[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how celebrated is Canada Day in Montreal? I know Quebec has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Canada (1).jpg (409 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Canada (1).jpg
409 KB, 1920x1080
So how celebrated is Canada Day in Montreal? I know Quebec has a questionable relationship with the rest of Canada, but will there at least be some sort of celebration? I'm heading to Montreal from June 26th - July 6th and staying at the M Montreal hostel and just wanted to know if there will be stuff to do on July 1st.

Speaking of Montreal,

any restaurants I can try out to get the Canadian experience?

Any places to check out?

Is there a train that I can take from Montreal to Quebec City or Toronto for a day or two?

What clubs should I look into?

Any pub crawls I should look into?

Any places outside of Montreal I should check and how to get there?
>>
>>1076871
It's still Canada, bro. Not some angry Uighur village in farflung China. Yes, there will be plenty of events. Only the buttmaddest of Quebec nationalists will stay away, and we're all the better for that!

Yes there are restaurants and 'places' to check out. As it seems like you've done zero research and expressed no interestes, I'm gonna skip replying to that until you give us more to work with.

Yes, there are trains (Via Rail), and busses too. Quebec city is a "day or two" kind of place, Toronto you'll need at least 3-4 days.
>inb4 buttmadd bitchfest about Toronto vs Montreal
>>
>>1076871
>Quebec has a questionable relationship with the rest of Canada

Easy far over-stated. Actual hostility to Canada is very rare; it's a matter of competing allegiances. More analogous to, say, Texas than Turkistan or whatever you have in mind.

But Ottawa is really the place to be for Canada Day, and it's close to Montreal. Also IIRC Canada Day is "moving day" in Montreal so a lot of people are occupied with that (leases run out / start then for whatever reason).
>>
>>1076898
*Turkistan = Kurdistan
>>
>>1076871
Fucking anglos, if you have Canada flag in MTL we will spit on you calisse bastards. Jour Ste. Jean de Baptiste is the real party, come here if you know french and I promise you will have fuck with many beautiful french girls.

>>1076882
>>>/Ontario/

Tabernac.
>>
I've heard Ottawa is actually a great place for Canada day. I mean, it makes sense cause it's the capital and all. My friends in Toronto go to Ottawa but it's actually decent in Toronto too (fireworks at the beach are crowded but still worth it imo).

Inb4 the Toronto shit storm. I'm sure Montreal will be fun. Don't sweat it op
>>
>>1076871
>>1076945
Yes, Ottawa's just 2 hours away - you can catch a bus or train for Canada Day. But if you can be in Montreal on June 24th, you'll have fun.
>>
>>1076945
I live in Ottawa and can confirm that Canada Day is pretty great here
>>
>>1077055
June 24 is the true party, Canada day is just when all the anglos act all stupid and get themself beat up in Québec

And Toronto is fucked up place, its just criminals and concrete you know, nothing good to see, no good places to drink, just some big buildings you know, you can do it in one day. Montréal is the more beautiful city, the girls are more pretty and you can drink all night long. It's much more chill and always have a lot going on. We have the largest comedy and fireworks festival in all the world, Toronto has just dirty streets and the crowds of paki indians everywhere.
>>
>>1077090
>false flagging montreal by pretending you're a stereotypical montrealer
>trying to start an argument on 4chan over whether toronto or montreal is better after OP specifically says no

I have never ever heard of any anglo getting beat up in Quebec for being nationalist since the 90's. The 'vive la quebec libre' meme is outdated, this generation outside of backwards rural areas dgaf dude
>>
>>1076871
I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba but I've been to Montreal a fair amount. Quebec does not celebrate Canada Day. In fact July 1 is when everyone lease ends and everyone in the city moves. They have another holiday that I can't remember the name of or the exact date.

It is legal to drink alcohol in any public park as long as you have food. Make sure to check out Tam Tam's. It's every Sunday Spring- Fall all day and really late at night. Thousands of people gather at the bottom of Mont Royal and drink and relax and listen or participate in large drum circles. DJ's and fire spinning at night but I think they cut down on that. People openly drink and smoke. It's also family friendly. Check out the streets St Catherine and St Dennis. Make sure to try a poutine. Foufounes Electriques is a great bar with really cheap beer during happy hour.
>>
>>1076871
>any restaurants I can try out to get the Canadian experience?
Get in line at one of the big delis and get yourself a smoked meat sandwich, and a poutine while you're there.
>>
>>1077090
>And Toronto is fucked up place, its just criminals and concrete you know, nothing good to see, no good places to drink, just some big buildings you know, you can do it in one day. Montréal is the more beautiful city, the girls are more pretty and you can drink all night long. It's much more chill and always have a lot going on. We have the largest comedy and fireworks festival in all the world, Toronto has just dirty streets and the crowds of paki indians everywhere.
>dat bait

Honestly, both cities are pretty ugly. The difference is only that Montreal is crumbling and hasn't been renovated much since the 1970s, whereas Toronto continues to build ugly buildings. Arguing which one is prettier is like two 40-year old obese in-bred yokels from some forgotten backwater who've had acid thrown on their faces jousting against each others' mobility carts with fat-walking canes trying to win a 'local beauty' fight no one cares about. Both places have dozens and dozens of good dining, drinking and nightlife options. Forget about the shit buildings, it's Canada after all, and enjoy yourself.
>>
File: Putin.jpg (160 KB, 690x769) Image search: [Google]
Putin.jpg
160 KB, 690x769
>>1077736
get yourself a what?
>>
>>1077645
True , i live in south shore of mtl and i often go to tam-tam at Mont-Royal. It has a very nice relaxing vibe. Anywere on St-catherine and St-Denis is great. You should check le Belmont for some good electronic music on Wednesday night or the weekend of course. Train or bus is very expensive i do not recommend. Try some carpooling. Another great bar relatively new is bar Nesta and cock and bull. The last one have 4L beer for 20$ :) !
>>
>>1076871
Celebration kinda depends person to person. But it's an official holiday so places will probably still be closed.

St. Catherine street has tons of restaurants. I recommend "Seoul Chako" if you wanna talk with friends while you eat, but you need a reservation if you wanna be sure to get a seat (was about 100 CAD for 3 people ). Otherwise you can take the metro to De L'Eglise/Verdun and check out tge black strap bbq. They have great wings, poutine, tons of stuff. The thing about Canada is we don't really have a unique cooking style. Just try to find unique restaurants.

North of Montreal you have the laurentians (I'm sure i spelled that wrong), which are beautiful, valleys n mountains n stuff. Of course, in Montreal there's mount royal, which has a great view of the city, since building laws prevent buildings taller than it.
>>
>>1076920
Nous autres on disait ainque "fucking anglo" au primaire. En plus c'est les anglo qui ont gagner la guerre. T'es tellement original.
>>
>>1077799
Don't skip on details, it's relaxing cause everyone is drunk/high. Oh, and on the other side of tge bongos is the rave people.
>>
>>1077799
>>1077822
I can't stand living in mtl. been trying to move to the states for years now.
>>
File: 1454471855449.jpg (76 KB, 509x514) Image search: [Google]
1454471855449.jpg
76 KB, 509x514
>>1077830
Well meme'd my friend.
>>
>>1078119
Is that a meme? I'm really not joking.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.