[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you been to Tibet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1-121101161415-900x675.jpg (171 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1-121101161415-900x675.jpg
171 KB, 900x675
Have you been to Tibet?
Let's share the informatioms.
>>
of course
>>
File: potala-palace-117.jpg (131 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
potala-palace-117.jpg
131 KB, 960x540
I haven't been but I always thought that palace looked dream like and imagined a remote settlement at the peak of a mountain. But it's always purposefully photographed from that angle that makes it look like the top of a mountain. Seeing it like the photo I'm posting really deflated the tibet fantasy for me.
>>
>>1066358
first time i see
it's really low likely
>>
>>1066358
Yeah, well... welcome to traveling
>>
>>1066358
still a better Erodas than Mt Sunday

As for tibet, it's shit now China has fucking ruined it
>>
>>1066361
It looks really ghey in this pic

Really though does anyone know if tibet has that otherwordly feel ? It sounds stupid but I wanna lose myself somewhere like batman at the start of batman beginning where he's in the bhutan prison. Now I don't wanna go to prison but I love the exotic feeling of the movie and I imagine it's actually an amalgam of places like Tibet in addition to Bhutan.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 299x168
>>1066404
its me from above..pic didn't post...trying again
>>
>>1066351
Idk how the situation in Tibet is right now but. A few years ago you couldn't wonder around freely in Tibet and you needed a Tibetan guide with u at all times. And Except for Lhasa there weren't a lot of places you were aloud go (even with a guide). I guess It's pretty hard to fulfill your dream when doing thing legally.

If.. you would choose to go to Tibet Illegally and you get caught.. You had to pay a fine and could be spending several days in a local jail before being placed over the border.

I don't know how accurate this information is today, but it used to be +- this way.
>>
>>1066413
dont worry now we can visit there fancy free
>>
>>1066417

Just looked it up. It's still compulsory to join travel tour with guide out of the hotel.
>>1066413 was right
>>
I think most mountains are off limits too, so no real point visiting
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.