[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I'm heading to Charleston, SC to spend this next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 4168274_orig.jpg (89 KB, 640x317) Image search: [Google]
4168274_orig.jpg
89 KB, 640x317
Hey guys,

I'm heading to Charleston, SC to spend this next weekend there.

Have you ever been to Charleston? Did you enjoy it?
Do you have any tips?
>>
I've been there, it was awesome

if you like museums there's quite a bunch in there, plus a few historical buildings with a interesting story, like the exchange and provost building.

it's all more or less in the same place (historical district). there's also a pretty nice market there, if you're into shopping.

Fort Sumter is also a pretty marketed touristic area but I wouldn't recommend you to go there, it's kinda boring unless you really like civil war forts.

if you're into military stuff there's a place called Patriots Point right after crossing the bridge on your OP pic. It's awesome, it has a big aircraft carrier, a submarine and a ship, plus a few vietnam style vehicles. You can go inside all of them, and if you take your time you might spend a whole morning checking it out.

other than that you can just take a walk around the city, the houses are beautiful and overall it's a great city with a small town feeling.
>>
I live in Charleston. I can tell you about some things to try and some things to avoid.

Things to avoid: Hymen's Seafood Restaurant. It's a tourist trap of the most foul levels.
Avoid America street unless you like getting mugged.

Do your research and ask the locals, they are really friendly and willingly to point you towards whatever food you are in the mood for. I recommend Basil for Thai food, Poogan's Porch for southern cuisine, Edmond's Oast for craft beer and food ( they have a brewery in the restaraunt) , and the Tattooed Moose for an awesome duck sandwich.

Most of the clubs are on King Street as far as the night life is concerned, but there is some fun stuff on market street as well.

I also think there is good food in West Ashley too. Early Bird Diner and Boxcar Betty's come to mind.

Mt. Pleasant is ok. There's some good food around and little strip mall called town center that's pretty neat.
>>
>>1070386
Did you visit the plantations?

We were thinking about Magnolia.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.