[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHERE IS IT HAPPENING?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_mkqimsIvr61ruw1vso1_500.gif (919 KB, 500x233) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkqimsIvr61ruw1vso1_500.gif
919 KB, 500x233
Come on /trv/, be honest.

Where is it going on?

It was france in the 20's, america in the 60s, germany in the 80s/90s

WHERE THE FUCK IS IT HAPPENING??
>>
>>1061415

Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant
>>
>>1061418
NICE /pol/ MEME RETARD

I WANNA KNOW WHERE ITS GOING ON

I NEED TO BE AT THE CULTURAL EPICENTRE
>>
If you're talking about effect on Western culture and history then it's probably the San Jose to Seattle corridor and it's probably mostly over due to real estate prices.

If you are talking about the rest of the world, I've been hearing low but consistent murmuring about Africa. The sub-Saharan pockets with less AIDS and corruption.

If I were an artist type I'd definitely slum it in Instanbul for an extended while. I was impressed earlier this year.
>>
It's always happening over at /pol/
>>
Someone told me It’s all happening at the zoo; I do believe it’s true. The monkeys stand for honesty, giraffes are insincere and the elephants are kindly, but they’re dumb. Orangutans are skeptical of changes in their cages and the zookeeper is very fond of rum.
Zebras are reactionaries,
Antelopes are missionaries
Pigeons plot in secrecy
And hamsters turn on frequently
What a gas!
You gotta come and see
>>
I'd guess Berlin, but the refugees are about to make the low-income bohemians a lot less comfortable, though they'll swear blind that they love the new state of affairs.

This isn't a political comment. Violent, envious, ignorant poor people and peaceable, open, educated poor people don't mix, wherever either are from.
>>
File: Floral_Shoppe_Alt_Cover.jpg (31 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
Floral_Shoppe_Alt_Cover.jpg
31 KB, 316x316
the internet of course you retard

or france maybe
>>
>>1061415
>WHERE THE FUCK IS IT HAPPENING??
Eastern Europe will be the new hip place to be in the near future. Prague is already becoming popular, and tourism will continually shift east as Western Europe becomes more expensive and less affordable.
>>
File: Vietnam-In-My-Heart-500px.jpg (146 KB, 500x712) Image search: [Google]
Vietnam-In-My-Heart-500px.jpg
146 KB, 500x712
Everyone seems to be flooding to SE Asia nowadays.
>>
>>1061415
Medellin.

Keep it to yourselves.
>>
Anywhere that the college kids go for spring break
>>
>>1061532
>Medellin
I've heard this so many times.

For a while, It was Berlin. Then Prague or Budapest became the new Berlin.
>>
>>1061569
>>1061532
Is this true? I know for a fact it was Berlin and then Prague so I'm inclined to believe you about Medellin.
>>
>>1061415
medellin
>>
>>1061594
>>1061569
>>1061532
>>1061591
>There were 33% more murders in 2008 than 2007, with an increase from 654 to 871 violent deaths.[32] This increased further by over 200% in 2009 to 2,899 violent deaths, or about 110 deaths per 100,000 people, 2.5 times the average homicide rate in Colombia and 20 times the average homicide rate in the United States for that same year. An average of 9 people were killed every day in 2009.[33][34] There is a significant disparity in crime rates by neighborhoods, with virtually no homicides in El Poblado to areas with open gunfights in the outskirts. Generally, crime rates increase the further the neighborhood is from the center.[35] From 2010 and 2011, homicides have declined as with crime in general, but there remains a high crime rate in the poorest communities. Recently, a turf war has broken out between The Office of Envigado and Los Urabeños cartels.[36]

Its happening alright
>>
>>1061599
it's so hard to get decent info about colombia

most people who go love it but you do some googling and nearly everyone has been mugged or some shit
>>
>>1061457
>Violent, envious, ignorant poor people
The ones that left aren't violent, envious or poor. They're mostly the educated, skilled middle-class though now they have to start over of course.
>>
>>1061602
>most people who go love it but you do some googling and nearly everyone has been mugged or some shit

Order and security are incompatible with The Happening. It takes a mix of poverty and extreme wealth and significant social chaos to create The Happening.
>>
Stockholm maybe? A lot of media recently has been coming out of Sweden over the past few years, including a lot of pop stars.
>>
>>1061607
They will soon be envious and it will lead to violence.

They are already poor, their certificates are worth nothing anymore and they're not even considered 2nd class citizens for now.

It'll take 2 generations, so about 50 years, before they start to have the same status as native (white) people. Before that you'll see clashes, it won't be necessarily cultural as people think, but about wealth, family prospects and various opportunities.

I'm myself considered poor for my countries standard but that's a choice, I could earn more if I wanted, and I have many women to chose even if I'm single. I can see how violent and angry my less "privileged" friends have become and I don't see how migrants will not follow the same path. I hope they start drinking alcohol so some of them keep calm.

For the original question, I'm sure >>1061463
is right. All cultural creation that's not mainstream bullshit for american teenagers on adderall is from the internet for the internet.
4chan has a huge part in it so rejoice OP, you already found it.
>>
>>1061415
It's actually Shanghai. The western media won't tell you this but Shanghai is the #1 city in the world surpassing NY. If you're a wealthy citizen of that city you have access to things no one else has access to at the snap of your finger. Both legal and illegal. European cities have stalled lately due to the wrong political movements.

>>1061607
>They're mostly the educated
Some articles came out recently that most of those economic migrants moving to Norway have next to no education. Only 6% were found to have attended any sort of university and over 30% didn't even finish elementary school. Other articles were comparing education of those migrants with Swedes saying that those who finished high school in Sweden were more educated than migrants who went to university in whatever Arabic/South Asian/African countries they were from.

Part of why Europe is stalling is because the continent has been pussified. Accepting migrants like this who will not contribute to the economy but instead take welfare for decades will only make things worse.
>>
Shenzhen is the answer.
>>
>>1061415
>It was france in the 20's, america in the 60s, germany in the 80s/90s
>europe
>North America

this is /trv/ man, don't be so boring
>>
Silicon Valley, since most of our creative energy is being blown on apps and internet advertising campaigns.
>>
Europe vise, still Berlin, deffo.

In the east Warsaw, Prague and Vilnius are coming up, but they have some problems:

Warsaw: too fucking white and bad English skills. Fashion and art coming up though.
Prague: not good enough art scene, it's lagging behind. No new ideas = nicht happening. Adorable city though.
Vilnius: simply too small. Great art & music scene though.

Central Europe:

Brussels: yep, this is still current, the grittier version of Amsterdam, way cheaper, better food, good art, good music, but somehow been on the edges of becoming the new hub for several years but not REALLY becoming the 1.

Paris: surprisingly improved in the past years. Problem: looks only in itself, so can never really come no 1 unless a lot of foreign influence suddenly moves in. Also too expensive.

I guess the Stockholmer was a troll, but Copenhague yes. It's expensive but cool.

I've personally been waiting for Lisbon to happen for some years now, and in the last few there's been quite nice shit going down...might be the next. Cheap and not as cold as Berlin.

>Shanghai
I can believe this, would love to go.

>Colombia
Really want to go to see, friend just came back, said it was amazing. No go if no habla espanol.
>>
perugia
texas

shxt brackenen
>>
>>1061780
that city is baller
>>
>>1061432
confusing but titillating
is this a meme?
8/10 for effort

As for the OP's question, maybe Cambodia is where it will be happening? Lots of expats heading down there cause good visa rules and cheapness. Nothing too exciting to be seen yet, but it could start happening soon.

Other than that, your guess is as good as mine. PNG? Kazakhstan?
>>
>>1061599
>2008 vs 2009
That is not relevant for teh happenings of 2016
At least they are legalizing. Yay.
>>
>>1061610
>Stockholm maybe
Too authoritarian, too expensive, no lodgings, reactionary view on intoxication. Happening is forbidden there.
>>
>>1061607
do you really believe in this propaganda shit?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.