[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what to wear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 0
sup guys. so im going on a 4 week stay on romania on mid january. what should i bring and wear? and what if i wear socks with chuck converse there?

im from tropical southeast asian country so i dont know about this things

pic unrelated
>>
>>1065374
Sounds cold. The right socks to wear will be a blend that contains wool. Think hiking/skiing/boot sock that contains some ability to make your feet last hours for walking in your shoes, and also not get cold if you perspire or get some snow in there. There's a saying in colder climates that "if it's cotton, you're dead."
>>
>>1065376
any recomendation on shoes?

also bringing a number of long johns, sweater / turtleneck and warm jackets should be enough isnt it?
>>
>>1065374
I'm from Miami, anon. When I plan my packing, I tend to go high-tech brands suited for my needs. So, not sure if you have that access or disposable income, either or. I know, even in my great city, that it's really hard to find a 3-in-1 shell at a local store that isn't $$$ at like a Burlington or ski shop, and that you can land in Anchorage, and get one at the local Wal-Mart for $25 or hit up some great gear stores in D.C. before an overseas flight and get like a Eastern Mountain sports shell and nice socks. So, catalogs might be your friend, esp offseason prices if you will be doing anything sporty. But, for shoes, it's great to break them in before the trip, wearing them around the house for a couple of weeks in the A.C. So, buy now, or don't sweat it, and go shopping locally. Even cheap kmart level 'coleman" hiking shoes (made in china) aren't too bad with the right socks, inserted insoles, and a boost of spray-on weather spray. Romania is not considered "expensive" for shopping if you want to beeline from the airport to the mall.

What you need to buy, whether all purpose hiking, or waterproof (or waterproof sprayed), or nice men's shoes, or good sneakers is up to your plans. If you will be walking on cobblestones for any length of time, you need to think about slippery ice, or firmer soles to keep your feet from feeling the rocks. There's a good all purpose middle ground in running shoes intended for cross-country (think forest hiking running) because of the great cushioning and soles both. A basic doc martin can be nice too. Shoes for chefs/industrial brands like dickies can provide nonslip soles and ability to dress up or down and insert insoles for cheap, too.
>>
>>1065380
runners, some formal shoes (if you want), boots if you want to hike around, thongs for the beach/general walking should be good.
>>
Use Periscope to see what the locals are wearing.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.