[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Study in China
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: beautiful-landscape-china-2.jpg (218 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
beautiful-landscape-china-2.jpg
218 KB, 1920x1080
Hey there /trv/

If you had the opportunity to study 6 months in China, in one of the following options:

1.- Xidian University in Xi'an, Shaanxi
2.- Wuhan University of Technology in Wuhan, Hubei
3.- Beihang University in Beijing, China
4.- Tongji University in Shanghai, China

What would choose and why?
Where do you live better?
Where is cheaper to live?
What is the best tourist spot?
Etc.

P.S. I am a middle class student, with a monthly income of 3,600 Chinese Yuan.
>>
If you want to experience a deeper Chinese life i suggest Xi An, awesome place. Amazing food, very cheap fun city and a good base for visiting many interesting places. Women will be easier then because there are not so many foreigners.

If you want an easier experience just go to Shanghai or Beijing which are more westernized.

I can't talk about Wuhan, i haven't been there.
>>
>>1076719

Unfortunately, with only 3,600 yen per month I have to pay rent, food, transportation and entertainment. I think the University accommodation is the cheapest option. What do you think Anon?
>>
>>1076864
Then with that money you shouldn't even consider shanghai or Beijing, it's just not enough if you have to pay rent with it.

You can always find a part time job in any of the cities though
>>
>>1076712
>>1075030
>>
>>1076712
Hey man I live in China in Shenzhen. I bought a 4chan pass to post here. Kind of sad that someone even purchased one.

I can't speak on behalf which university is best but I can offer my two cents.

Xi'an is a great city with thousands of years of history. It is a great point to travel to the more exotic parts of China. It will be harder living there than in Beijing/Shanghai. Xi'an has less options for Western food and less people there will speak English. There is a high chance that without access to anyone that can speak English, you'll spend most of your time in circles consisting of Westerners. Nothing wrong with that unless you're after a more "authentic" experience (whatever the hell that means). Can you speak Chinese?

But Xi'an won't be devoid of English speakers. The good news about being in any Chinese university is that everyone enrolled will speak English to some degree (all graduates need to pass an English test) so you can always befriend Chinese people to help you on your way.

As for "less foreigners in Xi'an, therefore less competition". Maybe there is some truth in that but don't let it go to your head. In a city like Xi'an you're more likely to meet a girl with a traditional mindset. You have to remember that casual sex isn't as common as you think. A girl will give you her virginity but not on the first night and not with some commitment on your behalf. That said, BJ/SH is a different beast all together.

With only 3600 rmb a month your best bet is a city like Xi'an or Wuhan. Not worrying about running out of money is a godsend. Even though I haven't been to Wuhan (or Beijing for that matter), I think you might find either a better choice. Wuhan is a modern and growing city that attracts young people at odds with the larger Tier 1 cities. I've had two friends leave Shenzhen for Wuhan.

I'll be around for a few more hours if you have some questions.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.