[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Morocco
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (9 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
9 KB, 900x600
I'm going to be spending about a month in Spain next summer with my family. I want to make a trip to Morocco for a weekend or so. I mostly want to see Fez, and I'm not interested in sports or shit like that. Mostly into food and culture/historical tourism.

Sounds good. But what do you think?
>>
been there for a few weeks last year, only had lots of tagine as local foods

>eat tagine and go waaaay into the more rural areas morocco is mostly impressive and diverse nature

>as always everyone will try to lure you into their own/brothers/cousins/fathers/whatevers restaurants as soon as you dont look 100% native, so it might be hard to find an authentic restaurant that isn't only touristic

>unless you go into rural areas, they never see tourists there and you can get authentic food

>not real cuisine: but try the oranges they are supreme
>>
I have about a B2 level of French and maybe could get there in Modern Standard Arabic by the time I go, but no interest in learning the Maghribi dialect. Would I do better with French or should I go for MSA?
>>
>>1056844
A close friend of mine is currently living in Morocco and pretty much loves it, she's really happy with the culture and people. She's in Rabat, I'll definitely visit her next year.
>>
Also interested in going to Morocco next year. Are there times of the years which are better or worse than others? I know I'll avoid Ramadan, but other than that... too cold in winters? Too hot in summers?
>>
Fez is awesome, eat tagine, buy a Fez in the medina (don't get ripped off and watch out for donkeys), and maybe buy yourself a djellaba so you can look like a jedi... Otherwise just check out tripadvisor, can't really say anything else. I've only ever visited family there many times, it's a pretty chill city. If you want to get laid you'll enjoy it, plenty of Moroccan chicks want the white dick.
>>
>>1057465
Just stick to French. Those who make their living off of tourists all know passable English.

Summer can be oppressively hot, yea. Winter in the mountains can be cold, but if you're from a temperate zone yourself, you know what to expect. Stay away from Tangier, it's a shithole, even more annoyingly turbo-touristic than the rest of Morocco.

Also try the hash, it's great.
>>
Going walking in the High Atlas next year, any suggestions for things worth seeing in the few days I have in Marrakech after? Museums, historical things, stuff like that.
>>
>>1057312
This guy is 100% right about everything. Moroccan food is awesome, Moroccan people are awesome. But you won't experience this unless you get out of the cities (or the tourist infested deserts)
>>
>>1059945
Hash. Not smoking some hash in a mountain village with the local old farts is like going to Naples and not eating pizza, or going to Munich and not drinking beer.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.