[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm at a hostel and the guy who checked me in was new to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: euro-money-geld.jpg (55 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
euro-money-geld.jpg
55 KB, 300x400
I'm at a hostel and the guy who checked me in was new to the job and didn't take my money when I arrived. I'm due to leave tomorrow morning, so it looks like I'll be able to leave without paying. Is there any way this could go badly for me, given that they have my passport number?
>>
File: 1425231794584.png (153 KB, 405x405) Image search: [Google]
1425231794584.png
153 KB, 405x405
If you're worried then why not just pay up? You were planning to spend that money anyway.
>>
>>1056968
Because I could have two nice meals with that f a m
>>
As everything in life, just go on with full confidence that you've already paid.
Nobody will bother
>>
they could phone the police and have immigration control look for your passport number.

but it depends on the country.

honestly the probability of getting caught, or them bothering to chase after you is very very low.
>>
>>1056964
>didn't take my money when I arrived
They probably expect to charge you when you leave, lots of hostels work that way.

>given that they have my passport number
They can report you to YHA or HI and then you won't get a hostel bunk ever again.
>>
Self respect may be worth more than two meals, f a m.

Or not, maybe that ship has already sailed.
>>
>>1057051
Indeed, some places charged up in the beggining or at the end of your stay. Have some values and pay motherfucker.
>>
>>1056964
nope.
shits on him for fucking up.
>>
In March I stayed in a hostel that didn't charge me for the stay the first night saying I can pay the next day. As I was short on money and had to withdraw some, I said good and went on my way. The next day I went to the register to pay and the lady there said I already paid, so I said oh, I must have forgot. I guess they fucked up in their booking system somewhere and marked me as paid.I saved like $25 for the 2 nights I was there...
>>
Welp, they charged my card and sent me a receipt. I didn't realise they could do that. Whatever happened to chip and PIN?
>>
>>1057688
Yes they can if u give them your cc data
>>
>>1057688
You can charge cards with just the number and expiry with a PDQ machine in the UK so its probably similar everywhere
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.