[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going backpacking in Europe and the sticky recommends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: A43YhvtCUAA08Gt.jpg (47 KB, 500x442) Image search: [Google]
A43YhvtCUAA08Gt.jpg
47 KB, 500x442
I'm going backpacking in Europe and the sticky recommends a camping stove. It makes sense, but will I be able to use them in hostels or is this just for camping areas in Europe? Anyone got any insight in this? Thanks
>>
>>1063176
Camping areas. Hostels typically have communal kitchens to use
>>
>>1063176
Don't bring a stove if you're going from hostel to hostel. If you plan on camping then bring one.
>>
>>1063176

be careful with german hostels, most of them are pretty old/ haven't been renovated in a long time and many usually don't have communal kitchens so always check for that online. i'm a german geology student so i've seen quite a lot of hostels here on my field trips though most of them were more in the country side.
>>
All useful info guys. What about cooking equipment? Should I bring my own?
>>
unless you are planing on tenting the only thing you'll need is clothes, paperwork and money. hostells have cooking utensils and throughout europe there is plenty of affordable streetfood and available
>>
>>1063443
Available? Available what?

Haha okay this might make my carry load lighter then. I was thinking of bringing a few camping stuff from what the sticky recommends. Guess for what I'm doing (hostel hopping) I don't need all that much.

Any essentials you guys can recommend?
>>
>>1063488
A credit card and your passport. Anything else kek.
>>
File: gamel.jpg (35 KB, 450x260) Image search: [Google]
gamel.jpg
35 KB, 450x260
>>1063488

You can get alot of good streetfood in Europe but on the long term it will cost you alot and it would be overkill, I always bring a pair of these with me to make simple meals in with stuff from the supermarket. Easilly packed and cleaned.
>>
>>1063714
>gamel

Belgian detected
>>
>>1063714
This is a good idea. I was planning the supermarket route and this is the ticket. I'll use the hostel kitchens to make sghetti and meatballs
>>
File: you got me.jpg (16 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
you got me.jpg
16 KB, 500x281
>>1063745
hehe
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.