[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Work Online.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Arch.jpg (165 KB, 437x640) Image search: [Google]
Arch.jpg
165 KB, 437x640
Do you have any advice for a 19 year old hoping to make money off his laptop and to travel a lot of the time? Or am I just being unrealistic with myself. Is it better to just go place to place finding jobs?

Is it too expensive to maintain the "travel life" and work online, should it just be a cheap place like SEA and go from there?

Has anyone managed to achieve this dream of mine? I'm not materialistic, i'd rather spend the time I have on earth to see as much as I can. I'd only settle down when i'm older (around 26-30) I've lived a pretty boring child hood and I need something to truly test me and to break my shell. The limits placed on me as a kid have really left me craving adventure.

I've ran a couple things online to make money but it was 200$ a month at most.

Anyone have any ideas where I can start, or rules I should establish for myself to be sucessful?

Background: I'm currently in my 2nd year of university here in Canada studying information systems so with that degree I want to branch out into a job that allow me to do what I stated previously, as well as my own ventures.

I just find it so intriguing documenting your life with a camera, working online and meeting hundreds of cool people as opposed to being a hermit stuck in your hometown, here in Ottawa it's a baren wasteland, nothing at all to see.

Sorry if this is convoluted. It can also be a general working online thread as well.
>>
Wish I could offer you something more substantial OP, but when I was traveling through SE Asia, I hung out with a German guy who had been doing this for 6 years. He was really fucking bizarre, but he worked remotely in either programming or IT and relocated every 3-4 months. Your area of study is definitely useful here.
>>
>>1060846
how did you make 200 $ / month OP ?
>>
I am currently doing this in SEA, but I would not leave home unless you have at least 1000 bucks coming in each month + money for the ticket.

Protip: If you are a babyface young 'un that isn't completely ugly, the bad girls will throw it at you for free, unless you are stupid enough to say that you are willing to pay. Wear a rubber.
>>
Check out the 7 Day Startup blog and book. Great actionable advice to get up and running quick and fail quick if the idea doesn't fly.

To start out, freelancing in whatever you are skilled at will bring in some cash. From there you can consider launching a productized service. There are other options, but they are the two easiest and cheapest.

It all comes down to what skills you bring to the table... what are you good at?
>>
>>1061677
Where r u at?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.