[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time posting here Is there any place that has these 2 things?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: leaving-home.jpg (21 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
leaving-home.jpg
21 KB, 500x277
First time posting here
Is there any place that has these 2 things?

Good internet broadband speeds
Good gun laws

Currently I live in The Netherlands, but I'm looking for another place to settle.

Thanks!
>>
no such thing as good gun laws rly

but texas has better both of those things thn tha Netherlands probably
>>
South Korea
>>
I know the meme response is Canada but it's true. You can have as many rifles/shotguns as you want if you have a PAL, which is a license you get from passing an 8 hour course on gun safety and a 10 minute phone interview with a mountie who just asks if you're going to shoot people with it.

Handguns need another 2 hours of training and must be registered. They have strict rules about storage so they don't fall into the hands of street dindus.

Semi-auto guns are either forbidden or have so many rules you don't want to bother with them. Full autos are obviously also forbidden.
>>
Texas
>>
OP here, I was thinking about Alaska, About the same internet speeds as I get at home, when I was in the US a friend said that he visited Alaska each year to hunt.

Gas seems to be cheap compared to the prices here ($4 a gallon, here it's $7-8 a gallon).

not sure why you get paid to live there, but I guess that's a bonus I saw when I looked it up.

>>1062726
Heard bad things about Canada with gun laws, no semi-auto? I'm registered at the KNSA and could get myself a semi-auto in half a year. disappointing.. tho, I won't rule out Canada.

Cause I could easily get to Canada (heard a rumor they allowed people from Holland to just roam there without a visa, as long as you have either a ID card or passport)

>>1062729
>>1062724

Texas, ah, love it
but are you certain they have reasonable broadband without you needing to bend over and pay hefty fees for GB's of data?

>>1062725
South Korea and guns?
>>
>>1062729
Austin, specifically
>>
You may think you want to live in a place with lax gun laws but trust me you really don't. Just move to Scandinavia or the Czech republic or something. Relatively "lax" guns laws (for EU standards anyways) and no daily neighborhood and Mass shootings.
>>
Somalia
>>
>>1062743
this guys a retard dont listen to him
>>
How has no one said Kansas? You can have a gun here and google fiber is rolling out. All these tech companies are starting up here now.
>>
>>1062820
>Kansas
>Alaska
>Texas

So.. Basically it's going to be the US for me
I find it kind of confusing how to get US citizenship. And it seems that I just missed the Green Card lottery.

Is there something that could explain this in easy understandable steps what I could do?
The US gov website isn't making this easy.

So if I understand correctly. There are a few ways to get citizenship from alien status?

>Diversity lottery (around Oct - Dec)
Oh, I just missed that
>Invest 500.000 and create 5 jobs
Won't be able to do that in 10 years
>Join the military
No
>Have close family relatives living there
They aren't close enough from what I understand.
>Marry someone
This seems pathetic, but It's an option nonetheless
>Have exceptional skills in certain professions
Well.. I have 2 profitable web shops.. I bet that's not enough because that doesn't come close to the PHD and university requirements..

So I see 3 options, Either win the diversity lottery, invest 500.000 and create 5 jobs, or marry someone.

They really like to keep out people, no?
>>
>>1062826
Its like that in basically all first world countries.
>>
>>1062829
I didn't know that
thank you
>>
You could get your gun license and just stay in the Netherlands...
>>
>>1062721
>Good internet broadband speeds
>Google fiber and shit

>Good gun laws
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand-your-ground_law

Utah
>>
>>1062826
>They really like to keep out people, no?
Not really. Just walk across the border and refuse to leave. Amnesty awaits you.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.