[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm feeling pretty desperate right now, I recently broke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Her in shangdong.jpg (147 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Her in shangdong.jpg
147 KB, 720x960
I'm feeling pretty desperate right now, I recently broke up with my Chinese girlfriend here in the UK, the holiday is round the corner and I need to get away from here. Almost everyone in this town is flying back home.

How dumb an idea would it be to use some sort of dating app to connect with someone across the waters? I've never needed to use one of these apps before but I don't want to fly in blind to a country I don't know without making sure theres something waiting for me.

Has anyone used tinder with much success abroad? How about others like Wechat and Line?

Or should I just suck it up, bury myself in a job here and wait for it to all blow over?
>>
Give yourself some time, dude.
>>
Well, you should give yourself some time. But if you don't want to be alone - how old are you?
>>
>>1055852
WeChat is actually decent as a dating app. Chinese use Instagram for prostitution I think, just look at Chinese hashtags of Chinese towns.
>>
>>1055855
I know I should but I just can't focus on anything. I need something to take my mind away from it all.
>>
>>1055871
I'm 24, I can't handle being alone at the moment, I can't switch off or stop thinking. I love travelling, meeting new people, thats when I feel most at peace and can think again.
>>
>>1055852
Go to Thailand
>>
>>1055909
Thai friendly or LINE
>>
>Go to Thailand
>>1055909
I agree. Either there or PI, you need another asian chick to erase your memories for the better. Speaking from recent experience here with my ex-chinese gf. :D Have the biggest blow out you can afford.
>>
>>1055906
Go to nigeria it should make you feel batter sense there's no way your life is as bad as there's.
>>
>>1055909
>>1055910
I was thinking Thailand, although most of my money will be blown on just the flight. Might have to find some work.
I'll try Thai Friendly see how it goes.
>>
>>1055913
Yeah this sounds like what I need! What did you end up doing?
>>
>>1055915
Already been, never again. Too many power cuts, bribery and more although I respect how every man is out to make a living.
>>
>>1055935
>>>1055913 (You)
>Yeah this sounds like what I need! What did you end up doing?
Flew to my destination, booted Tinder and invited every girl out, since I was a foreigner, tall and working out I got a lot of dates and some repeats. They brought friends and I was playing the happy-go-lucky tourist thing whilst surroundimg myself with more and more women. Took them out to a bar and enjoyed a nice conversation about me, drank and ate like an animal, tired myself out, go to sleep and repeat. Some of the repeat dates developed into "feelings" for the girl and I was healed from 1/2
>>
2/2 my heart being ripped out. Great confidence boost having 3 beautiful girls trying to get your attention.
>>
>>1055852
Check out Bilbao OP

The locals are pretty friendly plus there's a huge British/Irish community here that'd be more than happy to go for a couple jars with you, show you around, introduce you to some people.
>>
>>1055932
Fortunately, that's the most expensive part. Not hard to live cheaply once there. Another option, outside of Thai friendly, is interpals.net There's always a thread on int, usually titled culturepals or something. A lot of Thai chicks up there.
>>
>>1056616
Now this I haven't heard of before, thanks anon, sounds like a good suggestion.
>>
>>1056706
Wow I owe you one, this is just what I was looking for!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.