BF0QY
skip to 10:44 to laugh at them
>>
>>1080266
>Stacey Dooley

I'm sorry, but I just can't stomach her.
>>
>>1080272
She's cute in that umbrella though.
>>
>>1079525
>in South America at least) is that essentially hostel owners won't accept groups of Israelis because they will go ape shit and destroy the place in drunken stupors.
naw, it's simply modern day anti-semitism, or to avoid it among guests together
>>
>>1079721
>There was free bread that was meant for breakfast only, but she was eating it throughout the day. I didn't understand why she would travel to Korea just to eat toast in a hostel lobby?
Is bread a common menu item in Korea? Maybe she was jonesing/saving money on buying her own snacks.

I have no idea why someone wouldnt leave a hostel unless they were waiting for someone to return/come downstairs, or resting their feet for a day. I tend to do spa days/pools/massage on a half day every 3rd or 4th day of my travel for a break, but I don't have a lot of hostel experience. It's kind of the life among the low classes lifestyle that seems weird to me in this century of choices to stay.
>>
>barcelona was so great i was so drunk i cant remember a thing :^)
>paris was so great i was so drunk i cant remember a thing :^)
>rome was so great i was so drunk etc etc
>>
>Loud Yanks
>Loud Aussies

both good blokes
>>
>>1080278
Oh, I'd fuck her at full force in the vagina, ass and mouth, but she's rubbish and annoying.
>>
>>1080231
underrated post
>>
>>1080293
It amused me too, but OP didn't make a thread specifically for criticisms, although there's very little praise in this thread.
>>
>>1080294
Those threads have made their appearances here frequently. This thread was a response to that: >>1051333
>>
>>1079525

I have heard about this as well. Especially in the south of Chile. Same reason, army dudes fucking shit up.
>>
>>1080235
>Germans in Germany make mistakes when speaking English (to someone who has lived in their country for many years)
Wow, what a bunch of fucking assholes!
>>
File: pole in a pole in poland.jpg (28 KB, 600x369) Image search: [Google]
pole in a pole in poland.jpg
28 KB, 600x369
I always thought that I was a heavy drinker until I met a girl from poland.
>>
>>1080231
That's me!
>>
>>1080281
Bread isn't a rarity at all in Korea. Bakeries all over and you can pop into a supermarket and find some. She was just fat.
>>
>>1079525
Met 2 sound Israelis in S. America. The majority are absolute cunts. Especially because their 'chosen people' arrogance is multiplied by hideous amounts of coke
>>
>>1079814
You're just butthurt
>>
>I got these dreads when I was in Goa
>Jah will literally provide
>is white
>>
>>1080350
You sound like you have personal problems or issues with your own confidence.
>>
>>1079525
>Owners start renaming hostels 'Hostelcaust' and 'Auschwitz' to keep outtthe Israelis
>>
>>1080362
You sound like an assmad Israeli
>>
>>1080279
You dirty disgusting Jew, anytime a Jew gets called out for being absolute scum, you kikes cry "ANTI SEMITISM" rather than look at what you Jews do to deserve this treatment
>>
>>1080359
Don't understand how that's a butthurt comment
>>
>>1080359
You're projecting
>>
>>1080395
Neither do I. I wasn't really paying attention
>>
>>1079799
how fucking high are these people?
>utterly deranged smiles
>>
>>1080266
d'aww she's like a ginger version of sarah chalke
>>
>>1078500
>tfw this is me
>>
Big groups of Spanish guys who are in their 20s who are unbelivably loud. Every fucking time. They will come in to the hostel, try haggle the price down saying in good but accented English, "we are from Shpain, we are students, we do not have much money". Then after that the whole time in the hostel they will only speak in Spanish to everyone, even though they speak English and they are not in a Spanish speaking country.
>>
>>1080231
I always used to be this person growing up. First time i travelled away from home i swear i felt all the anxiety drain out of me.

Travelled a few more times. Changed my environment at home. Now i can talk to people like a fucking human. Its wonderful.
>>
>>1080432
I can't stand those. When the finger wagging starts I lose my shit
>>
>>1079561

this is a first timer thing. when i went to the states i basically brought my whole wardrobe for some reason, lol

in india now and i brought over a laptop bag with some underwear and a few tshirts
>>
Groups of Germans who only speak German even though they are people with them who don't speak German (I did this a few times before realizing what a cunt move that is)
>>
>>1079656

>Mericans don't care

Then why are you arguing, you idiot?
>>
>>1080596
We aren't arguing a bit what you are saying the content if what you saying is irrelevant. That'swhat we don't care about. The "argument", though I prefer discussion, is the necessity you have to bray these things back at us. I didn't travel half way across the world to discuss US policies and politics. In fact, that discussion in "polite company" is considered rude in America. It's alright among friends, but Americans avoid casual conversations on politics and religion
>>
>>1080597

>In America...
>>
>>1080597
http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/never_talk_about_religion_or_politics_etiquette_rule/
>>
>>1080598
Exactly, so do you why Americans think the way we think about Euros spouting this stuff at us. In the USA only religious and political zealots do this. You Euros literally sound crazy and obsessed to us when you try to engage us on topics of US policy
>>
That person who didn't travel until their late 20's or early 30's so basically doesn't fit in.

That person is me ;_;
>>
>>1078504
>idgaf faggots, I'm on vacation, stfu
Do you realize the USA have literally bombarded us Europeans with series about hospital settings and do you realize Internet is a huge American cringe about American values and the importance of private healthcare?

These people talking to random Americans are just returning all this spam to its legitimate owners.
>>
>>1079505
See >>1080605

Just returning 50 years of spam to their owners!
>>
>>1080606
Italian here.
My American English teacher in Treviso redpilled me and debunked the myth German speak neat English.
>>
>>1080010
>Normally when you sit in a group and you talk about random shit you don't expect someone to constantly compare to how it is back home.
You should expect it. It's called a conversation, input from both persons.
>>
>>1079561
Not sure. I had many kilos when in Canada in 2007.
Possibly because I had to spend a month in the same town before moving out so I felt like taking more stuff.
I am still proud of my 95 lt because it can easily contain my tent, matterss, sleeping bag and clothes without stuff hanging out and getting trapped all over the place.
When in Paris I used it to transport books. Just books.

Anyway now that I live in Straya... the more I travel, the less I pack. 24 hr flghts... I don't even bother with checked in baggage. My 27 lt is enough unless I need a tent.
>>
>>1079563
Happened to me.
>>
>>1080309
That isn't the point m8. It's great they can speak passable English, like most young decently educated people in the developed world. I am refuting this silly idea that they are 'perfect'. Does it matter? Maybe not, but the levels are hardly 'perfect', and even worse when it comes to writing anything

Also, I can speak decent German (harder to achieve than with English, I dare say), and always speak it first by default. I fact, I don't like being spoken to in English just because my accent is noticed. It's actually annoying as fuck when you live here and are just trying to do some ordinary daily business and someone will go "OH! letz speak English, I can English quite good. Vhy are you in Tschermany anyway? Zis is a boring country wif not so nice people, vhy would you live HERE??!" and then have to answer 20 more questions about your backstory. I don't mind sometimes, at a bar let's say, or with new colleagues, or if it's a qt3.14, but too often from randoms gets irritating. Even if they mean well, sometimes you just want to be anonymous normalfag who happens to have an accent.
>>
>>1080613
I think the fact that Germans speak more than passable English makes it come off as "perfect". It's English with a German accent and idiosyncracies, no different than regiona English accents like American rural/southern/urban, or cockney,or bogan. That's why people say it's "perfect" , they mean it's perfectly understandable.
>>
>>1080601
>Exactly, so do you see why Americans think the way we think about Euros spouting this stuff at us?

Corrected 1st sentence
>>
>>1080601
>>1080615
See this >>1080605
And this >>1080607

>Do you realize the USA have literally bombarded us Europeans with series about hospital settings and do you realize Internet is a huge American cringe about American values and the importance of private healthcare?
>These people talking to random Americans are just returning all this spam to its legitimate owners.
>Just returning 50 years of spam to their owners!
>>
>>1080599
>http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/never_talk_about_religion_or_politics_etiquette_rule/
I'd love it if girls followed this etiquette on Tinder.
>>
>>1080619
Still makes you sound crazy, and obsessed with the USA to us. No matter your reasons.
>>
>>1080237
I fucking hate Irish people outside of Ireland. They've always got a chip on their shoulders about some God damn thing or another. Seriously, if I go to a hostel and there are Irish in the room, I change rooms.
>>
>>1080380
>Triggered
>>
>>1080622
I think it is USA that sounds obsessed about the rest of the world.

I personally don't think individual US citizens are responsible for this, so I try to avoid talking this shit with them.

But I find it very convenient and complacent of you that you show up everywhere in the world after your country messed it up and kept being all over the place in the media, etc. and are "negatively surprised" to find out people talk to you freely about US issues.

I am not that kind of European, but I find it very naive of you to be amazed. All of your media industry is obsessed about being everywhere, investing everywhere, promoting "American values", "A-team", "ER", "the Chips", "CSI", "we won WW2" and a shitload of other memes.

So now naive American citizens travel around the world and are faced with naive foreign nationals who speak up about those issues. Of course they do not speak of that with Hollywood directors. They engage in debate or rants with the first clueless American they find.

To the American one, they look like crazy.
To them, the clueless American looks like somebody who represents her own country.

Just get used to that. If things were different, you wouldn't be wealthy enough to travel around the world and listen to the rants of the foreigners you have economically colonized.
>>
>>1080631
>I think it is USA that sounds obsessed about the rest of the world.

How did anything you post following that depict any manner that the average US citizen, let alone traveler, is obsessed with the rest of the world. Maybe I missed it. It seems like you just justified why the world is obsessed with the US. And as stated, it's considered bad form to casually talk about politics here. At least among white people. Dave Chappelle did a stand up on it over a decade ago.

Watch and understand through comedy:
https://youtu.be/_ZHrSK0l3dY
>>
>>1080614
I guess that's true. Although living here nearly 6 years, there are certain Denglishisms that would make native speakers go "wut?".

This is a tangent here, but I also think English speakers are generally A LOT MORE forgiving of mistakes made by foreigners. Unless you're a redneck Anti-Mexican Border Militiafag in Arizona, you usually try to understand what foreign-speakers mean without drawing too much extra attention to it (English is typically more polite that way). In German though, my own little theory based on experience is that people generally aren't used to hearing many foreigners speak their language, so they get really confused and maybe somewhat affronted over language mistakes (even if the meaning is still kinda clear), or else just don't make any effort at all to understand. "Get on my level or fuck off".

Also, in German society it's generally not considered impolite to correct people or point out their errors (in fact it's seen as considerate to do, so they know how to improve next time, etc). You certainly never sugarcoat things the way we do in English. Most Germans aren't really cognizant of this, even if they have the grammar and pronunciation more-or-less OK. This is what leads to the stereotype of Germans as blunt selfish a-holes.
>>
>>1078500
we europeans are worried about our accent ok.
>>
>>1080830
Do other languages have as many dialects/accents as English
>>
>>1080833
Yes. I mean just look at English accents in England itself. There's a different accent every 100km. Most European languages are the same in that aspect, because the local populations have had such a long time to develop slightly different accents in the villages/towns/cities they're from you get so many in each country/language.
>>
File: 1454822343065.jpg (91 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1454822343065.jpg
91 KB, 540x960
>>1080838
100km? Mate, try 15km
>>
>>1080847
Piddly pum, you have the putrid stench of a Brummie
>>
>>1080847
15km? try 1 foot. I'm at a coffee shop, and the guy next to me has an Irish accent.
>>
>>1080634
>How did anything you post following that depict any manner that the average US citizen, let alone traveler, is obsessed with the rest of the world. Maybe I missed it. It seems like you just justified why the world is obsessed with the US.
I hate to repeat myself.

As I said, the country (its governments, its media outlets) look like they are both:
>self absorbed (only America matters)
>still interested in putting their finger all over the world.
The US citizen (the individual) is innocent. But, as I said, the lone US traveller is treated by foreign hosts as a representative of his own country.
The USA are all over the place. That's undeniable.
The USA citizens are not.

But laymen do not make such a subtle difference so when they see you as a US individual they talk to you like they would talk to Obama.

And you be like: "hey man, I didn't invade your country myself".
>>
>>1080833
In Sweden we have 15 major dialects/accents, each having a number of sub-dialects, all in a country of 9 million. For example, the island of Gotland has about 50 000 inhabitants and you can quiet easily tell where someone is from on this small baltic island, I can count at least 4 dialects. The region of Skåne has at least 7 dialects, Västra Götaland 5, it just goes on and on. In the country side, accents are usually called 'sockenmål', parish speak, because you can often tell which parish someone is from based on their accent. And all of this is not counting the dialects that are so far remove from modern swedish that it is sometimes counted as a different language, like Elfdalian. This is what happens when you have had an agragian society up to the 20th century with almost no travel for generations spead over a pretty big country in terms of area.
>>
File: 1399936033703.png (58 KB, 485x409) Image search: [Google]
1399936033703.png
58 KB, 485x409
>>1079633

>the South Americans who hog the hostel Playstation and the only English they know is how to challenge you to a game of FIFA

Hue, i know the feel.
>>
>>1079544
Fuck! This one goes both ways. Either he is a total creep and wants to wank one out while you're having sex. Or he is an autist and doesn't have any social skills and thinks saying that is okay.
>>
>>1079563
>hear the earth rumbling beneath your feet
Where? Japan?
>>
>>1080281
>among the low classes lifestyle
>in this century of choices to stay.
There are still poor people in this "century". Hostels are nice because it forces you to socialize and to make friends to do stuff with. Maybe even get laid. Yea sometimes you get a shitty experience but whatever it's all about the experience. One isn't better than the other.
>inb4 I don't care about the "experience"
Yea than you get a hotel. Depends on the person.
>>
>>1079652
>the traveling musician
God I hate this one. Thinking they are on some kind of journey of finding themselves. Most likely they were nobody's back home and they didn't accomplish anything so they have to do something so when they look back it makes them feel good.
>"Man, when I was young... Those were the times"
>>
>>1079758
I actually feel sorry for them. They have so much hope of their great "adventures" and what they will do. Until reality hits them in the face.
>>
>>1080602
You can fit in. Just do basic grooming, be social and be fit. You will be able to get along younger people very easily.
>>
>>1081099
>be fit
Sure, I'll just go ahead and be fit tomorrow then.
>>
>>1079505
I love this meme. I've seen several versions. What is it called?

Walking confrontation angry post thing?
>>
>>1080602
That person is me too. Go more places.
>>
>>1081128
Hey newb, welcome to 4chan.
>>
>>1081122
>I want to be less repugnant, but I don't want to have to make the choices and put in the effort it takes to actually become less repugnant.
>>
>>1079632
>>1079760
>>1079787
>>1080316

why did I get married so young ;_;
I'm tall, muscular and handsome, I'm missing out on all the pussy I could get on my travels
>>
>>1081143
I met my wife in a hostel.
>>
>>1081143
met my gf in a hostel. she was working front desk and it was her first day.
>>
>>1080281
>I have no idea why someone wouldnt leave a hostel

When people take long trips its nice to just stop sometimes. I Backpacked Asia for 8 months once and towards the end I would just chill out in a hostel for a couple of days and rest. When in Tokyo I spent like 5 days doing almost nothing, just went out for food. Spent about 5 hours sitting in that Starbucks at that shibuya crossing.
>>
>>1079525
I'm from Chile and own tourism facilities and this is true at a certain point. It has nothing to do with anti-semitismbut about bad manners

Of course there are no 'no israeli' signs but there's concern about how large group of them behave. Same happen in Cuzco, Peru.
>>
>>1080432
That's pretty much who I was referencing in my OP
>>
>>1081137
>newb

literally step into traffic por favor
>>
File: 1455424963031.jpg (17 KB, 245x204) Image search: [Google]
1455424963031.jpg
17 KB, 245x204
>>1080876
Scouse la
>>
Can anyone tell me why couples stay in hostels in cheap countries?

The price for 2 people usually buys a double room and they usually always keep to themselves anyway.

Are they just too stupid to figure out?
>>
>>1081216
Might be cheap to you, not for them.
Maybe they have a budget planned and got another 3 travel stops after that one.
Maybe they dont care about the usual luxuries of hotels and are frugal.

What do they really need to figure out? They obviously stayed at the hostel for a reason whether it was because of the location or because it was just plain cheap. Nothing stupid about that.
>>
>>1081216
maybe they intended to socialize with other people in the hostel, but then when they were there they just sticked to each other to not leave their comfort zone
>>
>>1081216
Maybe they intended to socialize with other people in the hostel, but then they met you.
>>
>>1081296
SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>1081145
So does she like to walk barefoot amidst the filth, use crappy shower, hardly wash herself, and smoke pot at the shortest notice?
>>
>The slutty Aussie /American 7/10 who wants to fuck after 3 lines of conversation

>The hottie French / German 9/10 who won't put out to anyone. Doesn't even have a boyfriend.

>The loud Irish / Aussie / Brit stag group who are good for sharing a ciggie or blunt out back before they get too rowdy at about 8pm.

>The loud group of Italians / Spanish who only converse among themselves.

>The nerdy but cool Indian dude who is chill as fuck and up for anything.

>The generally chill Canadians and New Zealanders

>The "In America" Americans

>The guy who is in his bunk every night at by 8pm watching movies.

>The Asian chick / Aussie guy who never leaves the hostel.

>The passive aggressive guy who has a chip on their shoulder about something. Everyone avoids him after the first night.

>That pretentious 21 year old guy who is "finding himself". Keeps a journal and is a creep around women.

>The 2 girl friends who either clearly hate each other now they've spent some time together OR are an awesome as fuck fun loving duo. Never mediocre (unless both fat).

>The young married couple who have a kid or something they've left at home with a parent. Desperate to be young before they ruin their lives with their stupid kid.

>The older 40 something Aussie / Arab guy who is cool but into weird sex shit. Probably out visiting their sort of estranged son doing something cool like rally driving.

>The older hostel owner / manager who goes out with the hostel every single night. Always last to come home, gets laid with hostel guests all the time. Keeps in touch with you on FB after you leave. Remembers everyone's name. Somehow has the energy for this lifestyle even though they are pushing 40.

>The actually cool, interesting and attractive late 20s guy making themselves the centre of attention but also including everyone. Often 3rd or 4th time in that city, friends with the hostel owner and staff. Goes sightseeing with Get's laid every night out.
>>
>>1080601

So mad, so stupid. You yanks can't seem to stand even the merest suggestion that your country is anything less than the best in every possible way. What you perceive as "braying" is simply the rest of the world making conversation which for some reason drives you fucking mental.

You need to fix your shit.
>>
>>1080608

As an English teacher I can tell you that although Germans don't speak perfect english, it's very 'precise', especially from a grammatical standpoint.
>>
File: 1325523142203.png (46 KB, 838x983) Image search: [Google]
1325523142203.png
46 KB, 838x983
>>1081128
i thought it was originally called niggerwalk because it was between a white and black man
>>
>>1081356
>>The slutty Aussie /American 7/10 who wants to fuck after 3 lines of conversation
Usually drunk.
>>The hottie French / German 9/10 who won't put out to anyone. Doesn't even have a boyfriend.
True story.
>>The loud Irish / Aussie / Brit stag group who are good for sharing a ciggie or blunt out back before they get too rowdy at about 8pm.
Again: because alcohol.
>>The loud group of Italians / Spanish who only converse among themselves.
Raise their hands those who have never seen this happening.
>>The nerdy but cool Indian dude who is chill as fuck and up for anything.
Man, so true. So true.
>>The generally chill Canadians and New Zealanders
Who at least do not scream in chicken voices like Aussie and Brit sluts... nor they are dodgy and devious like the Aussie guys.
>>The "In America" Americans
I don't get this one.
>>The guy who is in his bunk every night at by 8pm watching movies.
Ha ha.
>>The Asian chick / Aussie guy who never leaves the hostel.
Never saw this one.
>>The passive aggressive guy who has a chip on their shoulder about something. Everyone avoids him after the first night.
That was me when I was 19.
>>That pretentious 21 year old guy who is "finding himself". Keeps a journal and is a creep around women.
Calls himself McCandless and believes Into the Wild is cool and not a tragedy. If you point out dying in the wood is not so romantic, he will tell you you do not get "the spirit" of the thing.

[continued]
>>
[continued from >>1081366 ]
>>The 2 girl friends who either clearly hate each other now they've spent some time together OR are an awesome as fuck fun loving duo. Never mediocre (unless both fat).
And yet they won't put up with you but with some random hippie dude whose appeal you cannot explain (but he has one and it works).
>>The young married couple who have a kid or something they've left at home with a parent. Desperate to be young before they ruin their lives with their stupid kid.
Never saw this one. Must travel more.
>>The older 40 something Aussie / Arab guy who is cool but into weird sex shit. Probably out visiting their sort of estranged son doing something cool like rally driving.
Me in 20 years.
>>The older hostel owner / manager who goes out with the hostel every single night. Always last to come home, gets laid with hostel guests all the time. Keeps in touch with you on FB after you leave. Remembers everyone's name. Somehow has the energy for this lifestyle even though they are pushing 40.
Hahahahahah
>>The actually cool, interesting and attractive late 20s guy making themselves the centre of attention but also including everyone. Often 3rd or 4th time in that city, friends with the hostel owner and staff. Goes sightseeing with Get's laid every night out.
Never met.
>>
>>1081366
>>>The passive aggressive guy who has a chip on their shoulder about something. Everyone avoids him after the first night.
>That was me when I was 19.

There is also the dude who thinks being grumpy will attract more women... but inevitably fails to make friends and then goes around asking "why?"

Truth is only few can act grumpy like funny movie stars.
>>
>>1081356
>The nerdy but cool Indian dude who is chill as fuck and up for anything.

I was in Seoul last month and I met a guy from a province in India where alcohol is illegal. The guy got absolutely smashed on cheap vodka, yet still remained polite and cheerful. Great guy.
>>
>>1080613
Let's see some of your German then if you're such a hot shot and so good at it. Most Germans will switch to English because they can't understand your German for shit. I'm German and my English can be considered near perfect but you don't see me shitting on other people because they can't speak German like a native can. I'm often asked if I'm American/British/Australian when I travel based solely upon my spoken English but I've only ever been to an English speaking country twice in my life. All of my family can speak above average English, as well as all of my friends, and all of my fellow classmates/colleagues. This whole "hurr germinz can barely speak passable english durr" notion is full of shit. Time to talk to people other than your local Kaufland cashiers.

And because that you claim that you've lived here for 6 years now I expect nothing other than German above perfect. Most Germans have have never ever set foot in an English speaking country but can speak English quite decently, probably better than you can speak German. Your only contact must be with Kebab shop keeps or clerks at a tobacco shop with inferior education standards. I would like to see how many languages a gas station attendant in Kansas can speak.
>>
>>1081351
She has shoes now.
>>
>>1081477
Yikes, you sure got triggered here Kevin. Was I talking about you personally?
>Let ME tell you about YOUR experiences!!
Typical German megalomania.

IME, Germans switching to (imperfect) English has little to do with your level of German. Even when I answer back in good clear German, it's clear they've understood but they'll respond in English. You have absolutely no fucking clue how often this happens, or how irritating it is. So instead of getting your nationalist balls in a twist and denying someone else's experiences, why don't you try some empathy for once? (I know it hard for your kind)

The switch has 'good' intentions I realize, but has the drawback of not helping improve a foreigner's German at all. Anyway, this happens less the better my German has become. Typically most people can no longer immediately guess I'm an anglo, and ask if I'm Dutch or Danish or something.

>All of my family can speak above average English, as well as all of my friends, and all of my fellow classmates/colleagues.
highly doubtful, typical German over-estimation.

>don't see me shitting on other people because they can't speak German like a native can
No, it's just immediate dismissiveness... sound familiar?

>This whole "hurr germinz can barely speak passable english durr" notion is full of shit.
I work in a university (in a university town) and speak with German students and staff literally every single day. I am well attuned to their common mistakes.
>also implying I smoke or eat döner.

>Most Germans have have never ever set foot in an English speaking country but can speak English quite decently,
lel, no.
> but can speak English quite decently, probably better than you can speak German.
German is useless outside German-speaking countries, and was not an option where I grew up anyway. English meanwhile is THE global lingua franca, and all Germans are cucked with English media from the day they're born. So durrrr, obviously. This isn't a pissing contest.
>>
I don't know where the fuck you guys meet all these people.

Last time I went to a Hostel, everyone was a few years older than me and were all PhD. students on vacation. It was quite intimidating, but at the same time they were all nice.
>>
>>1081356
>>The loud group of Italians / Spanish who only converse among themselves.
I saw this in Kyoto.

They occupied a whole table and were all drinking spirits. Going "Kampai".

In all honesty, they may have been loud, but they weren't obnoxious.

In fact I was a bit jealous because my own friends couldn't come with me.
>>
>The guy from Eastern Europe that is working in London
>>
>>1081477
lol, you germans realy are depressing, boring, obsessed with education, and completely devoid of a sense of humor. It must be depressing as hell to live there.
>>
>>1081556
As an Italian, I conceived of this distinction.

We Italian males are loud when in groups.
British chicks are loud when alone or with a friend.

So, basically, I can stand a crowd yelling... but when one of those chicks hit me with their high pitched screamy voices.. OMG I cannot stand it.

>When Down Under
I spent one year without Italians.
It did fine for me. I became a very quiet person, but God knows if I miss my buddies.

>When at the Australian Bouldering gym
Everybody there minds their own businesses.
Back in Italy, you would have had strangers shouting at you to boost your performance.
"Come on, you can do it!" Etc.

Here in Australia, there is no involvement between strangers, other than the classic cheap talk.

So I guess every country presents itself as "friendly".
Friendly Italy, friendly Japan, friendly Australia... but they all have different concepts.
>>
>>1081477
>inferior education standards
German elites don't like the working class.
>>
>>1081142
>I only make friends with people who are in good shape
what is this meme? unless you're trying to get laid no one gives a shit what kind of shape you're in
>>
>>1081477
jesus christ hans chill the fuck out

>I'm often asked if I'm American/British/Australian when I travel based solely upon my spoken English
hahaha you are so full of shit. no one has EVER mistaken a german accent for any native english speaking accent. even dumbfuck trailer trash can immediately identify your ugly kraut speech from a mile away
>>
>The large numbers of silent Chinese people who are just "there".
>>
>>1081553
That's what I thought... no German.

>>1081708
>implying you can't learn a language so well that you begin to develop a near native sounding accent
pleb
>>
>>1081779
Okay, so which accent is the "native" one? Because American, British (assuming you mean English), and Australian accents don't sound similar at all. Also, your fluency in a language has absolutely nothing to do with your accent; Germans who speak perfect English still speak with a German accent. Accents are about your pronunciation and ability to produce certain sounds, not about your mastery of the language.

Nice bullshit little story though.
>>
>>1081779
Did you come out of /pol/ or something like that?
>>
>>1081779
Und was soll ich sagen? Wir sind auf 4chan, und die Diskussion geht um Englisch, nicht Deutsch. Es ist dein butthurt Adolf, nicht meins.

:^)

Can't even reply to the content of my message, because you know you're rekt. Why don't you go go back to bitching at your mom about her new boyfriend Abdullah.
>>
>>1079525
Not as bad as New Zealand Hostels banning New Zealanders
>>
>>1081477
>>1081779
Vocaroo or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>1079758
seen this a few times
>>
>>1081367
>>>The 2 girl friends who either clearly hate each other now they've spent some time together OR are an awesome as fuck fun loving duo. Never mediocre (unless both fat).
>And yet they won't put up with you but with some random hippie dude whose appeal you cannot explain (but he has one and it works).

New and different to what they're used to and interested in back home
>>
>>1080847
>>1080876
>>1080880
>move literally one town over to be closer to work
>you're not from around here are you?
God bless this country
>>
>>1081356
>>1081366
>21 year old pretentious guy who keeps a journal and is creepy around women
>calls himself mcandless and believes into the wild is cool
Oh god it's literally me

I'm so sorry, I really am. I don't like me either.
>>
>>1081851
>Es ist dein butthurt Adolf, nicht meins.
I keked hard.

>>1081852
>Not as bad as New Zealand Hostels banning New Zealanders
I got kicked out from a hostel in Palmerston North for cooking after 9 pm.
Asked the lady: "You cannot because it is noisy"
Me: "I'm hungry as fuck, have special dietary needs, it's 9.15 pm and all shops and restaurants are closed. In this city you cannot find food after 8.30 pm, especially if you're just arrived. Moreover, everybody is awake and 3 metres from here there is a bunch of guys getting drunk and smoking and talking loud".
>Kicked out

Okay. I ended up staying at Massey.
>>
>>1081874
I am not upset by the desire to feel free, travel, make friends, live life to its fullest, and all these other memes.
What puts me off about people like you is that you *also* have to brand yourself. As if all the other memes weren't enough.

So I respect the life choices, but it's the marketing of them that sounds obnoxious.

P.S.:
>Be me
>Manage an expat fb group with 20,000 subscribers
>The other admin: "Please ban McCandless" / "Please ask Supertramp"
>Me browsing subscribers' list
>MFW all of them have McCandless or Supertramp as a second name
-.-'
>>
>>1081861
>>>The 2 girl friends who either clearly hate each other now they've spent some time together OR are an awesome as fuck fun loving duo. Never mediocre (unless both fat).
>>And yet they won't put up with you but with some random hippie dude whose appeal you cannot explain (but he has one and it works).
>New and different to what they're used to and interested in back home
And not just that: he's exactly *the* kind of guy they used to shame when back at school.
>>
>>1078500
As an Englishman, this fills me with embarrassment, as I speak enough local lingo to survive in many other countries, but never to the levels of this wonderful cunt.
>>
>>1081882

What bothers me about that type of person is that they are both totally full of themselves and also horribly insecure. Completely lacking in any self awareness. Basically just narcissists with a backpack.

And that they try to sleep with every girl that passes through the hostel, whether they have a bf or whatever, and they use the "tortured poet" shtick to try and seduce them.They would be that guy at the party who plays Wonderwall while eyeing up your gf but only they didn't have the room to bring it (worst case, they squeezed in a Ukulele).

It's so cynical and completely undermines any sort of authenticity or meaning their supposed journey of discovery is supposed to mean to them. Just admit you're doing it for the pussy, you might actually get some that way.
>>
>>1080833
never heard of italy? everybody has a different accent. especially in the south they have so many dialects, impossible even to a mother togue to understend some of them
>>
>>1081882
I should clarify that I don't literally use his last name and have only watched Into The Wild once, but I thought it was a great movie and this >>1081890 describes me pretty well minus the lack of self awareness.
>>
File: mfw13.png (167 KB, 365x341) Image search: [Google]
mfw13.png
167 KB, 365x341
>>1080279
OY VEY!
>>
>>1080361
The average white student in the School For African and Asian Studies in London.
>>
File: Dialetti_e_lingue_in_Italia.png (433 KB, 1673x2078) Image search: [Google]
Dialetti_e_lingue_in_Italia.png
433 KB, 1673x2078
>>1081892
>especially in the south they have so many dialects, impossible even to a mother togue to understend some of them
>especially in the south
Well... it's not that Venetians understand Furlans / Ladins / Cimbrians /
>>
File: France.png (2 MB, 2000x1898) Image search: [Google]
France.png
2 MB, 2000x1898
>>1081899
>>
>>1081890
>and they use the "tortured poet" shtick to try and seduce them
WTF I am a poet in my real life and never thought of using this ploy...
...as a poet I am always ashamed to be rejected, so I don't regard this as a trick, but as a vulnerability I have to hide at all costs.
>>
>>1080925
german here, in tv there are sometimes subtitle because their dialect isnt understandable for other people

once the tv was on but i didnt watch just listened, did some shit
then i looked and saw that there are subtitles and i couldnt tell why because i understood everything perfectly
shortly after it was mentioned he lives in a town 15km from me

there are two villages here, u have to drive 5min through a forest and the people dont understand eachother if they speak their pure dialect.
Here in the Saarland its fucking extrem with the dialects....
>>
>>1080925
So which region is the Swedish Chef from the Muppets from? Dat accent.

>Bork
>Bork
>>
>>1081905
Can you post a pic of your land? Just to get the idea...
>>
File: MFW3.jpg (147 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
MFW3.jpg
147 KB, 640x480
>>1081143
>Pic Relevant
>>
>>1081214
Hide ya wallets everyone
>>
File: mfw16.jpg (33 KB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
mfw16.jpg
33 KB, 450x320
>>1081338
>Le Tasteless Gentleman
>>
>>1081485
"What?
Your girlfriend is evolving..."
>>
>>1081581
Londonfag Millennial here:

We fucking LOVE those niggers. They work hard, have the best stories, keep up with us in the pub and are truly the most boss addition to any social group.
>>
>>1081913
https://www.google.de/search?q=saarland+bilder&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjLxvXP9v_KAhVBsxQKHUHBDOUQsAQIHw&biw=1920&bih=955#safe=off&tbm=isch&q=saarland+landschaft
>>
>>1081925
Yeah, thank you.
I too have searched google.
I was asking something more personal. Is that view so typical or can you post a pic of the actual road you were talking about?
>>
>>1081929
sry, dont have any pictures on this pc
but no, its all prettty much the same
hills, fields, little forests
small towns...
can answer questions
>>
>>1081921
And they slap their balls against your girlfriend gash and pump her full of polish mayo while you masturbate in the corner.
>>
>>1081910
Lol none. But some imbred hillbilly from Dalarna might come close in terms of over all prosody, google 'dalmål' and see for yourself.
>>
>>1081616
>I spent one year without Italians.
>It did fine for me. I became a very quiet person, but God knows if I miss my buddies.
Should have tried Brunswick or Carlton in Melbourne.
Wog central man.
>>
that fucking Bangladeshi dude who's staying "on business" and spends the whole time staring at girls
>>
>>1081938
Joke's on you! Women are repulsed by me!
>>
>>1078495

Oh jeez, britbong here.
>Met a perfect Aryan chick about 20ish whilst in America last year,
>super innocent, genuine, all-around nice girl.
>She was into yoga and had been travelling through places like Myanmar, Nepal, India, Sri Lanka
>I was about 2 months into this place when she showed up
>didn't drink or anything
>went on a few runs with me
>smoking weed regularly as a post-workout just because it was there and why not
>invite her in as she was curious
>both sitting on my cot side by side
>"Comfortably numb" comes on
*I cringe everytime I think back to this, I sincerely regret it*
>she's so bloody cute with it, has trouble taking a hit from the pipe
>help her with it, she giggles a little
>I'm absolutely fried but feeling 10/10
>after about a couple of minutes I notice she's sitting bolt upright
>"are you okay?" I ask
>she smiles nervously and shakes her head
>"I'm worried about my heart" she said in her german accent with another slightly more nervous laugh
>I slowly sit up
>calmly try to talk her down
>it wasn't very effective
>Gilmour's second solo is in full fucking swing
>this is the worst time for this song
>mfw
>she starts speaking in broken English
>slowly transitioning back to German
>in my limited knowledge of German, I could make out "I shouldn't be here-" "What is this feeling" and "I'm scared"
>her eyes fully tearing up and she's halfway towards full-on hyperventilating
>She legged it out my room and right back to hers

Reminiscing it is fucking awful, I sincerely regret everything that night. Still my favourite song though, just got whack memories to go along with it.

Let that be a lesson for ye all.
>>
>>1082230
what a wimp. lightweight panicking at the first signs that it's working. you failed man, you should've calmed her down.
>>
>>1082240

I'm a total aspie and never usually smoke with others.
Dang right I failed, that was kinda the whole point of the last passage.
>>
>>1079633
I'm northern Irish, I have nearly got in fistfights with nationalists abroad because I refer to Londonderry. They are well easy to wind up.
>>
>>1082230
>>1082230
Noob move. Never get a German or Scandi high for the first time. They'll lock up and freak and you won't get no punnnany.
>>
>>1081976
Been there. Dining there was not even that expensive.

Same spot in Rome would have been a scam.
>>
>>1082230
>>"I'm worried about my heart" she said in her german accent with another slightly more nervous laugh
>>calmly try to talk her down
That's the moment when you kiss her. Not the moment when you "talk her down".

Motherfucking nazi-hippy I am glad you let her go.
Fuck you hippie bastards. Your drug gets you women. Fuck you.

P.S.: I'm a hater, but my analysis of the moment is genuine. That was the moment when you kiss her. Full. Stop.
>>
>>1082310
Lol

Kiss her? She was having herself a little weed panic attack. That would not be ideal.
>>
File: 1440405979315.png (2 MB, 1172x888) Image search: [Google]
1440405979315.png
2 MB, 1172x888
>>1082310

I wasn't interested in her, it was just a friendly thing- and I'm guessing you've never witnessed someone bugging out like that if your reaction would be to kiss them.
>>
>>1080244
You won't believe how many other canadians I've met in my travels who talk to me like I'm dumb just because I mention I'm from BC.
>>
>>1079632

THis is SOOO fucking true.
>>
>>1081779
Americans can't learn languages.
I've heard plenty of Germans speaking excellent, unaccented or nearly unaccented English.
I'm anglophone, but I also speak French and Greek. My English accent is strong when I speak Greek, but my French is nearly unaccented, though when speaking to the French, they often assume I'm from Quebec.
>>
>>1082230
>Gilmour's second solo is in full fucking swing

O my sides, top kek man.
>>
>>1082230
>I could make out "I shouldn't be here-" "What is this feeling" and "I'm scared"
>wow, it's just like my anime!
fuck off faggot
>>
>>1081779
Lol, chill mal ein bisschen Brudi :*
>>
>>1082433
>Americans don't have a need to learn other languages
fixed that for you.

Anyone can learn other languages, it really come down to need.
>>
>>1082230
great story!

I hate that fucking song though..
>>
>>1079906
>brutally assaulted
>groped and molested women
>a group of 51

why are everyone but the russians such cucks
>>
>>1082310
>Having a first-time-pot-smokers panic attack
>proceed to rape her in the hopes of calming her down

I fail to see how you think this would be a good idea.
>>
>>1082662
You're some retarded liberal who won't leave the thread. Nobody cares about your third wave feminism
>>
>>1082662
You idiot. She was talking of "her heart" in a romantic sense.
Anyway, if somebody has a panic attack, you do not talk them down. You make them breath.

Either way, fucking anon didn't know what to do.
Either he missed the romantic step of the plot
Or he missed First Aid 101.

Either way, Anon fucked up.
>>
>>1082346
>I wasn't interested in her
Then I don't understand what your fucking story is about.
If you didn't want to bang her, what's sad about that story? The fact you never met again? Forever Alone kinda shit?

>She legged it out my room and right back to hers
Okay, panic attack or what? Asthma?
Ever took care of somebody who was completely dead-drunk?

These are not negative experiences. They are the kind of things you remember when you're old. What's the lesson to be learnt?
>>
>>1081901
if youre a 'published poet' youre ok
but if you call yourself a poet and write shitty 'your face is like the moon' poetry then you're a nerd
>>
>>1082353
bc is alright but everyone from bc is either asian or has a HUGELY overinflated ego
>>
>>1082672
>You idiot. She was talking of "her heart" in a romantic sense.
Not the guy you replied to, but was she? Do we know? Some weed does increase your heart rate almost uncontrollably. If you're a newb, and you're feeling a bit spaced out and perhaps paranoid anyway from your first cannabis experience, this can be unsettling. If you're not used to it and don't know how to navigate through a high until that stage passes, and especially if your assburger host hasn't properly prepared you, you'll have a bad time.

Either way, I agree OP definitely dropped the spaghetti.
>>
File: 1455225884864.jpg (19 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1455225884864.jpg
19 KB, 400x267
>>1082674
It's sad because it was a shitty experience, dingus.
>>1082672
No she wasn't you pleb, she was straight up having a panic attack
>romantic step of the plot
plebness +1
>>
>>1082699
>your face is like the moon
I'm more the kind of poet who writes:
"Your sweet face is like the moon
So I need a bag of goon
To forget that all that lard
Is like nature's worst play-card:
In Las Vegas well within
With the chips you went all in
And with pockets full of cash
Got your meals in many a stash.
Thus I drink, not to forget,
But to place the hardest bet:
If inside I slip with ease
And my semen I release
I'll for sure relax my bones
And give peace to my hormones".

Nah, just joking. English is not my first language.
>>
>>1081356

> Desperate to be young before they ruin their lives with their stupid kid.

I don't get this one. Did you know that some people actually want kids? Having a child doesn't mean you can't live your life anymore. I don't understand the notion that children ruin your life. It's not impossible to travel with kids and if they're very young it is preferable to take them with you than to leave them with someone else.
>>
>>1081851
>Und was soll ich sagen? Wir sind auf 4chan, und die Diskussion geht um Englisch, nicht Deutsch. Es ist dein butthurt Adolf, nicht meins.
Shit German uezs
>>
>>1083078
>>1081851
>Shit German uezs
It's fine. And "uezs" is already Denglish.

t. a non-butthurt German.

Seriously, you sperglords are making us look worse than Australians. Leave your basements already and shut up. Why should any foreigner speak 'perfect' German anyway?
>>
>>1082672
>t. Kissless virgin
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (138 KB, 1285x781) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
138 KB, 1285x781
Lived in a hostel here in Beijing for 38 days, waiting for my dorms to reopen.

Never really encountered these stereotypes, except for the lone arrogant autist or awkward single guy that tries and fails to hook up.

Here's a picture of the last group i went out with before moving back into my dorms. Minus me.

And if someone here actually recognizes me, please don't dox me. ;_; I did a good job leading you around Beijing, right?
>>
Australians
Sitting by the pool
Naked
On a pile of empty beer cans
Wanking
>>
>>1083380
Ahahahaha! You mean to say you were surrounded by all that young pussy and you didn't even get laid?

B E T A
E
T
A
>>
>>1082977
Mein sides oh my god

You are a great poet
>>
>>1083380
Each one is verifiably fuckable, including girl on the rightmost.

BETA
E
T
A
>>
>>1083639
>Each one is verifiably fuckable, including girl on the rightmost.
Confirmed. Would fuck everybody in the pic. Dudes included.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (84 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
84 KB, 1600x900
>>1083444

i actually have a girlfriend already, and i don't intend to like be one you hypocritical scum that cries about women being disloyal and whores while lusting for every woman he sees on the street, the same kind of pathetic teenage desperation for a quick fuck that repels them.

say what you will, but women are attracted to me because they feel comfortable around me, and i would imagine you can't say the same.
>>
>tfw going to Japan in a few months and I don't know if I have time to do everything I wanna do
Feels bad man. Guess that just means I'll go again in another year or two.
>>
>>1083732
>windows vista
>>
>>1081364
What exactly is the point of these cartoons?

If a stranger started harassing you in public while you were minding your own business I'd say that's justification to be irate.
>>
>>1083782

i'd explain but prefer to keep /b/-tier content off /trv/
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.