[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have experience traveling to Russia(specifically Americans)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Anyone have experience traveling to Russia(specifically Americans)? I was planning on going to Moscow and/or St. Petersburg this summer and I was wondering what others think of the situation and if anyone has any tips. Is it a good idea? What is the possibility that I'll be given a tourist visa? Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>1062384
I forgot to mention that I can read and write Russian, but I only know some basics. I'll also be accompanied by a native Russian speaker.
>>
>>1062384

You'll have no problems especially for those 2 cities. They're full of tourists and nobody will care where you come from as long as you have a VISA and you're polite
>>
>>1062393
So what seems to be the officer, problem?
>>
>>1062599
I don't have much international experience, so going to a huge city like Moscow is a bit daunting. I was also just curious if recent tensions have changed the way citizens, government, or police react to American citizens.
>>
>>1062605
Actually you should be more afraid of going into smaller cities, if you think about it. I went there during the 1st week of September and it was packed with tourists from all over the world
>>
Anyone have experience with smaller cities? Are there specific ones I should avoid?
>>
>>1063091
Omsk and Novosibirsk should be avoided, as should certain parts of Vladivostok. Stay west of the Urals and you should be good.
>>
>>1063100
whats wrong with those two besides being boring(especially omsk)?
>>
>>1063105
Nothing is wrong with them, >>1063100 doesn't know shit

Go to them, Siberia is lovely, Altai, Ural, Lake Baikal etc etc, just gorgeous and almost no tourists. I spend three months travelling in Russia and the nature is amazing,

don't care about Moscow and St Petersburg though, they're just average city-trip destinations at the same level of Bucharest, Prague, Vienna and the like
>>
>>1063113
I'm a siberian local, the question was a slight joke.
glad you enjoyed your stay here
>>
>>1063105
Massive drug problem.
>>
>>1063131
in Novosib?
In the central parts?
Being dangerous not at night(and even at night?)
are you kidding me?
>>
I went to St. Petersburg this year on the 3 day fiery rule, one of the best experiences of my life, wanted to spend more time so badly, I went to Tallinn afterwards and the rest of my vacation felt so underwhelming.

If you know some Russian and are with someone who speaks fluent Russian you'll be fine I imagine. I find the biggest problem is a lot of people think you're going "YOU SPEAK AMERICAN YOU FUCKIN COMMIE?" even if you're being polite about it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.