[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One Day Travel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1day.png (15 KB, 1176x484) Image search: [Google]
1day.png
15 KB, 1176x484
Hey /trv/

I saw the British guy that commuted from Sheffield to Essex via Berlin because it was cheaper than a direct train.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35424393

It kind of inspired me into trying out one-day excursions.

I guess this applies mostly to Eurofags because of the distance involved for anyone outside.

Ryanair has £9.99 flights to lots of Euro countries. Was wondering if anyone else has tried something similar?

Basically flying out in the morning to somewhere, and flying back at night, all within a single day seeing as much as possible and not staying in a hotel.

From London the options are pretty extensive, and I am thinking of doing it to Oslo, Copenhagen or Berlin because they aren't at the top of my list of places I want to see but still want to see them anyway.

Any experiences?
>>
>>1076277
My friend had an agreement with his employer in the UK to work 3 days onsite and 2 days remote. He lived in Poland and then France, Germany, Italy for 4 out of 7 days a week.
It was amazing, I visited him at Poland - awesome place and he paid like 10-20 pound for the tickets.
>>
>>1076277
I do 2 day trips all the time. Doing it in one day is usually more stress than fun unless you can get the first flight out departing not later than 7:00 and return with a flight that won't depart before 21:30.

Hostels or a Ibis room for a night are usually around 30€ so it won't add much to the bill and you can enjoy a nice dinner in the evening and get a taste of the nightlife.
>>
>>1076285

OP here.

Ended up buying flights from London to Copenhagen.

£9.99 there
£7.02 back

Opted for an over nighter - hotel was £42, but sharing cost with GF.

So total cost £38.01 each.

For comparison I just bought a pizza for £12.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.