[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Budapest for 14 hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
So I have 14 hours to spend in Budapest and almost no money. What are some cool free things to do there? Of course I want to walk around the city and see the architecture, but are there any free museums?
>>
>>1067904
Speak Hungarian?
>>
>>1067904
The thermae maiores under the overpass leading up to Árpád bridge in Buda is free to visit, a pretty under the radar sight but well worth the fifteen minutes of travel from downtown Budapest.

Also, there's two open air amphitheatres nearby, one at Aquincum and the other in Nagyszombati utca.

Anyways there are a couple of threads about Eastern Europe and Budapest up on this board right now, look them up and see if there's anything to your liking.
>>
>>1067904
>>1067918
If so, try chatting with locals. I find it rewarding to talk with strangers when visiting a new place, especially if they are from there.
>>
Also, what's the cheapest way to get from the airport to the city Centre? How long does it take?
>>
>>1067935
There's a phblic transport bus which departs every 10-15 minutes from the airport and will take you to the terminus of M3 metro, which you can use to get to downtown (get off at Deák Ferenc tér). It takes about 30-40 minutes tops.
>>
http://www.freebudapesttours.hu/free-tours

Some museums are free if you're an EEA citizen under 26 years.

You can always try the art of riding the public transport without a valid ticket if you're looking for free, it is easier for locals, though.
>>
>>1068760
lol i think its easier for foreigners because bus officers don't speak english, you can basically just walk away (you can walk away anyway)
>>
What's the easiest way to get from the airport to city downtown at night (00.00 something)? By bus?
>>
>>1069774
Bus 200E departs from the airport at 00.21 and terminates at the KÖKI stop from where you can take either the 960 or 914 buses to downtown
>>
>>1069774
easiest is always taking a taxi (must be around 20 euros).

cheapest is >>1069792
google maps also lists all the public transport options. this option is like 2-3 euros.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.