[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've always wanted to learn Spanish but my recent trip to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: latin_america.gif (26 KB, 425x500) Image search: [Google]
latin_america.gif
26 KB, 425x500
I've always wanted to learn Spanish but my recent trip to Mexico made me realize how lost I was without my Spanish speaking friend. I've done a bit of research about going to a school in a Latin American country. Some recommend Columbia, Ecuador, Bolivia.

Any experience to share ? Recommendations ? Looking for somewhere relatively cheap but I don't want to be somewhere boring either.
>>
>>1061821
i´m from colombia but i think you should go to ecuador, its better for your plans
>>
Ecuador is a bit off-putting for me though only for the fact that they use USD and I only have week Canadian pesos. Is it still cheap ?
>>
I would advise Chile or Argentina, maybe Ecuador, mostly because they are pretty safe countries in SA, and because I had a great experience when I visited Chile and Argentina.
>>
>>1061821
I have been in every country in SA and atlough I didnt spend to much time in Colombia I would still recommend it. A city like Medellin for example. I met alot of backpackers that really really enjoyed the time in Medellin studying spanish. Combine that with a pretty clean colombian spanish, good prices, beuatiful girls and a really cool city with a descent nightlife.

>>1062002
>any country in SA beeing unsafe atm expect from venezuela.
>>
>>1062028
What is cost of living in a niceish spot in Colombia? E.g. to rent an apartment for a month, and food per day?
>>
Nobody has any experiences to share ?
Nobody has experiences to share ?
Looking into it I'm now leaning toward Bolivia, seems pretty cheap, safe, central, not that touristy and the accent is supposed to be easy compared to Argentina or Chile. The only thing is the flights seem to be expensive and the food a bit boring.
>>
Oops double post sorry.
>>
I've been in almost every country in ca and sa and. Would recommend you first get some formal training before immersion. You could pay for a class, take a uni course or 4, volunteer with a community group, etc etc,

Deploying without knowing a firm base is working against yourself and wasting time. Inb4 everybody defends their 3 week Spanish school in costa rica
>>
>>1061836
I wouldn't call any country with dollarized economy like Ecuador or Panama "cheap". Colombia is better than any other if you want to learn good neutral spanish, stay away from the coast though, since the accent and expressions there makes it difficult to learn. Any city or town in the central andean region is nice to learn better spanish.
>>
If you're aiming to seriously learn spanish I'd recommend to start with stuff like duolingo/busuu before doing what you seem to have mind, so you can grasp the basics beforehand and make your stroll worth in regards of learning the language.

Consider Peru, it's cheap, peruvians have a really neutral spanish and seems fun.
>>1062443
>Inb4 everybody defends their 3 week Spanish school in costa rica
Costarican here, I know the people you are talking about; I kek'd.
>>
>>1062441
Bolivia is shittiest place in Latinoamerica better travel to Costa Rica idiot
>>
>>1061821
I lived in Chile, Bolivia and Spain. What I can say about Bolivia is that this country is cheap. People are nice and it's a place where you can travel around the country to see many different things. What you see in the pictures is just a part of it. 2/3 of it is the Amazon. I bet you didn't know that because when you Google it you just find llamas and people from the Andes. You have rain, you have cold, warm and hot places. People of many kinds and ways to behave.
This depends of the place you want to go of course.

I dated a German girl there and she loved it despite because it's a culture adventure. My friends from Japan, France, Canada and USA thought the same. Specially in a city called Tarija. They said they were lost and they needed some help and suddenly they were having a nice conversation with someone in the streets just because. This for example for sure doesn't happen in a city like Santa Cruz, because of the way they behave and because it has 1 million of population. They handle their lives in a different way.

Chile is like living in the USA about costs of living and you wouldn't have an experience like in Bolivia I think. Argentina is a nice country too but it's been Europeanized, the same like in Chile. And talking about crimes, Argentina is more dangerous than Bolivia or Ecuador taking in count the number of crimes and the percent. Chile is safer but not totally.
When I was there someone tried to steal me with a gun LOL. Otherwise, in Argentina and Bolivia nothing bad happened to me. But well, doesn't matter where you go if you don't take care of yourself. You shouldn't go to the ghettos in the USA, right?
I hope I was helpful!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.