[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you Overlook St. Louis, MO?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 280x180
This is a cool and cheap city with great neighborhoods and history. Architecture is amazing and virtually all tourist attractions are free or cheap. Good Baseball team if you are in to that. 2nd best zoo in america and its FREE, all Museaums are FREE. Beer and food is cheap and great stl style food, BBQ, Pizza, Toasted Ravioli, good craft beers. Add STL to your next cross country road trip or as a destination. Gateway arch is undergoing a massive renovation, central west end is named one of the best neighborhoods in america, delmar loop named best commercial district, forest park named best public space (which also hosted the 1904 worlds fair, and now all free attractions meuseams, zoo, etc) Soulard neighborhood is historic/cool and is about to host Mardi Gras (2nd best in america just after NOLA)
once the 3rd largest and 2nd richest city in america there is a lot of cool buildings to look at as well.

Give St Louis a try for good food, awesome neighborhoods, Cheap& Free times..

sorry for unorganized post, this is stream of consciousness writing.
>>
File: download.jpg (15 KB, 253x199) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15 KB, 253x199
Bumping with photos.
Soulard Mardi Gras.
Not the only cool neighborhood in st louis, but a great entertainment district with historic french buildings.
also Anheuser Bush Brewery is located in Soulard as well.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 275x183
Lafayette Square Neighborhood.
Upscale clean nice place to walk around
>>
File: images (2).jpg (14 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
14 KB, 300x168
BEVO NEIGHBORHOOD
Largest Bosnian Population outside of Bosnia lives in this neighborhood. stl loves little bosnia.
also have little italy neighborhood, (the Hill) and Large concentrations of Mexicans with great resturants and culture/ festivals on Cherokee Street.
>>
File: benton-park-63104-20110730-11.jpg (48 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
benton-park-63104-20110730-11.jpg
48 KB, 500x374
My neighborhood
Benton Park, historic buildings, almost all of stl is brick if you cant tell, you can only see that in select cities in America.
also home to the Lemp Mansion, one of the most haunted places in the world,
rich brewery mogul family, fell in to debt after prohabition, lots of murder and suicide in the home. now its a bed and breakfast and host cool events, and serve good food.
>>
>>1071781
Sounds like a fine city, but it appears to be kind of in the middle of nowhere. When I visit the U.S. I'll probably stick to an area where a lot of stuff is right next to each other.
>>
>>1071781
Yes all the white people in St. Louis are absolutely kind and civilised people I cannot argue with you there
>>
>>1071967
What about the other people?
>>
>>1071781
Because if I am trapped in MO I prefer KC to STL.
>>
Don't forget the awesome city museum!
>>
>>1071969
Nothing wrong with the "other" people, just the person above is a racist. it is a city there is crime. Stl gets a bad wrap as being a very dangerous city. Bad parts and good parts. Part of being an urbanite or traveling in urban areas is knowing how to navigate and what areas to avoid.
>>
>>1071980
One of the coolest things in America.
>>
>>1071973
>Kansas Shitty
enjoy your meth, cookie-cutter suburban sprawl, and bad bbq
>>
Six Flags over STL is a must visit in the summer months. Also, if you have never had a Schlafly White Lager you are missing out bigtime. Best craft beer on the planet as far as I am concerned. STL is a wonderful place to live. Unfortunately crime and poverty are sneaking into what were once fertile areas, like Florissant. If you like the city and want to live here and avoide the variables I suggest placss like o'fallon MO, or the Illinois metro area, like Edwardsville. Love my STL. It has long been schafted its rightful place on the world-stage. All we need is a jumpstart in this city and we will be a metropolis once again.

Also, T-ravs. And Ftiz's brewry. And the bottleworks. And Urban Chestnut. And Vintage Vinyl. I love this city.
>>
>>1071969
>>1072194
These black apologist cucks should spend a day or two in East St Louis, let's see what happens then.

As for the city itself I've heard that it's pretty boring, not a lot to do outside of the downtown area and the occassional baseball game. Then again it IS Missouri.
>>
>>1072202
If you're here in the winter it will be boring. Stopping here on your way through for a couple days may bear all the fruit you need. I'll stress this, if you aren't hungry there isn't much to do downtown. In the summer, though, you can visit Six Flags, cahokia mounds, Maremac Caverns, museums, Raging Rivers, Lock & Dam, walk the Delmar Loop, Science Center and Omnimax Theater, and of course The Arch. Plenty of stuff for a week in STL. Don't expect paradise, just come for the culture.
>>
>>1072208
Try and hunt down Kyle Baker and Reginald Hudlin's graphic novel:Birth Of A Nation".
>>
>>1072211
So what would happen if East STL decided to be its own nation? I definitely don't think it would be properous.
>>
>>1072202
I live 2 miles from downtown and never go downtown, or hardly ever. I and everyone I know that live in the city make the opposite argument. Stl is good for its neighborhoods which is unique that outside the down town you have actives to do. Of all things mentioned in this post only things in down town are spoting events, schafly brewery and city meuseam. Everything else is outside of the down town. So I wouldn't knock stl untill u leave downtown.
>>
File: image.jpg (997 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
997 KB, 2592x1936
Random pic from a central west end roof top stl
>>
Though the Rams are leaving it had to be a decent city to support multiple sports teams, right? Plus Nelly.
>>
>>1071969
>people
>>
>>1072214
It wouldn't last. ESL went down fast when the railroads pulled out. I assume you read the comic?
>>
>>1072695
Nope, I've just lived outside STL my whole life. East STL is the hemorrhaged asshole of an otherwise great city.
>>
>>1071781

Because I lived there for three years and in many ways it's also a shithole.
>>
>>1072708
U must have lived in the suburbs like so many others who claim they live in stl or know stl but live 30 miles away from the city so don't actually know the culture or good spots. Stl like most other American cities are sour rounded by nowhere generic suburbs then farm land after that. Yes suburbs r shit. City itself is a good place to be and visit.
>>
>>1071781
I love how St. Louis is the only city (which I know of) what has free meuseams (art, history, science) and zoo. Which states that education an culture are not for the privileged but it anyone and everyone has the right to learn. I don't wanna pay 60$ to visit a zoo that isn't as good as the free zoo, or 30$ for an art museum. You can also see a free musical at the muny ( largest outdoor theater this side of Mississippi River), stl is a place where you can endure in culture for free. That's a plus
>>
File: defiance.jpg (73 KB, 621x337) Image search: [Google]
defiance.jpg
73 KB, 621x337
>>1071781
>Why do you Overlook St. Louis, MO

Because it's shit. Boring, and ugly.
>>
>>1072480
Don't forget Vincent Price. Webster Groves boy.
>>
>>1072713
>only city with free museums

Dude, get out more.

>endure in culture

Chuckled.
>>
>Why do you Overlook St. Louis, MO?

Because literally everything you are boasting about can be found in other, more interesting cities along with a multitude of other things that you lack.
>>
>>1072808
this is true
>>1072713
but this is also true.

it has good value for being so cheap to live in, but at the same time its obviously overshadowed by more culturally significant cities like Chicago. st. louis hasn't produced any worthwhile culture which is why some people find it boring, but its a pretty livable city
>>
>>1071781

Resident here, this place sucks balls. I really hope the rest of my country isn't as dull as this place is.
>>
This STL place has the fattest waddling around citizens I have ever seen in any American city by far. I like it better than Chicago though.
>>
>>1071781
Boring, ghetto, trashy, irrellevant, populated by rednecks and clueless midwestern soccer moms, high obesity
>>
>>1072713
So it has all the gibs muh dat you can ask for!
>>
>>1072948
Resident? Or do u live in chesterfield
>>
>>1072980

Richmond Heights and I go a little bit of everywhere around town. I'm not one of those priviledged west county fucks.
>>
>>1072954
The city used to be the second largest garment center especially shoes. If you wore shoes,they were made in St. Louis.
>>
>>1072985
maybe thats why. The post is about the CITY of STL not the suburbs.
>>
>>1072713
>free meuseams (art, history, science) and zoo

dc has all of this
>>
>>1072954
This. City is comprised of three types of people, all of the above ignorant and unpleasant.

>>1073163
If I ever travel via time machine I'll be sure to drop by St. Louis and thank the residents for any shoes I buy in the past.
>>
>>1074914
DC has better ones too only perk in STL is short lines
>>
>>1074403
new to this thread but damn you are one uppity pretentious fuck.Richmond heights is like what 5-10 min from the south side and the park. your as bad as the retarded suburbanites from St. Charles who have never been to the city because it is "dangerous and nothing to do there anyway".

fellow STL anon :*

>>1074921
you have the Smithsonian which rules the US in museums but our zoo is actually better.

STL is great to live in if you have a decent job and prefer 2nd tier cities. Its no NYC or Chicago but for the size it is much better than say KC, Indianapolis, Phoenix, Orlando, etc
>>
>>1074914
OP here: please get that my post is not meant to creat a debate on ehat cities r the best. This is not a debate of what cities are better. Dc is a great place and I wanna visit. DC has a large tourist draw people want to visit. What my post is stating is that stl is a good place to visit or that if you are doing a road trip add stl to your itenerary. I think ppl are over looking a great city not trying to say that saint louis is the best city in America
>>
>>1075109
I agree with his second point. Don't sleep on stl and it's a great secvond their city. nailed it
>>
>>1075109
>StL
>Much better than KC
hardly, I agree on the others though.
>>
I fux wit da STL
NELLYVILLE
>>
This STL place has the most fat pasty mouthbreathers staggering around I have ever seen anywhere.

Also, the samefagging in this thread is off the charts.
>>
>>1075873
isnt that the whole midwest?

Ive only posted once here:
>>1075109
>>
Ill be in STL for 3 weeks in late march-early april, anything special going on then?
>>
>>1071781
Anything I could do in STL I could also do in KC at a cheaper price and with less urban decay and general blight.

Not that the Midwest is even worth visiting.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.