[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to Budapest in 25 hours. Can anyone give me the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: hanover fist.jpg (6 KB, 200x206) Image search: [Google]
hanover fist.jpg
6 KB, 200x206
I'm going to Budapest in 25 hours. Can anyone give me the lowdown on what to do? I'll be there for 3 days.
>>
Go up the castle hill on Buda
Cross a bridge over the Danube to the Parliament building
From there wander to St. Stephen's Basilica
Go to a kavehaz
Eat beef goulash for dinner
And that should about cover it for a timeframe like that.
Might also want to have some foie gras with a glass of Tokaji Aszu.
>>
>>1078187
Wait, misunderstood it as "for" 25 hours.
Well, whatever.
I can also recommend the local pâté, Dreher bock ("bak",) and taking a gander at Keleti station.
Don't drink the water.
>>
>>1078172
check out one of the baths (Király, Rudas and Veli Bej are Turkish baths, Gellért and Széchenyi are bigger, turn-of-the-century bathing complexes)

walk up to the Citadella on Gellérthegy

hike up to Normafa and check out the Elizabeth viewpoint

see the Budapest History Museum in Buda Castle

check out Aquincum, the nearby Gázgyári lakótelep and the two amphitheatres in Óbuda

take the H5 suburban train to Szentendre and stroll around the downtown area

do a pub crawl in the Jewish District (Kazinczy-Király-Wesselényi streets)

make a visit to Heroes' Square and the City Park behind it (it has a great zoo and a nice fake-castle built for the 1896 Millennium Celebrations)

stroll along the Danube Promenade (the pedestrian zone stretching from Lánchíd to Szabadság híd)

check out the garden of Várkert Bazár

spend a day walking around on Castle Hill, discover all its nooks and crannies

do all the bridges (except for Árpád híd, it's nothing special and the adjoining areas aren't too much of a spectacle either)

go to Margitsziget and drink a mug of mulled wine or something, see the ruins of a medieval monastery

take the stairs to the top of St. Stephen's Basilica and take in the view
check out one of the market halls (the most popular one is the Grand Market Hall on Fővám tér, but my personal favourite is the market hall in Hold utca, situated near the Parliament)

for somewhere to eat, I'd recommend the restaurants Kéhli (Hungarian cuisine, near Árpád híd), Fióka, Pastrami, Momotaro Ramen, the street food joints Attaboy, Black Cab Burger, Arriba Taqueria, Pad Thai, and the soup buffets of Leves. and Bors.
>>
>>1078172
there's a massage parlour in the airport that gives happy endings
>>
some local streetfood-ish things to try:
lángos
kürtős kalács (chimney cake)
>>
I'm going to Budapest in late march. I'm thinking of doing some shopping. I'm looking for a suit and/or tweed jackets. Know any good stores?

Also I was thinking about visit a shooting range to fire some of the guns I can't shoot in my home country. Know any reliable ones?

Nice restaurants is also appreciated
>>
File: zing-burger.jpg (30 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
zing-burger.jpg
30 KB, 550x367
>>1078621
there's a shooting range in the 11th district, on Repülőtéri út 6.

as for nice restaurants: for traditional Hungarian cuisine visit Kéhli in Óbuda, for a modern spin check out Fióka in Hűvösvölgy, for good burgers look up Zing Burger on Király utca or Attaboy near the Great Synagogue, for breakfast drop by Zoska, for great Japanese dishes visit Tokio near St. Stephen's Basilica, Trattoria Pomo D'oro and Café Alessio are both fine Italian restaurants, and for nice, traditional, inexpensive Asian cuisine sit in Momotaro in Széchenyi utca.
>>
>>1078652
thank you very much. How about shopping?
>>
>>1078656
I'm not really familiar with the world of suits and jackets, but as far as shopping goes, Váci utca is the city's main shopping street, but there are a lot of confections and big clothing chains present on Andrássy avenue as well (you might want to check out the tailoring salon of Stan Ahuja)
>>
File: 1351544171469.jpg (58 KB, 645x727) Image search: [Google]
1351544171469.jpg
58 KB, 645x727
>>1078660
thanks my anonymous Hungarian friend
>>
File: budapest.jpg (503 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
budapest.jpg
503 KB, 1280x850
>>1078661
nincs mit tesó
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.