[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For all those looking for a wondrous and majestic journey ..I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Petra-By-night.jpg (330 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Petra-By-night.jpg
330 KB, 900x600
Born in Jordan but Canada is my new home now..but i will never forget you Petra.
>>
>>1073586
Nope, ISIL.
Too dangerous.
>>
Should be absolutely beautiful. But there is WAY too big a risk to accidentally go on a "star in your own beheading video" excursion.

I don't know how other people feel about this, but for me personally the entire middle east and North Africa are an absolute no-go travel-wise at the moment.
>>
>>1073590
Jordan is easing visa restrictions, bolstering security for tourist spots and obviously prices are shooting down. Realistically if you're government is letting you fly to a country the you should be alright. Even when a country is in difficulty, road blocks will stop you from entering the hot areas..
>>
>>1073590
>I don't know how other people feel about this, but for me personally the entire middle east and North Africa are an absolute no-go travel-wise at the moment.
Well, I have felt the same for about 3 years now. I would have carved out some areas of the world as passable, but which I won't step into the countries at all now, whatsoever.

I could do Israel, and that's if I had a full fare ticket home, and I'd stay close to the news the whole time.
>>
>>1073588
>>1073590
You guys are just stupid. ISIL isn't in Jordan, they're in Syria, they're different countries ffs. The last time there was a terrorist attack in Jordan was some 10 years ago.

t. European living in Lebanon. Spoiler alert: I'M NOT BEHEADED YET
>>
>>1073588
>>1073590
Jordan is perfectly safe, especially a major destination such as Petra. There are armed guards on patrol and hardly any tourists in Petra.
>>
>>1073586
not to nit pick but i prefer not being burned to death in a cage when traveling but thanks for the suggestion
>>
>there are people in the thread who doesn't know the difference between Jordan and Syria

Take your pick morons:
>>>/pol/
or
>>>/int/
>>
sorry but not a fan of Egyptian terror cells in Jordan filming my execution and than posting it online like it's a call of duty montage
>>
>>1073586
>Born in Jordan but Canada is my new home now
I hope you go back soon cause there's already too many of you fucking ragheads here shitting up our beautiful cities.
>>
Shame on you stupid cunts in this thread. I didn't expect to see so much stupidity and ignorance here. Stay classy you pussies
>>
>>1073586
Went to Petra back in 2008 when I was in Jordan.

It's neat, not that those staged and photoshopped photos represent reality.

Although Jordanians are nicer than Egyptians (not as poor, less demands for baksheesh), Jordan is overall a little bit boring. 4-5 days and you've seen it all. Jerash, Mount Nebo, Petra, Dead Sea. Amman is a wasteland. Nothing that interesting to do, nothing much to eat but baklava and shawarma.

Jordan is safe though. A few cheating cabbies was the first of it. I had a considerable travel beard at the time (I've got light-brown hair, but my facial hair is distinctly reddish, prob because my dad is a ginger), and everyone kept asking me (in Arabic) if I was Syrian, which I thought was amusing. One cabbie called me "Suleiman", and I guess took me for a convert, and was rambling on in very broken English about "Ummah good! al-Ikwan Muslim [i.e. Muslim Brotherhood, a banned party in Jordan], yes yes!". I took this to be more amusing than frightening though. At the hotel there were also two guys I chatted with at breakfast one morning, who turned out to be Hezbollah sympathisers (and I guess Shia). Slightly terse at first, but once they realized I wasn't a spook or totally ignorant to middle easten history, we had a good bitch fest about Israeli politics.

>>1073765
This, to be honest. If you're Christian, that's cool, but I really don't think devout Muslims belong in the west. Nothing personal. Deep down you know it's true and that you don't belong here either.
>>
>>1073600

The people that say this are always the people that are living there.

Turks were also pissed that people thought their country would have terrorist attacks. Then it had 3 in a single year.

Tunisia also was safe and it had 2 terrorist attacks where many tourists died.

Don't fool yourself, just because it didn't happen yet it doesn't mean it won't. When things happen they happen quick and there's nothing in North Africa and the Middle East that is worth the hassle. or even the slightest worry.
>>
>>1073849
Jordan however has a relatively small and affluent (by local standards) population. The royal family is popular. Politics aren't as 'free' or uncorrupt as say Europe, but for the region are fairly open. In short, there wasn't as much discontent.

Now, all the Iraqi and Syrian refugees, and the Palis... that's another story.
>>
>>1073879
I'm not Arab or Muslim, bro. Lrn2read.
>>
>>1073765
>>
>>1073803
/pol/ stops by from time to time to shit on everything. Mods are pretty good about cleaning up after them
---> if shit gets reported.

Beyond that, not much can be done except the ancient rule of dealing with trolls -- do not feed.
>>
>>1073829
>Deep down you know it's true and that you don't belong here either.

They would all leave the moment western countries stopped giving them welfare.
>>
>>1074259
Pretty much.

A lot (even if not 'all') of the refugees in Europe (where I live) this summer have rather entitled attitudes, and little appreciation. I think it's mostly naivety/ignorance, and never really thinking about *why* Europe had social welfare in the first place. Sadly, to many of them it's just free money and white bitches. Many will not ever integrate or change to western classic liberal values, but remain the mentally medieval goat herders they are. I'm ok with the proven best and brightest and the secular coming in controlled numbers, but the Europeans responsible for letting in so many are making a huge fucking mistake just to save face. The other problem is that wars in the middle east haven't helped anything, and Syria should've been handled years ago, so fuck Bush and Blair too.
>>
i DON'T WANT TO DIE
>>
File: 1453262783994.gif (616 KB, 338x253) Image search: [Google]
1453262783994.gif
616 KB, 338x253
>>1073625
>>1073765
>>1073590
>>1074274
>>1075558
>>1073829
god damn /trv/ you've become pretty ignorant lately
>"bitch fest" about a country you're not even a citizen of.
what're you even doing
>>
is that the fucking Indiana Jones Last Crusade temple?
>>
>>1075564
I figure the sjw war is forcing all of stormfront off the rest of the social net and into /pol/, but they just don't all fit.
>>
>>1075564
I'm German, myself. I have seen the swarms first-hand. Many are teenagers or early 20s men, and definitely not Syrian (too dark, or too African). the majority will never have anything to contribute to Europe while take take taking. No demographic 'crisis' is worth importing millions of uneducated uncivilized skitskins.

You don't have to be /pol/ or a stormnigger to see it that way. The problem is rather you bleeding-hearts that want to blindly ram down your hippie vision on the rest of us.

I've also been to the Middle East, fwiw.
>>
File: tipsfedora.gif (1 MB, 292x278) Image search: [Google]
tipsfedora.gif
1 MB, 292x278
>>1073586
>Born in Jordan
>but Canada is my new home now
Sounds about right.
>>
>all the butthurt in this thread about sand nigs
>lollll
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.