[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
South Korea - Seoul
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: South Korea - Seoul.png (71 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
South Korea - Seoul.png
71 KB, 2000x1333
Hi, I'm planningto make a trip (2 or 3 weeks) to South Korea (I'm from Europe).

What's the best period of the year? Besides visiting Seoul what can one do there (DMZ etc.)? Are 2 weeks enough or should I stay for 3 weeks?

How about hotels/money etc? Other suggestions? I am a bit of a lazy person so I plan to visit some places, but nothing too "active"...

Also SK-general thread I guess
>>
I do want to know this too
>>
>>1067223
bump?
>>
Maybe people don't like south korea
>>
Summer is it is very hot and humid but this is the time where you see a lot of tourists. Winter it is pretty cold but since you're from Europe I will assume this wont really matter.

choice is yours

Besides Seoul (depending on your interests, you can spend your full 2 weeks there honestly), there is also Busan, the port city down South. There are other big cities like Daejeon and Daegu but it doesn't compare to Seoul and not a tourist hotspot anyway

I would stay within Seoul and Busan for the majority of your time. If you do end up wishing to visit Busan, I would recommend visiting SK in the summer, as Busan is known for their beaches.

Hotels in Seoul will cost you around 50-60 a night, so I would recommend you either stay in a hostel (they are everywhere and very cheap, around 5 bucks a night) or sleep in 24 hour saunas which are equally just as cheap. If you are a lazy person, I would say just spend your time in Seoul. There are more than enough places to visit with minimal walking (just use the subway or taxis) with plenty of stuff to do (bars, clubs, places to eat, tourist attractions, historical villages and monuments etc.)
>>
>>1067567
didnt specify the hotel costs well enough

when I say 50-60, thats in US dollars, and that is around 50,000 - 60,000 won which is around 38 - 45 euros. These are for hotels that arent that fancy either

5 US dollars = 5000 won which is around 3.7 euros.
>>
>>1067563
And many people do like it.

Me, it was not my favorite. I had the oddest sense of being in a country that desperately wanted to be another country -- like that girl in high school who aped all the interests and mannerisms and clothes of the popular girl. S. Korea really secretly wants to be Japan, culturally. The parts I saw, at least, were not particularly pretty -- dry dust is OK if you are into that, I guess -- but I do understand that I did not see a significant percentage of the country. 9 was there on business, not as a /trv/ler other than in my spare time.

Folks there were perfectly nice to me, I'll give them that.
>>
For two weeks, you can literally visit every major SK city and probably eat there.

Try your best to visit celebs there just for the heck of it and take a selfie with at least one of them.

Have some goals during your visit!!! ALWAYS HAVE FUCKING GOALS TO ALL TRAVEL PLANS.

Anyways, just pack your shit and grab 10 grand with you.

Maybe you will meet a south korean /trv/ browser there... or just go lurk on /pol/
>>
>>1067567
No way bruh. Summer was the best time for me 2 years ago. So much to see and do. In comparison I also went in Winter for Xmas and NY, completely dead.

To be honest, unless you plan on doing about a week's worth of travel outside of Busan/Seoul/Gyeoungju, you'll get bored. Tour around Gangwondo to the East. It is easily the most beautiful part of Korea. All of it.
>>
>>1067223
I've lived in Korea for 2 years. Fall is the best time to visit hands down. Not too hot, not too cold, and amazing colors everywhere.
>>
Hello /trv/

I am wondering how to get budget/cheap overnight stays in Korea too. I planning to travel around the country and hike some mountains.

Perhaps a few days Seoul again is alright, but I have seen some of the major spots already. I wanna travel more in the countryside to be honest. Even though it's my first time to be entirely alone and perhaps internet won't be working at all times, so I would like to plan some things out.

Anyone can help me out on this one? Or any recommendations?
An overview of the costs (Imma stay 2 months)
>>
>>1067223
2 weeks? Jesus christ. I'd recommend 4 to 5 days in Seoul, then go to Japan for the rest of the trip.
>>
You might get very bored in Korea over two weeks, man. I guess try to make the most of it. Go down to Busan as well, and Jeju Island.
>>
>>1067567
>>1067570
Thanks for yur advice

>>1068207
>>1068235
I'll see if i can go at the end of the summer/start of fall, thanks

>>1068688
>>1068705
If it is really this boring after a week, I might do a week in Korea and 1 week in Japan
>>
>>1067223
Skip the DMZ trip. Its boring and fake and at the end you get dropped at a shitty restaurant. It is also pretty expensive, especially if you don't want to take the very early morning trip.

If you are interested in North Korea I recommend The Red Chapel. Its a Danish documentary that is funny and moving at the same time.
>>
>>1068725
"end of summer"

august is still hot as FUCK, I recommend the middle of October for optimal visit.
>>
>>1068588
The only way to save money on accom while travelling in Korea is:

> stay at a jimjilbang (24hr sauna. You sleep on a mat on the floor of a gymnasium style room that gets very hot in summer. You wear a uniform like everyone else and there will be 100 others sleeping next to you and snoring loud).

> find cheap hostels for $15-20 a night.

> be a girl and use couchsurfing. (I let a cute girl stay at my place in Seoul for 2 months. In return she paid for my meals, cleaned my house without asking me, and had sex with me). I didn't ask for any of it, but she insisted. Felt like i had a wife. Good times.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.