[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/trv/ I need some help with my itinerary. I plan on going on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: hk-city.jpg (65 KB, 620x385) Image search: [Google]
hk-city.jpg
65 KB, 620x385
/trv/ I need some help with my itinerary.

I plan on going on a two week trip to China and Japan, in the summer. My plan thus far is:

>> Fly to HK and spend 1 day and night in HK
>> Leave HK for Shenzhen and spend 2 nights in Shenzhen
>> Take a train from Shenzhen to Shanghai, and spend 2 nights in Shanghai
>> Take a train from Shenzhen to Beijing, and spend 2 nights in Beijing

From China > Japan

>> Flight from Beijing PEK to Narita, in Tokyo
>> Spend 4 nights in Tokyo
>> Take Shinkansen to Osaka, and spend 3 nights in Osaka

Does any of this sound doable? My last trip to China, in 2008, I was able to move between HK and mainland relatively easily -assuming of course I had the right paperwork. My main concern is timeline between train trips to Shanghai and Beijing, and still having time to see a lot of cool stuff. Should I focus more on Shanghai and Beijing, and ignore HK this go?

I really want to see the historical sites in Beijing, and maybe do a day of hiking.
>>
>>1062487
>ignore HK this go
Yes if you have been to hk before
Spend more time in Beijing. There are a lot to see there.
>>
>>1062487
Tokyo
Tokyo Tower, Tokyo Skytree, Akihabara, Sensoji Temple, Takeshita Street.
I recommend Toyoko-Inn for hotel.
Osaka
Osaka Castle, Dotonbori (lots of food and shopping)
>>
It might be smarter to pick just one country and explore it properly.
>>
>>1062487
>2 nights
so basically 1 real day? blech. i spent 5 days in beijing. 3 would be the minimum, imo. i'd say ax hk for sure, since you've already been, and probably at least one other city, and spend 3+ nights everywhere
>>
>>1062487
seems you will spend most of the time checking in and out of hotels. it feels you are just checking cities of a list instead of enjoying them. whats your reason to travel outside of "see historical things"?
>>
It sounds doable in a sense, but it sounds a bit rushed. I'd take Shenzhen over HK anytime (now that I've been to both), so I actually like that part.
>>
>>1062662
I'm kind of starting to agree.

I guess I just want to see as much as possible, in a short period of time. I have 4 weeks of PTO/year, so I want a preview before I go on like a 3-4 week holiday to any of those desired locations.
>>
>>1062487

A bit rushed, you'd need extra days in Beijing if you really wanna see a lot. Going to the Great Wall will already be a day on its own for example.
>>
>>1062666
There isn't that much to see in Shenzhen
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.