[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LCCs - why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: allegiant-spirit.jpg (1 MB, 2619x738) Image search: [Google]
allegiant-spirit.jpg
1 MB, 2619x738
does /trv/ fly low cost carriers? I don't mean shit like jetblue, southwest, or germanwings, I'm talking shit like spirit, allegiant, and ryanair.

i travel a lot for work so I have some disposable miles but even when I fly on airlines other than my primary for leisure I wouldn't fly those, not for the few dollars it saves. take allegiant for instance:
>carry on bag is $25; more if the fee for it is paid at the airport
>seat pitch is 30 inches on allegiant; 28 inches on some spirit planes. 31 inches [domestic standard] basically puts your knees in the back of the seat at 5ft10in (average height)
>spirit seats do not recline
>fee for non-alcoholic beverage is $3 on spirit
the travel experience has been degraded so much already, they sell you a lowball ticket and then try to make it all up in excess fees. why participate in the rat race? Does $20 off a ticket mean that much to you?

even delta is participating in this shit (fully non-refundable tickets with no seat selection, same day change or standby, or ability to get priority boarding/upgrades/board last) and rumor is united will pursue this soon.
>>
>grin and bear the shitty seats, it's only a few hours you pussy
>take a bottle of water onto the plane

It's that simple
>>
For 15 quid from Dublin to Paris or 10 quid from Dublin to London, I don't mind the discomfort for 2 hours to be honest m8. Also nobody's forcing you to buy alcoholic drinks on board really
>>
17 quid from Manchester to Belgium.. Like fuck. I'm trying hard not to book this ticket.
>>
>London to Verona and Rome to London is less than 20 quid
>la mia faccia quando
>>
>>1058274

>get bored
>want to fly to New York or Dallas or New Orleans or LA for the weekend
>$400 with Delta
>$120 with Spirit
>take a small backpack with a few changes of clothes and other necessary items
>enjoy a few days with a light pack
>fly back home
>don't get hit with any extra fees the entire time
>am not retarded enough to purchase snacks or drinks during a flight if I don't have enough money to resist bitching about it
>>
>>1058274
Spirit is not available to me. Allegiant is, but the only places that the Stockton, CA airport has routes to on Allegiant is to Las Vegas and Phoenix/Mesa, AZ. I don't especially want to go to either of those locations.
>>
>>1058311
Good post
>>
>>1058311
But it's so cheap!!!!
>>
>>1058274
>other than my primary for leisure I wouldn't fly those, not for the few dollars it saves. take allegiant for instance:
Allegiant has a niche though. They are the unusual destination commuter connection, so second tier cities, particularly ones with snowbird appeal. They run regional business commuter flights, and seasonal Florida to cold climes and vice versa. They have a huge presence in Fort Myers/Punta Gorda, for instance, where people from Grand Rapids, Akron, Cinncinati, Springfield IL...and other NOTHING cities go for warm times and wealthy homes. I don't mind that they nickle and dime you, because I'm not stupid enough to be tricked into trying to check a bag at the gate unannounced, nor do I think $100 is the total cost. I find that they are simply spartan, in that your gate agent turns off the computer and suddenly becomes the flight crew too. It's how it is.

I can't stand Spirit though. I swear the passenger quality is like "just out of jail free flight" status passengers. It's worse than Greyhound to have to sit near utterly rude and smelly passengers who are in fact too stupid to fly a quality carrier. All my flights with them were booked by someone else, grrr.

I think Delta can lead the pack in incidental changes, because simply, they are the biggest and can get away with it. Gotta have a gold card that gets you the perks back like two checked bags for free. One thing is for sure though, their staff isn't idiotic or underexperienced. Great pilot resumes, and they keep it that way by paying the most. Don't expect the 2star general Desert Storm captain on a continental or shuttle commuter plane until he's got 2 decades with seniority, but one day, maybe he'll weasel over to the big boys. You can't say this for any other airline anymore, as they struggle to fill pilot positions from overexpansion and poor benefits. Asian pilots? No thank you. Some airlines operate academies like a pool. You don't want em.
>>
>>1058274
because I don't care.
I book what ever takes me where I want to go on european flights. I don't complain about 400CHF for a return flight in europe, I don't mind a 19€ ticket. It's just 1-4 hours in a standard A-319 or A-320. I'm 1.85m large so even the business class setup on those flights is shit for me.

I get a beer. a bottle of water and maybe a nice sandwich at the airport and don't give a fuck. Going on board of a plane is for me the same as going on board on a train, I do it daily and it takes me from A to B.
>>
>>1058299
>>1058277
This.

For my long flights I aim for Emirates or Singapore business class but if I'm going to be on the plane for less than 10 hours then fuck it, I'll get more value out of the money spending it on more activities once I reach my destination
>>
>>1058274
I used to take Spirit, because back then, to me, every dollar mattered. I even had my parents drive an extra 30-40 minutes to the next airport over, since that was the ibly one they flew into. I never checked bags, and it got me there significantly cheaper than the big airlines. I'm not doing that today, but at the time it made sense.
>>
File: O38d6Y7.jpg (32 KB, 500x415) Image search: [Google]
O38d6Y7.jpg
32 KB, 500x415
>>1058274
>germanwings

Anybody here ever flown Jetstar Asia/Australia?They're *not* that bad, honestly.
>>
I used PEACH once and it was the most enjoyable flight I have ever had, might have had something to do with my hardon for Japanese flight attendants or that all my other flight experiences so far have been Air China and Aeroflot exclusively. (Air China has some hot attendants too btw)
>>
I mostly go for Easyjet, cause the service is okay and the flights aren't at retarded times.
>>
>>1058407
This, short flights I t doesnt matter I will save the couple hundred bucks on a much nicer hotel or rental car than wasting moeny on a nice seat for 5 hours
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.