[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travel Safety & stories.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20151207-WA0007.jpg (225 KB, 899x1599) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151207-WA0007.jpg
225 KB, 899x1599
Any tips on travel safety or related stories?

Pic related, two unlucky surf buddies my brother traveled with previously.
>>
I'll be staying in a city that has recently seen a couple of foreigners murdered which have been claimed by IS.
Any basic counter-intelligence kind of tips? I'll take different routes to and from my residence and try and wear a hood when I can, I'm a little paranoid.
>>
okay you're in a country rife with violence and crimes, Some guys try to rob you, THey have guns and you decide to resist anyways.

The fuck did the surfer faggots think would happen?
>>
>>1057823
Don't know, but I still think the robbers were trigger happy. According to them they resisted. There's no proof.
>>
>>1057823

Australians never bow down to anyone, ever
>>
>>1057826
>areyouserious.jpg
>>
>>1057823
>country rife with violence and crimes

It's Mexico. While it's not Europe level safe, it's nowhere near as bad as some central American countries. Outside of some of the gang-infested areas in the North, it's reasonably safe. Driving through there shouldn't be a major issue in terms of safety.
>>
>>1057821
Which city?
>>
>>1057819
They were pretty dumb by driving at night in a shitty filled with criminals states to go to Guadalajara. They did not took enought precautions. Also we dont care if u travelled with them before attention whore anon.
>>
>>1057858
Driving at night at free states highways is pretty risky. Anyway, too bad they got killed but huge red flags of them by not being prepared. They stopped at an Oxxo store in the road asking for printed maps and directions. Wtf travel with no preparations? Also remember the dude of a supposedly heart attack that died nearby subway station in DF, gf posted here and he was dead. We confirmed, but probably was a covered up robbery and murder.
>>
>>1057912
Yeah, I remember that last thread.
>>
>>1057819
2 stupid aussies
>>
>>1057913

Same goes for eveywhere:

>don't dress wealthy
>don't rent a car
>stay in populated areas
>stay away from drugs and dont get wasted
>be back in your hotel by 11
>>
>>1057819
If u pay by credit card ask for the machine being used in front of you. Happens a lot that staff take the chance for card cloning. Have sms and email notifications of ang bank acvount movement
>>
>>1057912
What?
a guy had a heart attack, his gf posted here but he was dead?

Learn to speak, holy shit what are you saying.
>>
>>1058226
It was said that probably was mugged and then the heart attack as a cover up story by USA embassy. But if he was not mugged and only heart attack was so umlucky that bystanders neither police officers helped him with CPR
>>
>>1057859
London
>>
>>1057909
>attention whore anon
Not OP here but his connection to them is a relevant fact, one that could justifiably add to his concern for safety. Why so hostile?
>>
>>1057819
Fuck, I'm planning on driving through there next year. I know of the dangers but I wonder if I can make myself stand out less as to not attract attention. But at the same time, if I do go through there I will be a lot more prepared.

>>1057909
This. These guys were stupid to drive through there at night. They seemed to have not been prepared and ignored a lot of the dangers. This area of Mexico is notorious and as such everyone needs to keep a certain amount of caution when traveling through. Driving anywhere in Mexico at night is not recommended, including taking night buses unless they go through major toll-road highways.

>>1058226
There was someone posting on /trv/ about a missing bf in Mexico. Some people did some digging and found out there was an incident that basically matched what this person wrote on /trv/ and it's likely that their bf was murdered and it was covered up as a heart attack. I don't know how true this story was, it seemed very unlikely that someone whose loved one was missing would go on /trv/ to look for info as this is a super slow board. So yeah, make what you want of it.
>>
>>1058273
Mexianon here. Just dont drive at night in heavy hot zones. As u have said, even in apparent chill out safe places a lot of robberies happens during night time in free state roads. So just be well prepared mate. Shit can happens to anyone here. Also, they were not killed by being foreigners. Dudes were killed cause one of them resist being mugged
>>
>>1058226
Yes thta happened. Why so skeptical dude?
>>
>>1057821
Avoid crowded places, avoid early morning or midnight. Do not talk bad about Islam pigs
>>
>>1058257
lol
>>
>>1058273
It was slow but several mexianons were interested and helpful
>>
>>1058273
another mexianon here, i'd recommend always having some pocket change incase you get robbed, most of the criminals don't want your life they want your money, also if you have an expensive phone, try not to pull it out in public, wait until you get in a building
>>
>>1059710
Mexi fag herr also, I have hidden mony around 200 pesos for emergency in socks everyday. So if they rob my walletvat least I am not so fucked
>>
>>1057819

Howly shit! I saw someone, presumedly family, asking about the werebouts of these guys on facebook a couple of weeks ago.

You always asume theyre just having too much fun to remember contacting the homefront, but these guys got straight up murdered.
Gruesome shit.
>>
>vacation with parents when I was little in Amishville PA
>sleeping in hotel room when loud banging from our door
>guy keeps banging on the door and demanding to come in
>dad yells at him to f-off
>go back to bed
>wake up in the morning and parents decide to get breakfast at Dennys nearby
>whole bunch of police and crime scene
>apparently the mafia was after the guy who was banging on our door, killed him, and dragged him to the freezer at Dennys and left him in there
>>
>>1057821
Learn a quran verse.
if there's a negotiation it usually begins with letting the muslims go

http://www.christianpost.com/news/islamic-gunmen-attack-mali-hotel-release-hostages-able-to-recite-quran-150563/
>>
>>1057826
You guys lost a war against emus
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.