[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kyrgyzstan solo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Kyrgyzstan.png (118 KB, 2000x1200) Image search: [Google]
Kyrgyzstan.png
118 KB, 2000x1200
Hi /trv/,
I'm thinking of heading to Kyrgyzstan solo in the next year and I was wondering if it's a good place for first time solo travel? I've mainly travelled around Europe and NA with people so travelling solo is completely new to me. I'm 19 and Irish.
I'm thinking of travelling to Bishkek to meet a friend that lives there and then getting the train to Issyk-Kul to spend a few days around that area.
Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance.
>>
wow i am so jealous as a fellow 19 year old irish male, i must say issyk-kul is fucking beautiful.
>>
It is not a traveler-friendly country.
HUGE language barrier, not very safe, you will have nightmares about public bathrooms for years...
Also, nothing very special about their culture.
>>
Learn Russian. A lot of Russian.
Get ready to bribe police.
Be prepared for a destination that may not expect tourism or travelers at all.

That is your general guide to Eastern Europe/Central Asia.
>>
I lived in bishkek for a year and miss it dearly - cheap, ugly yet beautiful soviet architecture, massive mountains, beautiful ladies (but conservative) you'll have much better luck with Russians. Best part was no tourists and being off the grid. Ooo and Asians speaking Russian is quite awesome as well.

But yes all stated above is true as well ^
>>
>>1060543
>not very safe

Bishkek and Issyk Kul is fairly safe, there's just common levels of crime and other things to expect everywhere you go in poorer country's with less tourists.

However, dont go into the Fergana valley, there's lots of known anti-foreigner sentiment there and violence does occasionally occur, the area is also known to be the home of many radical islamists.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.