[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to prague, czech republic tomorrow. From western europe.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: prg.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
prg.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
Going to prague, czech republic tomorrow. From western europe.

Top 5 things to do? (only planned thing is seeing an opera and going to Kafka museum)
>>
You can get opera (also ballet, other theatre tickets online ) from the national theatre website, and I recommend doing so (you get them emailed to you right away as a PDF). Website is something like www.narodni-divadlo.cz
>>
hey mate, went there a couple of weeks back with the gf but only for a few days, old town square is the central tourist location and the best thing there is the church of st nicolas which will take your breath away. just before sunset we headed to park letna and watched the sun go down from that vantage point - you can see across the whole city and watch as the charles bridge lights come on - it was for me a unique and beautiful moment and that scene is seared on my brain.

the architechure around the city (even seemingly ordinary buildings) is really stunning, and just walking around is an enjoyable thing to do - though after walking 12km plus on pebbles the old knees start to ache!

have fun pal.
>>
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g274707-d4154273-Reviews-Tavern_U_Krale_Brabantskeho-Prague_Bohemia.html

best Thing in Prague,good drinks,best food in great ammounts and its also cheap.
Also really nice atmosphere etc.
Have fun
>>
>>1060604
>just walking around is an enjoyable thing to do - though after walking 12km plus on pebbles the old knees start to ache!
Get a walking tour map if you can...something that describes what you're looking at. Slap it on your phone or kindle or something. Best shoes on cobblestones are inflexible, meaning a thick and sturdy sole that doesn't let your soles get overworked or little footbones move too much. Hiking shoes, or great old-fashioned boot > new style of featherlight sneakers.
>>
>>1060576
Since you like opera, you might enjoy the musical history packed into the lobkowicz palace before/after a mala strana meal or if you can squeeze it into the Castle tour day (sooo much to see in a single day).
Cheap massages, and one 2nd floor place near the clock is open latelate, like past 10PM, and getting your feet rubbed and a pedicure before bedtime can help out those poor sight-seeing footsies abused on the cobblestones.
>>
darling cabaret. you can thank me later
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.