[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the WTC worth visiting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 11111111[1].jpg (27 KB, 337x450) Image search: [Google]
11111111[1].jpg
27 KB, 337x450
I`m visiting Manhattan next summer and decided i would pay a visit but i need to know some shit first.

What shit is there to actually do besides the view?

Should i wait a few more years till there is more shit to look at and more shit to do?

Is it just butthurt nostalgia fags who hate it?

Has anyone here ever been there?
>>
>>1061924
The Twin Towers were cooler. Surely most can agree with that.

But the new one does have steak-fries served at the top, so there is that.
>>
>>1061924
I was just there a couple weeks ago. I'd say if it's your first time in NYC, do Empire State building instead. Lines are probably longer, but it has more soul than One WTC.
>>
I only dislike it because it clashes with the rest of the skyline. The Twin Towers actually looked like they fit in New York, not fucking Hong Kong.
>>
I did the Empire State Building once during a high school trip. I remember it being cool. There's also an observation deck at Rockefeller Center which I believe they brand as "Top of the Rock". The main think about the view is that if you are in Midtown then you might not get the view of Midtown.

As for stuff on the on the west side below chambers, there is the WFC winter garden and marina/promenade, Century 21, and the mercantile exchange. Since the exchange went electronic there might not be any public access anymore (since there's nothing to observe). It's worth passing through and Europeans love Century 21 but I'm fairly sure that both the 9/11 museum and the finance museum are lame. I left NYC for grad school before the whole memorial complex was finished so I'm not sure how that is.

If you want view just walk over the Brooklyn Bridge or take the Staten Island Ferry (or take a helicopter ride for $$$) while hitting Wall Street and the old colonial quarter. There's more history on the east side - WTC was literally built on a garbage dump.
>>
The memorial and reflecting pools are a must see. I haven't been to the museum but I heard it's good. The transport interchange is still in construction but looks pretty cool already.

The observatory is ok but all indoor ones are inferior to outdoor imo. I would actually recommend you go to Top of the Rock for the best viewing experience, it's much bigger than the empire state and less crowded, and you're right above central park.
>>
>>1061975
Century 21 is the unsung department store in NYC. They are branching out with stores in Queens and Morristown,NJ. They are also in center city Philly.
>>
That kind of touristy shit is overrated to be honest.

I did the original WTC in 2001 a few months before they were BTFO and it was OK... cloudy at the top and couldn't see much.
>>
>>1062346
Theyre all over the tristate area, retard.
>>
>>1062411
>I did the original WTC in 2001 a few months before they were BTFO and it was OK... cloudy at the top and couldn't see much.
I went to the top too. They had long maps under each window that let you know what you were looking at, shapes of all buildings on your horizon....cool if you care which is which, but the view isn't vastly different than any other tall building in town. It was a lot of hassle to do it, even then, and I imagine it's quite a big deal now.
When it comes to new york, most people have limited time, limited funds and it adds up quickly. Decide what you like in a vacation from your exposure to the city via movies and TV, or literature, music, or foodie pursuits, and then pack it in. Once you tick off the show, the restaurant, the best pizza/hotdog/bar/grocery/deli sandwich...you're at your 3-4 day mark, and you fill in the museums and sights inbetween.

Best time to visit NY is December, imho.
>>
>>1061979
I hate the white lattice work structure that extends over the top of that area; it looks like a turkey rib cage or something. It is ugly, and kind of offensive as it looks like a decaying carcass.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-24-03-37-38.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-24-03-37-38.png
1 MB, 1280x720
The waterfalls feel like a temple inside the city, the area absorbs a lot of sound and is pretty peaceful and most people treat it seriously instead of taking fucking smiley selfies
I think they should have rebuilt the towers but the new one looks nice
It kind of pisses me off how beautiful it is because it never should have happened and is wrapped up in lies but that's a different story
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-24-03-42-27.png (1 MB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-24-03-42-27.png
1 MB, 720x1280
>>1062549
Me
>>1062510
I quite like it
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-24-03-44-38.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-24-03-44-38.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>1062549
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-24-03-46-07.png (901 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-24-03-46-07.png
901 KB, 720x1280
>>1062549
Pretty cool
>>
>>1062551
The rest of the area is quite nice but the rib cage feels so wrong.
>>
>>1062553
Look at that giant glass dildo.
>>
>>1062424
Branching out was fairly recent. For years the only stores were the original in Bensonhurst and the downtown Manhattan.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.