[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have one question, kind of related with travel. Does travelling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 417589_n.jpg (75 KB, 480x711) Image search: [Google]
417589_n.jpg
75 KB, 480x711
I have one question, kind of related with travel.

Does travelling alone for a month, to a place where I don't know the language, helps me with my severe anxiety?
>>
If you make the most of it and take up every opportunity then yes.

Get out of your comfort zone, talk to new people and do things you wouldn't do back home.

I was a pretty shy person but after months of living in hostels with strangers I can start a conversation with anyone and now I enjoy talking to new people, something I hated before.
>>
Unrelated roll
>>
>>1058216
i'm thinking about doing this for a few months myself, i'm hoping that getting out of my comfort zone will shock my system ps muh trips
>>
>>1058222
I think just one month is enough for me. I'm always closed in my room, the people that talked to me started to not talk.
So I wanted to my brain experience something new.
Also, checked.
>>
>>1058220
Yeah, I'll try to do new things since that I don't have any activities where I live
>>
Unrelated but is that pic from Washington state?

When I was working at a pizza place two years ago all the high schoolers were jizzing over taking pics of some abandoned train track bridge.
>>
>>1058231
From what I've heard it's from Washington
>>
>>1058231
>>1058235
It's called the Vance Creek bridge. People still flip out about taking pics here for ig purposes.
>>
>>1058238
Thanks man
>>
Pictures like OPs are the reason I want to go to Washington holy shit.
>>
>>1058216

I found that traveling was really helpful for my depression 8 years ago. Being forced out of your comfort zone can help, but in addition to that, the change in surroundings is endlessly helpful. Maybe it's because I had begun to associate my surroundings with negative thoughts, and things were so static for a while that being in a new environment helped. Also, if you're afraid of being awkward around people, it's easier when you're traveling because even if you're awkward around someone you don't have to see them ever again, just move on to the next place.
>>
>>1058216
>don't know the language
>severe anxiety
I would say no. What you should do instead is go to another English speaking country first. If you go to a country where you can't communicate with anyone you will likely close up and it will actually become more difficult to break out of the shell.

Does travel help with anxiety? It does, but it's not a magical cure. I never had severe anxiety so I don't know how that would affect everything. I had slight social phobias that I feel have diminished through travel. I think if you have severe anxiety where you find it hard to even get out of your house, traveling to the other side of the world might be difficult and not a great experience. Baby step it. For your first trip go to another city not too far from where you live. Then to the other side of the country and if you feel comfortable somewhere abroad.
>>
>>1058238
My first reaction on seeing that pic was the Vanishing of Ethan Carter. They must have used this as an inspiration for the environment. Absolutely gorgeous game, in the outside nature.
>>
>>1058216

Nobody can give you a definitive answer to this question.

I was very shy and lacking in confidence before I took my first trip. I was especially insecure around women and could hardly carry a conversation with a girl unless I was blackout drunk. While I'd made a good set of friends at home who'd been helping me turn into a more regular person, I still had a lot of work to do. I think I can safely credit traveling with helping me turn myself into the person I am today - one who is by no means perfect, but who has the confidence and charisma to navigate most social situations with ease.

One of the best traits I got from traveling was learning not to care what other people may or may not think of me. I don't mean this in a bitchy way. Rather, I mean within reason. I'm not nervous to ask strangers for directions, go eat at a restaurant alone, speak up when I need to do, bargain, and a whole bunch of other things.
>>
>>1058336

You don't need to bump a thread on /trv/ after two hours. If you'll notice, the threads which are midway down the catalog have been here for several days.
>>
>>1058275
Hope you like rain.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.