[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Traveling to Malmö on January, few questions.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
Hi /trv/, i'm from Alicante, Spain, and by the end of January i'm travelling to Malmö to stay 10+- days there, a pretty nice half swedish lady hosts me so everything about hosting is solved the best way possible.
I'm looking for funny, cultural things to do there, but the tripadvisor reviews have its own limitations, so i wanted to know if somebody here could shed light on certain points:
> Live shows -metal, jazz, alternative- on malmo & copenhague from 21st to 31st
> Jam sessions
> Any worth-seeing museum, exposition or whatever kind of event far from touristy crap.
> Good -& also cheap, i know that's kinda difficult specially in copenhague but who knows- places to eat.

> Most important of all, anything else that for any reason you want to share to the community. I'll like to make a great malmö and copenhague discussion thread with people sharing its experiences.

And yep, we'll be visiting Christiania. Idk if we'll go to copenhague one day or two, but i want to know how it feels to belong to an almost self-sufficient society.
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 700x525
I would recommend visiting suburb of Rosengård
it will give you a rare glimpse in to the future of Sweden
>>
>>1062132
So tolerant
>>
>>1062040
Sup Anon, I'm in Copenhagen at the moment and went over to Malmö the other day. Been here 7 days and it is definitely more than enough time here. I think 10 days in Malmö and coming over to CPH will be quite drawn out (Bur snow will be awesome)

the castle in Malmö is worth seeing with history and live animals n shit. The Turning Torso is also cool with great modern buildings with Swedish architecture.

I actually prefer Christiania to main CPH. People here seem slightly brainwashed and dronelike
>>
File: 20151218_144857.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151218_144857.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>1062040
>Live shows -metal, jazz, alternative- on malmo & copenhague from 21st to 31st
check out gigguiden.se
>>
File: 1447768764383.gif (2 MB, 300x236) Image search: [Google]
1447768764383.gif
2 MB, 300x236
>>1062040
>cultural things
lmao
>>
>>1062040
Malmö is not a tourist city, it's just the place that happens to be across the strait from Copenhagen. Lots of Swedes who work in Copenhagen dwell there. It's not very interesting, really. /int/ will tell you its full of Muslims! But, if you're from Spain you probably won't notice brown people quite so much. The 'scary immigrant ghetto' thing tends to be exaggerated, even though I'd agree Sweden is fucking itself over by letting in so many refugees, but whatever. Go to Lund instead.

>>1062323
>People here seem slightly brainwashed and dronelike
Welcome to Scandinavia.
>>
>>1062323
wanna taste some scandinavian dank spice.
how much more or less does a joint costs? are there any honeypots for tourists? it would be interesting to keep it through the oresund bridge.
it may seem a dumb question, but what the hell, if i can get it we'll try to smoke it at home, so policial presence nearby the station is an interesting variable to analyze.

>>1062358
lund seems to be an interesting focus of cultural activities. are there any diffusion channels via FB or similar? blog etc. it will be nice to check how the universitary life is in the northern europe.
>>
just to let you know about bringing the weed across the border hing, they've put up a fence to hinder the immigrants' so now people travelling from denmark to sweden will be crossing an actual border, not saying that they'll drug raid you, but I wouldn't take too many chances on these thing honest. if your girl in sweden is not a too honest decent girl from a wellfunctioning family chances are she's got friends in malmö with dunk grass or black sticky hashis that'll make you think your belly is full of butterflies and the snow might just be a big fluffy pillow.
>>
>>1062040
Amigo, Malmo es una mierda
>>
>>1062420
She knows nobody there yet :( but you think it will be easier to get mindbreaking spice in Lund instead?

>>1062624
Por qué dices eso shur
>>
>>1062406
>>1062406
dont bring anything you find in denmark over to sweden. You will be royally fucked if you do. Sweden's drug policy is on par with the US.
>>
>>1062898
Como ciudad para ver cosas hay más bien poco. Si quieres ir a Suecia desde Copenhague buscate otra cosa
>>
>In Malmö for 10 days
>any city in Sweden, even Stockholm, for 10 days
My god. Spend most of that in Copenhagen...
>>
If you want to come over to Lund and smoke some weed just let me know
>>
Hey OP: i live 25 minutes from malmö, take my word: cancel the ticket, that shithole is not worth visiting.
>>
I live in Lund, 20 min by buss outside of Malmö. Both Malmö and Lund are nice places to visit. Go out drinking, go window shopping, hang around cafés and shit. The city center of Malmö is pretty great actually. There's a lot of new stuff being built close to the station and just walking around is pretty great. Scandinavian architecture is great as well!

>Go see the castle, check out the museums there. Both Historical and Technical.
>Go see the Modern Art museum, cool stuff
>Walk from the station all the way to triangeln. The streets and squares will be decorated with christmas lights and shit, beautiful.
>Go to Möllevången. Eat some falafel and shit. Street food in Malmö is cheap and usually pretty good.
> Hang around the bars there, its an interesting place.
>Go to Lund for a day or two. Visit the great church, Domkyrkan.
>Walk around the little streets in Lund. I'm sure you'll find the city beautiful

Protip. Hang around bars, talk to people. That's where you will find the best conversation. Ask for the Halloumi Rolls with garlic cream and extra parsley.
>>
Take the train to Göteborg instead ;)
>>
>>1062040

make sure you read up on how the passport controls work between malmö and köpenhamn, they've just started rolling them out and apparently train times are gonna be fucked

do not forget or lose your passport your passport when you go over, getting back will be a bitch

otherwise, just chill out in town, my favorite spot are the bars in lilla torg (little square) near the two main squares in the city center

people are quite talky out at night, so if you like chatting to people that's the best time

we're kind of rude in the middle of our daily routines desu
>>
>>1064417
>>1065410
I'll take note of those, thanks ;)
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.