[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /travelalone/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: trafficsaigon.jpg (153 KB, 752x561) Image search: [Google]
trafficsaigon.jpg
153 KB, 752x561
Never travelled solo in my life. Going to visit Vietnam next month and have no clue how it feels like to do everything by myself. Also not very outgoing. The idea that I´m going to a bar and drink a beer alone by myself while other people are socializing and having fun freaks me out. Any stories/experience? btw I´m not white so the whole asians love white guys thing is out for me
>>
Get a t-shirt made that says "I am an introvert, please say hello."
>>
>>1058324
I cant decide if you are a genious or a moron.
>>
>>1058324
kek'd. could also wear a swastika shirt
>>
>>1058319
Avid solo traveller here. I guess it just depends on how well you can put up with yourself and your thoughts.

> btw I´m not white so the whole asians love white guys thing is out for me

Are you asian though? Interesting thing about doing tourism in asia as a non-asian is that if you meet other people like you in restaurants or bars, the ice breaks really quick.
>>
I travelling alone too mate. I left my contry there's 3mounths now.

Be nice doesn't hesitate to talking with peoples and locals never black out and be aware. And enjoy. I think it's the easiest thing on earth.

I'm moving to Vietnam in 12days flying tfrom Auckland to HCMC where are you going ?
>>
>>1058350
yep. I'm vietnamese but the locals will definitely cringe when I start speaking the language. will be an interesting experience tho

>>1058363
I´m in Saigon from 11th january to 23rd. Also going to check out Mui Ne and Vung Tau. After that probably Bangkok. Do you have a Travelbuddy account?
>>
>>1058367
No..I didn't know this website ! That's look great I'll open an account soon
>>
>>1058319
hard to tell i did a huge hike in sweden alone and was fine made a lot of friends, but than i mean you have a common goal which everyone follows so it makes for good conversation starter
>>
thanks for the suggestions

>>1058368
look me up if you set up your profile. I think there´s no direct search option but check out the public wall for my post about Saigon. Profile name: tomduc
>>
>>1058367
>the locals will definitely cringe when I start speaking the language.
they like it when you try from what I saw. Plus they like to practice english.
>>
>>1058395
hope so. had quite a different experience in china when I studied there for a year. as an asian looking guy they were completely baffled by the fact that I can´t speak mandarin fluently.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.