[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to be in Amsterdam for the next four days. From what I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 1280x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 1280x700
Going to be in Amsterdam for the next four days. From what I can tell rijksmuseum, van gogh museum, and the Anne frank house are must sees. I also plan on doing the Heineken experience thing and at least walking down the red light district at night to see the atmosphere; anything else I should check out? Also looking for tips on Dutch food I should try.
>>
File: 100_1138.jpg (934 KB, 2580x1932) Image search: [Google]
100_1138.jpg
934 KB, 2580x1932
>>1055938
>Dutch food I should try
You absolutely should get some krokettes from a FEBO store at 3am, you haven't done Amsterdam until you've done that.
>>
>>1055938
>Also looking for tips on Dutch food I should try.
- Stroopwafles. Preferably fresh, at a stand. If not available in the supermarket. It's the one everybody loves and descibes as the food of the Gods.
- Patatje Speciaal; fries with ketchup, mayo and onions
- Herring; Yes, Haring. Dutch style. Raw. By the tail. With onions and pickles.
- Bitterballs; get them in any decent snackbar or bar
- Drop; Dutch licorice. You'll hate it.
- Stamppot. The epitome of Dutch cuisine. Mashed potatoes with (over)boiled vegetables. Read up on all the varieties. I recommend Stamppot Boerenkool met worst (mashed potatoes with green cabbage and smoked sausage)
- Pepernoten. Peppernuts. It's the time of year. You will love these.
- Oliebollen. Oilballs. Also seasonal. It's basically a ball of fried donut dough. It's amazing. With powdered sugar and possibly with raisins.
- Frikandel Speciaal. A sausage made from every part of the animal they couldn't use elsewhere with mayo, curry and chopped onions.
>>
>>1055938
You won't believe the queues at the Anne Frank house.
>>
>>1055938
fuck the anne frank house, imo it's boring as hell, and what other anon said, the queues are so damn long. You may wanna just stroll around Amsterdam, I always enjoy doing that. Also go to cities close to Amsterdam, it'll get pretty boring after 4 days I'd assume. Check out Utrecht, Delft, Leiden, Groningen, Maastricht or Roermond. There are multiple other options, but those are the ones that would seem the nicest to me. You can probably do Utrecht together with either Leiden or Delft in one day. Just stroll around in the cities and you'll have a good time I'd think
>>
>>1056058
>>1055938
Wouldn't recommend that nor van Gogh museum (most of his best pieces are abroad). Rijsk is cool tho, as is the Stedelijk museum, which is one of the best contemporary art museums in the world.
Should add pea soup to bar food list, otherwise dutch food is not that great.
Try Indonesian, Kantjil & De Tijger is decent and not too expensive in the center. Surinamese food is also great, but the places I know are off center. Jordaan has good places to eat too.
>>
File: BroodjeVanDobbenKroket.jpg (59 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
BroodjeVanDobbenKroket.jpg
59 KB, 200x200
>>1055938
I liked always Eetsalon van Dobben in the Korte Reguliersdwarsstraat 5
They're famous for their "Broodje van Dobben Kroket"
>>
File: PaleisOpDeDamOutside.jpg (139 KB, 1024x639) Image search: [Google]
PaleisOpDeDamOutside.jpg
139 KB, 1024x639
>>1055938
I don't know if the "Paleis op de Dam" is opened on that time, but it is nice to see from the inside
>>
File: PaleisOpDeDamInside.jpg (14 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
PaleisOpDeDamInside.jpg
14 KB, 300x199
>>1056170
Paleis op de Dam, Burgerzaal
>>
If you're looking for a place to hang out while it's raining, and you've done Rijks and Stedelijk already -- go to the basement of EYE museum over the IJ. The ferry is free anyway, and you can watch some cool movies there in the free part, too.
>>
File: PaleisOpDeDamInside.jpg (256 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
PaleisOpDeDamInside.jpg
256 KB, 1024x682
>>1056171
Better Quality picture
>>
Can you see lots of windmills and tulips near Amsterdam? I'll be there in April or early May
>>
>>1056204
Tulips -> Keukenhof (45 min)
Windmills -> Zaanse Schans (30 min) or Kinderdijk (75 min)
>>
You can find a lot of dinner tips and events on this website (English version) which dates are you in Amsterdam?
http://www.yourlittleblackbook.me/
>>
AMSTERDAM WEEKEND GUIDE DECEMBER 4, 5 & 6 (http://www.yourlittleblackbook.me/amsterdam-weekend-guide-december-4-5-6/)

Light festival will be great (and free!)
And Sundaymarket if you like markets
>>
>>1056204
inside amsterdam there's this brouwerij 't ij thing, brewery in a windmill, it's pretty good.

as >>1056335 said, zaanse schans is the ultimate windmill source nearby amsterdam, though.
>>
File: IMG_20151012_1548.jpg (406 KB, 1152x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151012_1548.jpg
406 KB, 1152x2048
Yay for windmills
>>
>>1055938
Rent a bicycle for the day, go to a live a sex show & try some of the shrooms in the safety of your room if you're not staying in a hostel.
>>
Hey guys, imma bump this thread

Any hostels to recommend in Amsterdam? I'm going there with a friend, would you say airbnb is a good idea for amsterdam?
We're not really party people but we're deffinitely going to check out bars and coffeshops while there.

What're some good neighbourhoods to look in? We're gonna be staying for just four days.

Also, how hard is it to take weed or other drugs from Holland to Germany nowadays?
>>
>>1055938
go to Wild Moa Pies. it's just a really good pie shop, but i liked it alot. the lady that owns it is a total sweetheart.
>>
>>1057333
there are two flying pig hostels. either one is good
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.