[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buzludzha Monument, Bulgaria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: DSC_04401.jpg (210 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
DSC_04401.jpg
210 KB, 1024x683
So in a few days, ill be in Bulgaria all by myself for 3 days before i head onward into Romania and one thing that i have always wanted to see is the Buzludzha Monument in the mountains (pic related).

For me its a combination of cold war history, abandoned places, awe inspiring architecture and communist ideology that drives me to want to go to this place, even though it is a very large detour on what is a very small trip into Bulgaria.

Ever since i saw a post about it on trv 2 years ago by some anon ive wanted to go there and visit it for myself, though as an Australian its obvious that such an opportunity doesn't come around often, though im in the area now and im willing to make a side trip to see it.

As this is the place that i first heard about it, im hoping some anons might have been there recently and know how to get there because the information on the internet is all years old, currently i'm traveling solo and thus have a few questions...

1. How do i get there? Ill be staying in Sofia but have the chance to come down to Kazanlak (the closest major town) for a night.
2. Whats the security situation? Is it guarded, because i know its officially 'closed' and the doors sealed (though i know theres other entrances where people have broken in).
3. Is it dangerous? I have proper winter gear and hiking boots, desu im more worried about shady Bulgarian men with knives hiding in the dark waiting for tourists.

PLEASE, if anyone has any info on the place id really appreciate it...

Even better, if you knew a local or guide that could take me there it would be fab, just come contact details, desu i really just dont want to go alone because i dont know the area, its cold and its abandoned, i dont travel solo much so its a tad spooky.

Dont want to miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, because if pics are anything to go by it looks like it will be a pile of rubble within the decade.
>>
>>1071304

Ask your hotel if they do 'ufo' tours.

They generally last about a day and leave from Sofia.

Also yeh, dont go alone in winter, the place is prone to blizzards.
>>
I gotchu senpai
http://bulgaria-communismtours.com/one-day-tour-to-buzludzha-monument/
Am bulgarian and would be nice to visit, if I can get some more 4chan memelord friends to alleviate the cost and have a nice day trip with you, would be interesting

talk to me at [email protected]
>>
>>1071304
How much would you be willing to spend, friendo? I can drive you there along with >>1071554
>>
>>1071559

I think i'd be willing to spend around 20-30 Euro's, im just a student so im pretty limited in cash but i could spend that and probably shout you lunch or something.

You'd need to be cheaper than
>http://bulgaria-communismtours.com/one-day-tour-to-buzludzha-monument/

>>1071554

Thanks anon, ill shoot you an email and see if we can organise something for cheap.
>>
>>1071304

>because if pics are anything to go by it looks like it will be a pile of rubble within the decade.

Went there 2 years ago, i'd be surprised if it hasn't fallen down already, though its still an amazing building and warrants a visit, its in very poor condition.

I went in winter too, its very snowwy, hope you have proper hiking books and winter jacket.
>>
>>1071664

Thanks for the advice, ive brought some ski gear with me so i should be fine, more worried about getting lost in a blizzard.
>>
Im going in early feb and it looks like something that id be interested in, you still going to be around then?
>>
>>1071885

Nah sorry, I'm only there for a few days at the end of January .
>>
>>1072090

Shame, i get a feeling its a very difficult place to visit independently. I think your best off asking at your hotel if they have any friends that can take you.
>>
>>1071885
We and OP talked but everything fell apart due to the scheduling we all had. Anyway, if you're still up for it and are more flexible with scheduling, e-mail me and let's do something.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.