[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /trv/ im just looking for an article on a social issue in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1421911997701.jpg (31 KB, 500x190) Image search: [Google]
1421911997701.jpg
31 KB, 500x190
hey /trv/ im just looking for an article on a social issue in Thailand. I am going travelling there and would like to be given a bit of context of where i am travelling to. any help?
>>
>>1063309

bump

- why so many women, so few children
- why so nice ( i was at zero touristy areas and they are super nice)
- why so succesful/developed

that's what i saw, when i was there
>>
>>1063521
I'll dig up some articles for you. The developed part, if you let the Thais tell it, is because they are the only Asian country that was never colonized.

Thailand has a birthrate issue, but so do many developed societies these days. The women do outnumber the men, though, and abortions are not common. Most will have the kid if they get knocked up. The niceness has a lot to do with the whole Buddhist thing and also their cultural concept of "sanuk"
>>
>>1063543
Not sure why I am googling this for yu when you can do it yourself. Also do note that a lot of the women you see are far younger than than look. Like most Asians Thais don't hit the wall until their 60s/70s. And look very young until then. My girlfriend is 30 and looks 15.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304773104579265520447488200
>>
>>1063548
>My girlfriend is 30 and looks 15.
mine is mid 40s, looks early 30s
>>
>>1064615
I had one that was later 30s and looked early/mid twenties
>neoteny
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.